Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Smoking GREAT for health O.o - Minitokyo

Smoking GREAT for health O.o

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

Greedy Government!!!

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

Need a few more reasons to quit smoking? How about weak bones and a nagging backache? If the risks to your cardiovascular system and the specter of cancer aren't inspiration enough to snuff out that butt, evidence now shows that smoking has negative effects on your entire skeletal system.

When Edward N. Hanley Jr., MD, looked at work-related injuries and smoking, he found that 50% of smokers suffered from low back pain, compared with only 20% of nonsmokers. What's more, the smokers also suffered more from disabling leg cramps and generalized back pain. Hanley is chairman of the department of orthopedic surgery at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, N.C.

The results of that study are right in line with other investigations into smoking's effect on bones.

"Nicotine slows fracture healing, estrogen's effectiveness, and it counteracts the antioxidant properties of vitamins C and E, predisposing smokers to increased hip fracture risk," says Stuart A. Hirsch, MD, chairman of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, in a news release.

Here's what we know so far. Research shows quite clearly that compared with nonsmokers, smokers have:

* slower bone cell production
* faster bone loss (especially postmenopausal women, who are already at risk for osteoporosis)
* more severe vertebral disc degeneration
* weaker spinal ligaments
* longer healing time after a cut, fracture, and surgical incision
* less successful ligament and joint surgery
* more complications following surgery

i smoke but i wish i had the will power to quit. everytime something happens i just reach for the magic pack. anyway that is wrong that the government in china does those things, and i think that canada is very good for doing something about it.

Bee69

Bee69

Bee-GFX

there may be pros and cons.there both probably right..i dont know

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I quite smoking for a bit but now I'm doing a pack a day or more sometimes. I know it's not good for you but it does take some stress out of your life for a moment. Funny thing is... I always hate smoking. But you only have one life to live and time is killing you either way. So you can pick how you want to die which ever way best suit you. because everything (and I do mean everthing) is killing you these day. From fast food to depression to what ever it may be. Smoking to me gets my mine of the issues that I stress out about and just let it be. Though I said to my self... after this cotton of cigarettes. I'll cut down or quite for a bit again. I have alot of self control so I know I can do it. But for now... I'll just enjoy while I still can ^_^'

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

ShotgunJohny

i am i man

Quote by MetalFireWhat! that stuff is. weird. mabey there tobaco is speicial

I agree if thats so then I want some

I like violence and death and killing and gore and hate and all things evel but even more i like fire yeah fire

Signature Image
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

oh baka!! how many times hav i told u not to read that stuff,
smokin is bad for u and i know that u don't smoke but stop readin that
stuff, its full of nonsense..

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

well, i used to smoke a lot, thank goodness i was able to quit.but i'm still a passive smoker, 95% of my friends are smokers, so there's always fog surrounding me..

well, i can't really say that much with the chinese gov't.they want their economy to boom as much as it could. they wantto show foreign investors that their people will buy anything that'll make em look cool, even if its going to be a threat to their health..

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

hey that's not it. smoking is bad. for every cigarette sticks you take you are losing a day in your life. if smoking is good, it should be universally accepted and should be recommendd. but its the other way around. some people are dying because of lung cancer caused by smoking. this issue is just here mainly because they want to profit out of cigarettes.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

ah, gotta love false propoganda! (talking about the Chinese, not the Canadians... XP)

Signature Image

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

Is that really true? O_o?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

umm..exuse the languege but WTF that sounds like a bunck of crock or me, i think thay say that just to get more money out of the people or somthing..

Signature

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Quote by TirdaelynIsn't that what they used to say in America a very long time ago? They
used to say that smoking made you look cool, and that it wasn't bad for
you... etc etc... but that was all years and years ago, and now look at
all those people...
I think I will stick with my recent decision to quit smoking... just
about two weeks now, and doing quite well. *is proud of self* :)

Your right smoking may be bad, but it does make you look cool! lol! come on kids do it with me, and only buy smokes for someone if they pay you! Oh and btw I have quite smoking but thats only because this backwater podunk town doesn't sell the kind I like!

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

that's awful! o_0 ... hopefully the Canadian's did some eye openers.... i hate corporations [shudders]

hopefully for the people's health things are cleared up

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

That's seriously not right. My grandpa died from lung cancer from smoking. That's rediculous that they say it's good for you. *shakes head*

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

moonbaby

moonbaby

<3 SOCCER

Yea.........No smoking is bad for u, where did the chinese get this from !?!?!?!?!?!?

gah!!! ppl r so stupid!!! XP

This is ridiculous and totally untrue!!

.... Yeaaaaaa... The Soccer Season Has Finally Started!!!
.... <3 My New Friends...
.... <3 M&M's... :D

echidnaboy726

echidnaboy726

Good eye, sniper

I dunno, guys. Perhaps we over-emphasize the hazards of smoking a bit here in North America, but the idea that it's *good* for you? I kinda question that....

Quote by MrSixkiller89 Cigarettes, according to China's tobacco authorities, are an excellent way to prevent ulcers.

Wtf? I thought it cause tongue ulcers and ulcers hurts like hell man>_<

Hrmm, but what if smoking did have benefits? All those researches about its negative effects were done on North Americans. What's keeping us from assuming that diet and type of environment are factors in triggering tongue ulcers? Perhaps there's something in their food that counters them negative effects, eh?

blackwidow

blackwidow

spiders victim

k smokin is bad because of all the chemicals in it! i once read this book of my sisters and some kind of cleaning chemical is in it?! a family way back in teh day cleaned their house with this chem. and the brought the baby and dog in too soon & they both died...its a true story..ill find out the chemical name when i scope thru the book again.. & ppl still think smokin is cool...im a daily smoker..and this one chick i was friends with used to smoke whenever i did or my other friends did..she never inhaled just held it in her mouth (bad move, tongue cancer)..so moral of teh story is dotn smoke its a bad way to die...lugn cancer is very painful..my uncle died of it when he was 38...only 38!! try to quit while ur ahead and better yet dont try it..because i kno from experience it becomes a bad habit.

devil's dirty deed, wont you come and play with me?maybe then the world will see...what it truly means to be me...

mela

mela

~*mela-chan*~

i think that smoking is bad... don't know about others but, for me, it's definitely bad!
its even worse when the non-smokers inhale the smoke... gets us killed easily... :)

"Never be captivated by anyone, just live as yourself in the way you are."

ei friends! how are you?
always remember that i'm here if you need me! :)

I think it's moderation. A little may be good but if you over do it... well you get the point. But since it's addictive, best stay away from it.

Signature

Wanna play some fun games? Try this out!
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=yi2712

Come to think of it, smoking an entire pack actually burns a good number fo calories (260 or something). COurse, thent he choice is whether or not shaving those few pounds off is worth the lung cancer. *Shrug* I don't think so.

Whatever... they have already too many people. Isn't it said that the real population of China is significantly bigger than the official figures given by China ?

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.