Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 re-formatting - Minitokyo

re-formatting

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

yeah... i just had to reformat... so annoying.. but now my pc runns better...
any way down to the point
How often do you reformat ur computer?
I assume sum of u dont... but i like to get rid of stuff... :P
Any who.. ANSWER XD

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

Representing the Aspiring Mafia in W.A.R

Thienan

Thienan

Mad Suiken User

Uhh... I only do it when my computer is totally messed up. I've gotten to the point though, where that doesn't really happen anymore. So I haven't reformatted in a while.

ZyreX

ZyreX

PixelWiz

Macky mai Homie...
Usually if there is a major error or if it has gotten a virus... and when the comp has started to preform underneath the usual capacity other than that... umm

id say atleast once a year but then again there are exeptions...
its been running great for dunno how long. well I know how to handle most kinds of problems so i dont think ill do it any time soon either...

Signature

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

If I had a secondary hard drive where I could store all my important information that I didn't want to lose, I'd reformat tomorrow because I haven't done it for more than a year and I like to clean out Windows with a reformat every now and then. :)

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

thelunarmage, you should partition your hard drive.... that way you can format the c while keeping ut stuff safe on ur other drive... best to use partition magic.. or windows xp has a partition function..
Good luck..

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

exile02

exile02

Knees of Justice

Well because of my course that i am in i re-format at least once every two months or so. That is why i got portable hard drive, to keep every thing important it. Also i don't really find formating to be that big of a pain, cause it only takes about 2 hours to completely restore the files and programs you once had on you computer.

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

lol... yeah i just keep forgetting what i need to install (Forgetting drivers... then things dont work right... etc etc....) But it only takes me... mabye 3 or 4 hours...

Signature

TLTw804

TLTw804

TheLostTimberwolf

I remember a time when i used to format my system weekly, it wasnt unusual to do it a couple times in one weekend when i was trying to tweak and test stuff. Now days i dont run into too many problems that require me to format, but i still usually do it every few months or so.

Signature
One day I will find Myself, but when I do will I like what I have found?

ZyreX

ZyreX

PixelWiz

well reformating is the easy part... if u havent done it in a long time
ull have alot of programs... installing all the ones u use is the pain in the a** since if u do it alot ull start to hate reformating the comp.... since it takes too much time.. (one way of solving it is to make "images" of the clean install with the programs so u can easily just reformat and auto install the programs u use... and dont have to do it manually... only problem there is is that u have to generally update the "image" since u get new programs ie. better ones

Signature

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

i know images.. but i usually make images of cd and dvds... Never tryed with a whole partition... sounds like a cool idea... :D

Signature

i reformat once a week :D :D

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Well, I only reformatted it once cuz my cousins said that our pc has virus. She told us that I had to many things stored in my pc. So she tried to uninstall some things from my pc. But that didn't really do anything. So then a few weeks later, my other cousin's came over and said that there's nothing we can do. So they helped me do a system recovery on my pc. And now, my pc is doing fine.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Quote by Insane-Elmoi reformat once a week :D :D

That's a really screwed-up system (or user). There is no need to reformat that often nor for the hassle a reformat brings.

I haven't reformatted any of my 3 systems for the past year. Ok, I just reformatted one of them, but that was because I was upgrading to a bigger HD (and trying to import an OS from one HD to another has always been an unsuccessful affair to me). As long as I use my system sensibly and maintain regularly, my system will stay perfectly stable/fast and a reformat will always be the last thing to be done.

Regards.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

well i used to get frightened by the scent of reformat
but our friendly admin shinsengumi suggested me putting windows on a bootdrive so i can at least reformat like once a quarter of a year, lol

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Quote by ZyreXwell reformating is the easy part... if u havent done it in a long time
ull have alot of programs... installing all the ones u use is the pain in the a** since if u do it alot ull start to hate reformating the comp.... since it takes too much time.. (one way of solving it is to make "images" of the clean install with the programs so u can easily just reformat and auto install the programs u use... and dont have to do it manually... only problem there is is that u have to generally update the "image" since u get new programs ie. better ones

Yupe! i use norton ghost to make my image!! The whole partition!! Normally i juz save it in backup partition, no cd nor dvd...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

oohhhhhhh thats cool... but how much space does it use up... (not that it matters for me.. i have 200gb) ?

Signature

I reformat my PC every 6 months. Working or not. It really does give a big speed boost. As to my Mac, yea right! My Mac doesnt need to be and every update seems to make it faster.

SolidSnake2017

Gravy Train!!

1 1/2 to 2 years it has really become a regular cycle. All the Spyware adds up and can't get rid of it all sadly.

"If you bet there is no God and you win, you win nothing, but if you lose, you lose everything. If you bet there is a God and you win, you win everything, and if you lose, you lose nothing. Rationally speaking, God is the best bet." - Blaise Pascel
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signature Image
[No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...]

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

Adaware it good for getting rid of spyware solidsnake2017
reformatting a mac.. ive never heard of that... never really though about it eaithert,,, im usually a non-mac guy..

Signature

SolidSnake2017

Gravy Train!!

Ive got all those programs adaware spybot search and destroy, after a while they just don't seem to work.

"If you bet there is no God and you win, you win nothing, but if you lose, you lose everything. If you bet there is a God and you win, you win everything, and if you lose, you lose nothing. Rationally speaking, God is the best bet." - Blaise Pascel
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signature Image
[No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...]

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I tend to reformat every 6 months or so depending on when my computer needs it.

My latest trick to extend the time between formats is the have a an emulated PC with XP installed to try out software on. That way if I don't like it or it installs spyware, I just tell it to not save changes.

However, a few minutes on Google before installing a program can save hours of trying to get rid of spyware. And don't use IE to browse the web, there are too many exploits that allow that crap to be installed by just visiting a website.

Signature Image

u should aleast reformat ur comp once every year to refeash the whole hardrive, like the programs long and forgotten that just takes up room, and to stop ur windows from slowly degradding itself away to blue screen of death

Anaxa

Anaxa

Wish

Quote by ThienanUhh... I only do it when my computer is totally messed up. I've gotten
to the point though, where that doesn't really happen anymore. So I
haven't reformatted in a while.

Me too. I only format when my PC is really messed. :P

No matter what you play, if you can move the warm light
Idly sitting by, letting the tide slowly rise around and embrace you

Signature

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

I used to format my older PC every month, but since the arrival of my "Extreme HT" processor, and my extra big hard disk (250 GB), I could install any app without losing much speed, and I'm running with it for 4 months without reformatting.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.