Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being childish : is it bad ? - Minitokyo

Being childish : is it bad ?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Quote by Shkira How is the adult world cruel? O_o Treats you the same way no matter how you act, so you shouldn't let it dictate who you are and you shouldn't have to pointedly avoid acting "adult" and be "childish".

It isn't so much having a "child-like innocence" as it is wanting to learn new things. It's like Revue said, keeping an open mind. No adult knows everything, there's always something new to see and experience and that's exciting stuff.

So you can go about having fun and enjoying life without annoying the people around with a "don't want to grow up" attitude.

i'm not afraid of being myself for a long time now. my question was more to see people's opinion for my simple curiosity ^^ i don't "force me" to do anything more than what i'll do. i've a very low self estime but curiously, i like myself the way i'm. you'll think i'm crazy but i often laugh about myself... i used to think that grown-ups in my surronding seems bored and didn't like to live in this world. i like to live in this world and creat my life with my own capacity. i currently do my studies to learn the job i want to do so, i'm not in active life yet but i'm quite happy to grow.
For the cruel world, i think it concern the way it can destroy who you are without pity or mercy.

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

As some members have already said, you should think of what you like to do as being child-like, not childish, as both have different meanings. I wouldn't say that being child-like is bad because there are some people who actually want to let off some steam or just want to experience how it feels being in the position of a child. And, if some adults were and are not enthusiastic about how they are supposed to go about everyday life, it's because they've grown out of that phase and decided to move on from child-like activities. All I can say is that you choose how you want to live.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

depends... i a not yet old enough to know this or experience this. But i have an uncle that acts to childish and unresponsable sometimes. And that's alright in small doses but sometimes people just need to grow up and accept what they have. Life has no intention of giving you what you want.

animefanzzz

animefanzzz

jam chan

well for me they think i should change my childish behaviour but.... 4 me i like the me now that what they are expecting that they want for me
what do you think ???should i change my childish behaviour?
but 4 me i don't want 2!!
wat do u think??? -_-

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Well, my girlfriend is acting childish when we're together. Yeah, it's annoying but that's what makes her cute. :)

I think it is ok to be child-like sometimes. One cannot always take things so seriously for they will have a limited amount of fun in their lives. I know this from past experiences. Also being child-like sometimes is healthy on an emotional/mental level. If you have a lot of stress in your life you can get rid of it by doing things that make you happy and sometimes those things can be a little child-like. Just make sure to be yourself in all situations. There is a time to be serious and a time to loosen up. You should be able to identify when the time comes in your life.

~Absorb All Awesome Anime~

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

i'm quite happy to see that MT's crowd is really tolerant and mature in their thoughts ^^ i really enjoy to chat with open-minded people !

your comments on my age makes me laugh because, even if it surprise you, according to people i don't look my age at all... i've the physic of a teenager and not really a grown-up...lol.

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Nah, no prob, Soryane.

My girl is the same as you. She's all woman but the way she acts around me is the other way round. ^__^'''

Sazness

Sazness

Sazness

Will, when yer little, you want to be grown up, when yer older you wanna be little again. It's perfectly normal. There are the exceptional cases where a kid just wants to stay a kid and therefore acts childish. There are also people who act childish due to other things, like not wanting to face reality.

There are certain times where it's alright to act childish, but not when a serious problem maccurs and you try to hid from it, it'll always be there and will get worse the more you try to avoid it.

I'm 22 and I'm still childish. I don't want to be one of those people that are always serious about everything. Been there, done that. It's no fun.

People, stay young for as long as you can! Life is just more fun that way!

I don't get how little boys and girls these days try to be grown up emidiatly... Enjou your child hood! You'll be grown ups faster than you know -__-

Quote by SaznessWill, when yer little, you want to be grown up, when yer older you wanna be little again. It's perfectly normal. There are the exceptional cases where a kid just wants to stay a kid and therefore acts childish. There are also people who act childish due to other things, like not wanting to face reality.

For some time in my teenage days, i was running away from reality because i was afraid... during this days, i often looked other people of my age living their life and something made me change my mind about "running"... i've seen how they didn't assume what they did and act irresponsible : they were running away from reality and it made me think ! i didn't wanted to be like that !
i'm serious when it's time and my child-like attitud doesn't change that ! My friends like my child-like attitud, it makes them laugh :) i think not all people live in the same world... So, i make mine XD

Why not? In good company just be yourself, but in some situations you mustn`t be childish.

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

Don't be childish all the time, especially if you're around grownups. I find childish people a little annoying, but I act childish at times, especially if I'm with my friends and my sister. But what I'm saying is not to be childish all the time, but it's nice to let loose once in a while. It's just in my nature not to be very childish....but my sister in the other hand is flat out crazy child like.....it's annoying at times, but tolerable.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I don't really appreciate people who are childish. I find it kind of inconvient because it is difficult to get stuff done. Being childish generally involves whining and stubbornness. It just isn't the kind of teasing and playfulness want. On the other hand, having a childlike ability to enjoy your environment is great. If you can smile when you see the sun or say something funny to the counter clerk just to brighten their day, it is a much better path. I would recommend holding on to the impassioned nature of a child as apposed to their actual behavior. Looking through the eyes of a child means you examine the world without experience. You should use your experience to enhance your joy.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

lol many people say that I act older than my age in real life... but here on MT I'm a complete whinge... namely because my avatar is the excuse... lol... and yeah, my mental kinda attitude to life has surpassed many of my age -.- you can say I am wise... but online I'm a complete kid XP

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

It depends on the situation. Sometimes it's good to let loose and go crazy-kid-hyper, but that is definitely not suggested for serious meetings, and such. I usually act childish when I can ^^. yayhappy!

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by soryanei'm asking you if you think that childish people are annoying or it's the way they are nothing to say about it or it's cute and funny... i'm childish myself and i know some people didn't like me because of that... i made the choice of staying a "child" when i saw how the adult world can be cruel... when adults talked back then they weren't happy in this world ! imaybe because they have given up their innocence, their dreams, their capacity of being happy... i didn't wanted to be part of adult world in a way that i will keep what's important : innocence, being amazed by something, believe in something and keep my power to imagine things... i'm not irreponsible and i don't think i'm this kind of girl, i just want to keep my child soul in me and not let it go... so, what's your opinion ?

My opinion is that everyone has a childish moment in their life at some point, and I'm not talking about when they are young, either. You could be acting childish and not even know it!

..and to say if it is annoying or cute, you really need to assess the situation at hand, first. If it is something such as a serious matter, then childishness can be an annoyance.

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

kireiyuhi

kireiyuhi

Lonely Dancer

i'm 16 and still very child-like and my friends love it. i love to laugh and have fun and my friends find it refreshing from the "older more mature" world. i know how to be mature and can act very mature when i want to, but i think it's nice to be able to keep smiling like a child when not everything is perfect. i think it takes more courage to be able to smile all the time instead of moping about the bad times. you might annoy people sometimes, but in the end, people will appreciate the happiness you radiate from being "child-like." i know my mom acts very childlike all the time and many guys like that trait and she has soo many friends. so being childlike is not bad at all, but knowing when to get down to the serious stuff is something that you need to make sure you don't cross the line between childish and child-like. i think some older people act more childlike than other people because they didn't get to fully live out their younger years and try to make up for it in their older years, but some people just act childlike because it's in their nature. i'm sure many people love you for your child like nature and so you shouldn't be ashamed or shy. be proud of who you are because i'm sure one day you'll come to truly appreciate your child-like nature. :D

in my humble opinion,
being childish is not bad
AS LONG AS you know
when to stop and be serious..
there are times when ppl get annoyed
because that person is acting immature
when you need them to be serious :sweat:

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

The authority of adulthood doesn't really demand your utter respect by robbing your childhood from within. If I would best put my thumb under this situation, the best point is to externally becoming yourself, and regardless of acting childish or not, it utterly can define who you are as a whole. While not succombing to pleasing the entirety of the public, remember the idea that there will always be those who don't like the way you act, the way you speak, and the way you feel and think, considering others out there might conclude to the opposite direction. You just take what you want to keep, and go on with it. Those who normally are subject to criticism and gets robbed of their individuality is a sign of poor self-esteem, which can be brought upon oneself by only listening to those who tend to be ignorant. It's your life at the end, and no one should tell you what to do, as long as its within a reasonable set of standards, of course.

Aside from that, to me - I actually don't mind the childish responses, although considering I prefer the maturity of the public rather than the immaturity in store. It really depends on the individual and how "childish" they act, but I don't think its bad in general, of course, as long as it isn't utterly righteously annoying. I actually think its kind of cute. **Giggles**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

If you are a childish, it doesn't mean it's bad. You're just you.
But sometimes, when things happen, it's best to be a bit more mature than you usually are.

Anaxa

Anaxa

Wish

It's about keeping our internal child, that enjoys the life and likes the small things. Of course you assume responisibilities, but it's not lke avoiding them everytime >_<

No matter what you play, if you can move the warm light
Idly sitting by, letting the tide slowly rise around and embrace you

Signature

Being childish sometimes is all right but not all the time. You don't want the elegy at you funeral to go something like... "He was a good person, perhaps a bit childish, but a good person". At least I don't want my elegy to be like that.

I am a self-proclaimed super genius and the future potentate of the universe; you may bow before me if you wish.

Quote by shariin my humble opinion,being childish is not badAS LONG AS you know
when to stop and be serious..there are times when ppl get annoyed
because that person is acting immaturewhen you need them to be serious :sweat:

that's what i wanted to say ^^

ooof

Indecisive

there are times when a person has to grow up. i'm one of those who need to grow up. in other words, i'm quite childish myself, but i try my best to not annoy people.

i'm a loozer.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.