Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think that i should do??? - Minitokyo

What do you think that i should do???

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Yue-Horrishino

Yue-Horrishino

Tsubasa Mahou

Well, i have a year to decide if i go to university or not ... Well i don't want to unless, i go to Japan... to do a course ... but obviosly my parents won't let me... but i really can't stay like this... I mean i have to have a secundary course or university done, because unless, i have one of those done i can't work where in Portugal... And on other contries...
So my question is:
_ Do you have similar problems? (you hant to go outside to study, but your parents won't let you)
_ What do you think that i should do???

Signature Image

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

hello Yue-Horrishino
how are you doing?
uhhm well... i have also this kind of problems with my parents.i want to study here, but i said that i want to go to another country like malaysia or Singapore
but my parents are too protective , even when i go outside with my friends somewhere they have to know where i am and the adress and stuff
so if i will go to a foreign country by myself i dont think they will let me...
but i have 1 uncle that wants to talk with my parents and now my parents said that they will see later if i can or not
so that is something posotive :)
what i think you should do?
uhhm if i was you i just would do the university so that you have ur diploma and then you can go to another country, if you really want to go then let someone convince your parents that you can go to japan.and then you can find a job with your diploma.
i hope that will help
well...
see you later and have a nice day
bye bye

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

did your parents say why they wouldn't let you go to a foreign country to go to university? if you do some research on the programs that they have at the college you want to go to in Japan, and present it to your parents in a professional way maybe that will show them that you care about your education and you aren't just wanting to go there to have a good time. (not saying that that is your reason, but i know some of my friends had that problem with their parents) if they won't let you go there for all 4+ years, maybe you could convince them to let you study abroad for a semester or something. but whether or not you get a chance to study in Japan or not, i still think that you should go to university. if you still want to go to Japan, maybe you can save up money and go as a graduation present to yourself? well, i'm sorry if that wasn't much help... but i wish you luck!

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I have a similar problem. My parents will not let me leave New York state to go to college only because they think they'll be spending too much money for traveling and on out-of-state tuition. In addition, my parents do not think I'm capable of handling myself in the distance, and I must say that it's terrible for them to think that way. The point is that I'll be in college and I won't be anywhere else. If I get stuck out there, then all I know I'll need is a sufficient amount of money to get back home. But no, my parents are afraid something will happen to me instead of looking at me from how I grew up, which was with learning the first stages in taking care of myself.

Okay, well, it depends on the field of study you want. It shouldn't matter what institution you go to, but all that should matter is that you're able to take up the field of study. If you think that you can't find an institution near home that provides the field of study, then I would suggest going over the guidelines with your parents. If you don't like what they say, then your best bet is to make some money to go out to where you want to go by getting a job.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

simple, just let your parents decide for the meantime, if they will be the ones to pay off your college. unless you will work in order to sustain your course in other countries though. just let them be for the meantime and after that you can be on your own soon. i dont have problems like this thank God. my parents let me decide on my school and i prefer to study here within the city. but the course, my mom is angry. she doesnt like my course but still i insisted and i won the debate. just take your time friend everything will fall into place soon.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Hey, university is a lot of fun no matter where you study. And it is really important to your future. Dont give up going to university just because your parents dont want to pay overseas fees, go to university near your home and then you can do study-abroad programs to help you study abroad where you want to. I mean, your parents do get a say because they're being nice enough to pay for all of it! :)

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Unversity is the first step in learning the fucntion of a mini society, it is in there that you learn to coexist with different people, for now just go to the university your parents are willing to pay for, then you can joined the study aboard program in your unveristy to do what you want, but don't skip a wonderful experience because you don't get your first choice. It is a very important step into adulthood.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

daisukeniwa05

daisukeniwa05

Self-taught artist

Quote by MordinUnversity is the first step in learning the fucntion of a mini society,
it is in there that you learn to coexist with different people, for now
just go to the university your parents are willing to pay for, then you
can joined the study aboard program in your unveristy to do what you
want, but don't skip a wonderful experience because you don't get your
first choice. It is a very important step into adulthood.

totally agree with Mordin.. he totally right, right now , i just graduated highschool on june10, and i had the same problem as you did.. but for now,, i rather take what my parents' can handle. after you get your degree in what ever major you're going for. then your income will be able send you to Japan.. YOu can also consider the JET program and teach english over in Japan, REserech it.. it really cool.. don't worry about all this stuff. you have plenty of time, and if you stress yourselfd too much , then it is going to last for quite some time.. take it easy and one step at a time..

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by Yue-HorrishinoWell, i have a year to decide if i go to university or not ... Well i don't want to unless, i go to Japan... to do a course ... but obviosly my parents won't let me... but i really can't stay like this... I mean i have to have a secundary course or university done, because unless, i have one of those done i can't work where in Portugal... And on other contries...
So my question is:
_ Do you have similar problems? (you hant to go outside to study, but your parents won't let you)
_ What do you think that i should do???

If i were you, i'd get a job, save up my money, and just go!
who cares if your parents "won't let you"?
Since your at the stage of your life where you have to make this kind of decision,
your probably old enough to break away from your parent's rules!
You can do it!!

Of course, that's just what I would do... ^_^'
i don't know very much about your actual situation, much less your parents.
Food for thought, in any case.

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

This is so interesting, lol. I know a lot of people who wants to travel before college, and lots of them want to go to Japan! XD But I would suggest you go get a job and save up since living in Japan is expensive like whoa. @_@ Then go! You can always get an education in America afterwards or wherever you are, I'm obviously assuming America. Haha. >_< Anyway, yeah. That's my key point. I'm becoming a senior so not much advice would come from me for now. :P

guess it would depend on if your paying for it or not. if you are then i really don't see as how thay can tell you what to do or not. if thay are paying for it then i think your in trouble cause thay have a say in what you do and can cut you off at any time..

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.