Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Flame of Recca Underrated? - Minitokyo

Flame of Recca Underrated?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

BaKaShInIgAmI

BaKaShInIgAmI

~Bakkie~

what do u guys think? if u have read the manga or seen the anime, do u think flame of recca is underrated? well, i think so. it wasn't the best anime or manga, but i think it should have gotten more attention than it has.

so what do u think? did u like flame of recca? do u think it's underrated?

Signature Image

Heck yeah, I haven't seen the whole thing because when I heard about Flame of Recca it was very hard to find the shows. The first few episodes were very good though. It's not like a masterpiece but for an action/fighting show it wasn't bad.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Flame of Recca was a smash hit here at the Philippines. So I don't really see it as underrated.

Naruto airs at the same time as Flame of Recca here but I'd rather watch Recca than Naruto.

Today's episode was when Fuko(?) lost to Magensha and now Domon has to fight him.

Flame of Recca is great show.

Signature

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Flame of Recca's anime has a different ending from the manga. Either that or they haven't finished the anime, but then they changed the "end of tournament" part of the anime already... I like the manga much more than the anime. The anime ended at the end of the tournament but the manga didn't...

Hmmm... Recca was pretty popular in Singapore as well so I don't think its really underrated... but it is an older series so I don't think it'll still be so popular now... Noboyuki Anzai's new work is mar...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

hmm...i dunno, because i was thinking about reading it, but i never did. i know what's it's about but...

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

********SPOILERS*******

The anime ended when the Finals between Kurei and Recca was interrupted by Mori and Kurei-Clone (uses green flames instead of scarlet).

Kurei Clone starts going berserk and smashes everything. Kurei goes after Mori and leves Recca to fend of Kurei Clone. Kurei Clone does a massive attack but all of Recca's dragon countered Kurei Clone's final attack. Resshin joined in the onslaught and succesfully kills Kurei Clone. Madoka uses his shield flame to spectators from the amssive explosion.

Elsewhere, Kurei stands as Mori's car runs him over. (can't recall)

Recca's team then happily celebrates ooutside and is now left with one more problem:

Break the spell that time has cast on Recca and his mother which are cursed to never be able to touch each other again.

A real cliffhanger. I really gotta get my hands on the manga to see what happened.

Signature

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Quote by jakulito********SPOILERS*******
The anime ended when the Finals between Kurei and Recca was interrupted
by Mori and Kurei-Clone (uses green flames instead of scarlet).
Kurei Clone starts going berserk and smashes everything. Kurei goes
after Mori and leves Recca to fend of Kurei Clone. Kurei Clone does a
massive attack but all of Recca's dragon countered Kurei Clone's final
attack. Resshin joined in the onslaught and succesfully kills Kurei
Clone. Madoka uses his shield flame to spectators from the amssive
explosion.
Elsewhere, Kurei stands as Mori's car runs him over. (can't recall)
Recca's team then happily celebrates ooutside and is now left with one
more problem:
Break the spell that time has cast on Recca and his mother which are
cursed to never be able to touch each other again.
A real cliffhanger. I really gotta get my hands on the manga to see
what happened.

*************More Spoilers****************

In the manga, Kurei's clone did not come out to stop the fight between Recca and Kurei... Recca combined the 7th dragon and the first and destroyed the entire arena instead... The anime doesn't actually show you what the 7th dragon can do but its really powerful... Mori wants to kill Kurei now that he lost to Recca (he did actually lose in the manga) and he sends Kurei's clone to do it. Only thing is this clone is actually a girl (go figure). Kurei nearly gets killed but was saved by the sound lady, whatever her name. And so the story continues...

As you can see from this small portion, the manga and anime are really different. In fact, Kaoru fought the Joker in the manga. Everything before that was more or less the same though... and so you can see that Kurei is still alive, Mori is still alive and there are so many problems still unsolved. Oh well...

Signature

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Anime ending at the half of the manga....with many questions without a reply....is a nice manga...but Maer is better :D

BaKaShInIgAmI

BaKaShInIgAmI

~Bakkie~

oh wow! looks like i'll have to read the manga now. i have read some of it but not the whole thing. i haven't seen mar yet. maybe i should check that out as well.

Signature Image

SurvivorofHate

Hero of Tommorrow

I saw the whole series before it was picked up by Viz. The series was good in my eyes, could of been better. I don't think it was underratted.

At one time, my heart was full of hatred and sorrow.
I didn't care about anything or anyone that stood in my way.
But when I looked back at the pain and destruction I caused, I finally cried tears of sadness.
Now, I promise myself to start living for something else...

...Something other than hatred.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

The anime actually showed somewhat a small sample of what Koku's power is. Flame walls or something, he uses flame surges and something similar to that.

Here's a round-up of the dragon powers:

Nadarei - Firebombs and Flame Balls
Saiha - Flame Sword (combined with Homura makes a scythe)
Homura - Flame bangles (used as defensive weapons)
Setsuna - "Deep into the Eye of the Dragon" (anyone who looks at his eye will get burned. besides Resshin, he's the other only dragon that can be visible when used)
Madoka - Flame Shields (very poweful red shield, said to be amde of flames)
Rui - Flaming Illusions (burns victims after an illusion)
Koku - Fire Surge (powerful attacks of flaming waves)
Resshin - Recca's father Oka now a Flame Dragon. He uses powerful flame attacks and is the most powerful flame dragon.

Anyone here knows what Resshin's true power is?

Signature

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Quote by jakulitoThe anime actually showed somewhat a small sample of what Koku's power
is. Flame walls or something, he uses flame surges and something
similar to that.
Here's a round-up of the dragon powers:
Nadarei - Firebombs and Flame Balls
Saiha - Flame Sword (combined with Homura makes a scythe)
Homura - Flame bangles (used as defensive weapons)
Setsuna - "Deep into the Eye of the Dragon" (anyone who looks at his
eye will get burned. besides Resshin, he's the other only dragon that
can be visible when used)
Madoka - Flame Shields (very poweful red shield, said to be amde of
flames)
Rui - Flaming Illusions (burns victims after an illusion)
Koku - Fire Surge (powerful attacks of flaming waves)
Resshin - Recca's father Oka now a Flame Dragon. He uses powerful flame
attacks and is the most powerful flame dragon.
Anyone here knows what Resshin's true power is?

**********************Spoilers again...***************************
Do you really wanna know? It was in the last book of the comic... Its the same power as Kurei's flame had... meaning, it has the power to turn a human into a flame that will live with the flamecaster... And Koku's flame isn't flaming waves at all... Its more like powering a single ball of flame to have something close to the power of... maybe a bazooka, except more powerful... the effect drawn in the manga kinda gives you the idea of a laser canon or something... so having a lot of little fireballs via Nadare makes it... u get the picture.

Go and read the manga yourself. Its worth reading till the very end...

Signature

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

It's so sad when the history of Hokage is finished after defeating Tendo Jigoku.. but at least Hime survived..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

I read the manga and liked it very much

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Thanks a lot cardmage for the info on Resshin's power. I'ma grab myself the manga and start reading...

I kinda remember Koku's human form shooting one strong blast (kinda like Nadarei's but much more powerful, it created a crater afterwards) in the series but just one shot. Yeah, it was very powerful just like a bazooka.

Signature

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

hmm, if Nadare and Koku combine their power, then Koku's blast will be multiplied.....

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Kryuzeihmm, if Nadare and Koku combine their power, then Koku's blast will be multiplied.....

They have the same projectile-type attack, but in the game Recca no Honoo: Final Burning, Koku's most powerful attack was Flame Beam.

Signature

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Koku flame beam.... Yeah, i see it... but with Nadare's power Koku's Flame Beam will be multiplied... If koku can only shot one at one time, but with nadare he can shot many beam at one time (it happens in the tournament)

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by cardmageGo and read the manga yourself. Its worth reading till the very end...

Okay I'm up to volume 17 now, right after the tournament, and I it's still up to volume 33. I'm trying to resist opning 33, but it's a hard task.

Signature

BaKaShInIgAmI

BaKaShInIgAmI

~Bakkie~

Quote by jakulito

Quote by cardmageGo and read the manga yourself. Its worth reading till
the very end...

Okay I'm up to volume 17 now, right after the tournament, and I it's
still up to volume 33. I'm trying to resist opning 33, but it's a hard
task.

i just finished reading the manga like 2 weeks ago. they should have made the anime longer. so much is left undone in the anime. the manga explains everything in detail.

Signature Image

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Yeah.. there should be a Rwcca no Honoo 2 or sumthin...

I'd be everyone would like that.

Signature

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.