Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being childish : is it bad ? - Minitokyo

Being childish : is it bad ?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

i'm asking you if you think that childish people are annoying or it's the way they are nothing to say about it or it's cute and funny... i'm childish myself and i know some people didn't like me because of that... i made the choice of staying a "child" when i saw how the adult world can be cruel... when adults talked back then they weren't happy in this world ! imaybe because they have given up their innocence, their dreams, their capacity of being happy... i didn't wanted to be part of adult world in a way that i will keep what's important : innocence, being amazed by something, believe in something and keep my power to imagine things... i'm not irreponsible and i don't think i'm this kind of girl, i just want to keep my child soul in me and not let it go... so, what's your opinion ?

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

idontdoperky

idontdoperky

used to live in the real world..

i am not 20 years old so i cant really give you a good answer, but i think a lot of kids my age get turned off by people acting childish because we r all trying to grow up inside. i also think that it is a bad thing to totally let go of being childish and fun. many people would love to be your friend for the fact that you aren't totally grown up. you can still be childish and show maturity. :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

gracie-chan

gracie-chan

bubbles' drill sargeant

Maybe you should make a balance. Be serious but not too serious. Be loose but not too loose you know?

Signature
LOVU LOVU PANDAS KYAAA >__<
BBLS!! move those muscles.. I wanna see 30 pushups!!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by gracie-chanMaybe you should make a balance. Be serious but not too serious. Be loose but not too loose you know?

i agree with that. it's not BAD to be childish, but not all the time. for me, i'm childish with my siblings and my friends, but i know when to act my age. personally, all of my friends have that same trait... we all joke around with each other, but we know when to act out age. if someone is TOO childish, they might get on my nerves, but i haven't really had that experiance yet, so i'm just speculating.

Signature Image

Being childish is nothing, it's another entertainment for me . Almost like bothering people.

Signature Image

You can't help who you are, only improve on what you already have. I don't think childishness is a bad thing - only when used too often, the same as anything else. Nobody likes a totally serious person all the time, either. Also, not all childish things are bad. A child might be immature at times, but there are good qualities in there, too - did you know a child can make so many people happy? What could be more awesome than that?

Well, its not bad but if you overdo it then it may appear annoying to some people. Im childish, but im 16 so,yeah. Cant really tell how i will be in 4 years. :)

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

its not bad to be childish. its fun and you get in touch with your past more. so dont hold back if you wanna be a little childish because you think its wrong. you will need to do it sometime.

it would depend on the person, like if he/she had a good attitude or somthing then i would come to expect it, but if there doing it just to get attention or to be anoying then it's just not cool..

Signature

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

I guess in some ways being childish keeps me young, but there are times when I gotta be serious....and I know it can defnintely turn people off. Therefore I only express my inner child with close friends who know me well, but still "act my age" with other people. Haha...

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

yeah...i agree with you too !!! ^^ i'm not childish all the time of course and i'm a serious girl (women?) : i don't drink too much or smoke or break laws/rules... i'm shy so, i don't attract to much attention but my friends and family know me like i am... i don't hate myself and that part of me, i assume this part but i'm wondering how people react to it !

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

Perhaps "child-like" would be a better word. You know, the ones who keep their minds open and are still easily amazed. Yep, they make good company.

People who act childish, on the other hand, is a lot I'd love to hate. They speak in this irritating, baby-ish voices and persuade you to submission with horrific and incessant cooing. And they never grow out of it. *sigh*

Quote by RevuePerhaps "child-like" would be a better word. You know, the ones who keep their minds open and are still easily amazed. Yep, they make good company.

People who act childish, on the other hand, is a lot I'd love to hate. They speak in this irritating, baby-ish voices and persuade you to submission with horrific and incessant cooing. And they never grow out of it. *sigh*

yeah... i think you're right Revue !! i'm not born english so i don't master all the subtilities of the language ^^ it's more appropriate for me to say that i stayed like a child. For exemple, i can't help myself to Sream a BIG HUGE "sooooo cuuuteee" every time i see a dog i like and i like teedy bears very much, my room is full of them... that's my extremities in the "child-like" attitud.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

You're a 20 year old lady right? Hmmm... I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "Soooooo cuuuuteeee" everytime you see cute stuff.

*in whispers* In fact, I think that's kinda cute... don't tell people that...

*ahem* so... being a more child-like and innocent person is not a bad thing... I prefer girls to be a bit more child-like... I'm also a bit childish and playful for my age...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

Rusty15

Ultimate FMA and FF7 fan.

I am really "child-like" , just because Im still immature for a 15 year old.

Im a 15 year old Guy Called Rusty. I Like to play Video games, work out, Read Manga's and Watch Anime's, and hang out with my Hometown Girlfriend. My fave Animes are Fullmetal Alchemist, Megas XLR, beyblade and Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy. If you Share any of the hobbies (cept my Girlfriend XD) Feel free to add me to your buddy list, or send me an Email, or whatever.

~ Rusty.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

How is the adult world cruel? O_o Treats you the same way no matter how you act, so you shouldn't let it dictate who you are and you shouldn't have to pointedly avoid acting "adult" and be "childish".

It isn't so much having a "child-like innocence" as it is wanting to learn new things. It's like Revue said, keeping an open mind. No adult knows everything, there's always something new to see and experience and that's exciting stuff.

So you can go about having fun and enjoying life without annoying the people around with a "don't want to grow up" attitude.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

"Don't want to grow up" is the wrong kinda attitude to adopt... But "living life without annoying the people around you" shouldn't be a main concern either... The important thing to realize here is this... No matter how you act, there is bound to be people who disapprove. "People who refuse to grow up" just happen to be one of those more disliked ones.

Seriously though, how can anyone say how a person should act at any given age? I personally think that as long as you're comfortable with how you're acting and how you're doing then you should not be concerned with what other people think of you. As I said earlier, I don't think there is anything wrong with the way you're acting for a 20 year old so don't let what other people say change your opinion on things...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

I think that it is OK to act Childish as long as it's at the good time and place. But there are other times when you do need to act serious. For instance, If you're sitting there chilling with friends, and goofing off, that's a good time to acrt Childish, but if you're at a job interveiw or something important like that, than u should act more serious.

Oru

Sometimes I act childish too, but most of the time people who constantly whine/flirt/act innocent/don't act their age annoy me. I mean, I'm not their baby-sitter, so drop the act already. I guess I just don't like to be put in the position of a mature person when people around me act like 4-year-olds. Sometimes I even see it as a personal put-down when people deliberately try to act young. That's just how I feel about the issue.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

being too childish is sometimes bad...you know, depending on the stituation and how serious you have to be...i act way too childish for my age...

happianime

happianime

May all your dreams come true!

Quote by fawna-chanbeing too childish is sometimes bad...you know, depending on the stituation and how serious you have to be...i act way too childish for my age...

ditto that except for the acting way too childish for my age. ^_^

Always approach with a smile!

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

People who can't act childish are boring. Of course sometimes they can go overboard and become annoying. It’s a thing where you need to know a limit for your actions as not all of us like children.

Depends on the mood I'm in -- usually I'm insanely serious and quiet. Probably a little grumpy, too...
But when I get happy it's like I'm a little kid -- I like tackle people, too. ^^;

It's a balance, but don't change yourself for other people. There's always something about a person that's endearing and strong -- not always in the personality, sometimes in the heart.

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Quote by cardmage"Don't want to grow up" is the wrong kinda attitude to adopt...

But I really don't want to grow up. It's like, the older I get, the more complications there are in my life. I want things to just go back to when my main concern was who to be partners with in ballet class.
I can be serious when I want to, but normally I'm pretty happy-go-lucky and childish. It doesn't bother me or anybody else, and I guess I'll just let things take its course and maybe I'll grow out of it. But at the moment, being childish is fun and until I'm too old to be childish, I'll hold on to my "inner child" XD.

Brownie the Cat

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.