Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 War of the worlds..*Spoiler* - Minitokyo

War of the worlds..*Spoiler*

page 1 of 1 9 total items

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

I went to an advanced screening of war of the worlds... has anyone else seen it yet... anywho..
Whoo liked it?
Camera work
Great, angles POV shots... it had it all.. and the eyecandy...
3D
was ok.. the aliens didnt reall "do it" for me.. not like the t-rex in jp
Acting
Tom Cruse- i never read the book but i found his acting to be beliveable...
Dakota Fanning - Kinda annoying character.. acting good...
Justin Chatwin - again annoying character... acting good..
(Please note, just cause i found a character annoying.. it did help the story)
Tim Robbins - Good acting.. Made me laugh...
Story
The story is good... very ironic ending.. i think speilburg did a good job showing it...
I never read the book.. or saw the other movie.. but that didnt matter...
Over all rating 8.7 of 10
Give ur opinion

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

Representing the Aspiring Mafia in W.A.R

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Haven't seen it yet but will eventually.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

Oh yeah that was worth saying.. well.. I hope Some ones seen it...

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Wow!! lat nite i watched this movie!!! and in my opinion is quite good and consider the blockbuster of the year!! Well all the computer effects, camera angles, scenic and condition designed all can strike 8 out of 10 points!! but i like the story much much more then other... it seems really helpless to ppl... and i think what's movie talked about is true... human being manged to get to the moon why not others from outer space... and luckily human life is like roaches... we can live under condition full with micro-organism, smoking, drinking, eating... blah, blah,blah, or human juz too flexible with micro-organism???

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

i agree totaly
The ending was so funny... and it wasn't like 2 guys beating a whole arm of aliens (Indapandance day)
Very good story

Signature

Angel-on-Dragon

Angel-on-Dragon

DarkCrimson's Sex Slave

Yeah, the movie was quite good though I thought the ending came quite abruptly....
But through the whole movie I thought "Please, please kill that annoying bastard (the girl)!"

Signature Image

erm, the ending was a bit lacking. the whole movie was really good though... i thought the acting of the little girl was awesome. she did a great job as the little-sister-who-had-to-be-protected. plus, she played the annoying snot role well too.

Okay, I'm speaking from a point of ignorance since I haven't seen the film... but from what I've heard, it doesn't sound any good at all. I'm a fan of the book so of course any discrepancy will annoy me, but isn't it set in America? That's like a slap in the face. It's as if they did that as a personal insult to me - don't get me wrong, I've not got a grudge against America as a whole, but what's wrong with the original setting? Why change it? And another thing, doesn't the main character work in a dock? No offense intended, but doesn't that mean that he's a bit... stupid? And why did they need to give him a daughter? I bet she lives as well. If they killed her then I wouldn't mind so much, but of course that's not going to happen because small children never die. Worst of all though - and I pray that I was misinformed - I read that they've changed the ending. That's the entire point of the story, I don't understand how they could do that.

Excuse my doubtlessly misinformed rant, but I just don't understand the point in making a book into a film, and then changing so much of it that it's barely recognisable. If it wasn't called "War of the Worlds" then I'd have no problem with it, but if they're going to make a film of a book, they should get it right.

Signature

envision

envision

nonchalant

Just watched the movie a few hours ago :P I thought it was really really good. I haven't read the book at all, but my friend said the ending was faithful so yup. The acting was brilliant, Tom Cruise doesn't usually play a role like that, much unlike his role in the mission impossible, and other "hero" roles. Yea, overall I thought it was so good...one of the best movies i've er seen in my life (i don't watch a wide range of movies :P)

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.