Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime - Just for kids? When do we grow out of it? - Minitokyo

Anime - Just for kids? When do we grow out of it?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Alright, I have a question to ask. I'm turning 17 tommarow and I'm still an advid anime fan. Video games too, you know, your basic "nerd" stuff. And really not a lot of people realise this... that I even watch anime. Honestly, I do have a life, I have a lot of friends, and I'm like any other 17 year old my age... school's out, partying, doing stupid things with friends, yea. And really, only my good friends know I watch anime. And I'm the only one out of them that does watch it out of them. Though, they just think anime is just digimon and crap like that, which I guess most people ignorant to it believe. =/

Eitherway though, I wanna know what age we are suppose to grow out of these things if we ever do. I don't know to many people in there 30's that watch anime, I dunno about you. I get knocked for it by my friends that I'm too old now, but I know I'm not. And really, I can't see myself just one day saying, "Wow, this stuff is to childish." It's like I lead 2 seperate lives, and this is my second one... will I just get tired of it?

Just curious, sorry this is so long.. dunno how many people will read it but I wanna know what you think. Thanks.

Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where are you gonna go?
Salvation is here.

Some people do and some don't but there isn't an age where you HAVE to... It's just the persons decision I think :/ And I know many older people who watch anime and play wideo games! Conventions are a great way to see all fans in different age ranges ^^

Oh yeah, and the thing with people who think you're too old to watch anime, usually they aren't exactly qualified to give that kind of suggestion if they don't even watch or know what anime really is... I mean nothing against anyone, but it's like saying "Don't eat that! I have never eaten it but I don't think you should eat it." -.-

Your friends teese you about watching anime? weird. Well for me i basically believe that a 50yr old could watch anime. lol along with music a 53yr old was still getting her hip hop on XD. also games, i believe that any age could play them, and dont be ashamed on the 3-9yr label it has on the toy ;) , so continue to watch anime if you like it. dont let your friends make you quit because they teese you about it.

Get your hands off your joystick and jump with the G-spot.
Signature

Oh yea, I wasn't gonna let that stop me. I don't know what I was asking... I guess pretty much, when do people normally grow out of it?

You're both definatly right though.

Where are you gonna go?
Salvation is here.

Im 16, and Im slowly growing out of it. Well I think its more like..the older I get the more resposibilities I am given and have less time for anime, games etc etc. I think If I had the time I'd still watch a full series everyday.

Signature Image

i think i'll never grow out of it. if you like something...you shouldn't let your age effect it. and for me...as i grow up...i'll have less time for it...but i'll still be a anime crazed girl ^^

Yea, I guess you're right. Time is an issue. During the school year I really didn't watch a lot... tried to keep up with Naruto, but I took one day just to finish 16 episodes of Samurai Champloo lol. Little more time with summer, but still not a lot with work. =p

Where are you gonna go?
Salvation is here.

Look, I'm 18, almost 19, and I still am an avid anime/game/manga fan! The majority of my friends are, too. I agree with what others said that it's personal preference. To ease your mind a bit, I know of people who are like 30-40 y.o. and they love anime and games!

For me, I don't think it matters what age you are...I think each person gets something different from anime. The one thing I try to stress to my family is that anime is just your regular cartoon...it's a whole lot more. It has better themes and want-not...it's art.

i agree with angelwindy, don't let your friends dictate what you like. If you love anime (or even just like it) continue with it. If you grow out of it, fine. But, let it be YOUR decision, and your decision only. ~_^

I'm 17, too; and I've been watchin anime since maybe 5th grade...
I thought I grew out of it a while ago, but recently I seem to have proved myself wrong.

I think that there's SO many different types of anime, catered to so many different tastes, that it almost grows with you.
People of all ages and walks of life watch anime and read manga in Japan -- from grade school students to cooperate exectutives, even rock stars!

My friends tease me a little for liking cartoons, but you know what? It's some of the only fun I have in my life, between studying and everything else.
At times it can seem childish, but I think that if there's something that can bring a smile on your face, then keep on going with it.

Hahah, I even cosplay, and I can definatly see myself doing THAT in the future too -- it embarasses me!! ^^;

Lore589

Lore589

Lonely Dreamer

I'm 16 and I watch anime and play video games although I not really a good example but in the end what you really have to think about is if you ever want to give it up it really doesn't matter what people think. If they think it's just imature and stupid then they're just missing out on great comedy and other stuff.

The main thin is you shouldn't worry about what people think as long as it you like it and it's not some type of health risk. I have a friend whose mother enjoys playing video game and i find nothing wrong with it.

so try not to worry so much

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

I'm 16 and I love anime. My fav anime site belongs to a 29 year old guy so I don't think that people can simple grow out of it.
It doesn't matter what your age is, it's all about the person.

ChinoMareno

ChinoMareno

This is a girl in the picture

If you have heaps of friends and they get wasted all the time and stigmatise your hobbies, they could end up being shallow souless losers like my highschool friends. You'll see people for real after school, its all cool when your at school. Go with what makes you feel good and if it doesn't don't look at it, just don't end up a 35 yr old virgin and your a winner.

Your avatar is an image which reflects your personality or an aspect of it. Minitokyo recommends against putting a female avatar if you are a male, and likewise for the other gender.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

never!!! ahahahaha.....!!! *hacking cough* as long as it doesnt interfere with a relasonship

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

im 16 and i watch anime, i love it i mean it's not for kids
some stuff r even r rated

Hm... i heard that in Japan, people of all ages watch anime...

as for me, i'll probably never stop watching anime. :D

Signature Image
XOXOXO

Anime is there for ALL age groups. If you really love it..then you basiclly never grow out of it. There are even 50 year olds who still have a huge and enormous passion for anime. Age is not important in this unless you are watching something that you need to be 18+ to watch(hentai).
Though anime is for all age groups..and you should never stop liking something if it seems that you are too old for it or people shun you for liking it. Its for yourself and not others, so enjoy it^.^

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by SharinganKnightIm 16, and Im slowly growing out of it. Well I think its more like..the
older I get the more resposibilities I am given and have less time for
anime, games etc etc. I think If I had the time I'd still watch a full
series everyday.

I can say the same thing, though I wouldn't consider the age. Because I'm beginning to have more responsibilities, I do not have as much time to watch anime as I want; it depends on what responsibilities you're confronted with, such as paying bills, going to work or summer school, or even more housework or travel.

Believe me, I've been there with my parents. My parents think that I'm too old to be watching anime and that I should be focusing more on sports and everyday life. However, I'm not a sports fan, so I don't bother with sports. As time passed, I became less and less attached to television; the only thing I really watch on TV today is the news because it's always active and there is no, or hardly, any redundancy with it. Overall, it depends on the individual.

Tj3rd, if you like anime, then you like anime. Other people just have different opinions about what you should like and what you shouldn't like. And, in other cases, it depends on the content of the shows that are being watched. Judging by what you said about people thinking ignorantly, those people who are around you think that the content is either too childish or not meant for them and they prefer something with more action, as if they don't have a need to watch anime.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

shinobinokuro

shinobinokuro

Boku wa DDR GA SUKI desu

Quote by toxictea23Anime is there for ALL age groups. If you really love it..then you basiclly never grow out of it. There are even 50 year olds who still have a huge and enormous passion for anime. Age is not important in this unless you are watching something that you need to be 18+ to watch(hentai).
Though anime is for all age groups..and you should never stop liking something if it seems that you are too old for it or people shun you for liking it. Its for yourself and not others, so enjoy it^.^

Agreed withU___U

left out....................alot heheh ^_^

kaidou

kaidou

.mousou.dairinin.

I'm nearly 25 and still luv my anime...I do have more responsibilities now than I did when I was a teenager, but I am also living by myself, making my own money, and so I don't have to ask anybody what I can buy or what I can watch ^_^ So I get more and more into it. My boyfriend is 28 and likes anime too...my previous boyfriend was my age and a rabid anime freak...and most of my friends end up liking it too. I have seen people "grow out of it," but that's usually because they mistake becoming an adult with not having any more fun. ^_^ Suddenly they're all playing golf and chatting about the latest episode of Big Brother over the water cooler. That's not for me! I watch anime AND still pay my bills and taxes! so :P to people who think I'm childish (well, I guess I am...neener neener!)

My website of nothing: Sappari
http://www.kame-house.net/sappari

i don't think people really grow out of it if thay like it that much, i mean i talk to people that are like 45 to 50 years old and there still watching anime. its in the blood..^_^

Signature

Rusty15

Ultimate FMA and FF7 fan.

Anime is availible to everyone. so are video games. There is Hentai and ecchi videos that adults can watch, Adult Swim is an example, it's called adult swim cause it has adult content like swearing, and stuff. Also there is 18+ games for Adults to play. And youre not a "nerd" simply becuase you like anime and video games, thats just stereotypicle.

Im a 15 year old Guy Called Rusty. I Like to play Video games, work out, Read Manga's and Watch Anime's, and hang out with my Hometown Girlfriend. My fave Animes are Fullmetal Alchemist, Megas XLR, beyblade and Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy. If you Share any of the hobbies (cept my Girlfriend XD) Feel free to add me to your buddy list, or send me an Email, or whatever.

~ Rusty.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

oo woww, i been waiitng to start this thread,
well i am currently 19, in two month, i will be 20. and i still watches anime, especially a fan of all the shonen series. Anime is age indifferent, maybe it means different to you when you are at different ages. but you shouldnt let other ppl bother you, my roommate teeses me for being an anime fan, but i dun give a damn!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Video Games were born when I was born. They are a part of my culture, and they keep getting better
every year. I will play them till I die, and I don't care what anybody thinks about it. As for anime, most
adults still laugh at a Tom & Jerry cartoon, so whats wrong with enjoying anime? Some anime has far
more sophisticated themes than regular television, so what does that say about the common non- anime
non gamer? I like Hard Techno, Punk, Video Games, and Anime. I always have, and I always will. There's
no age limit on what you like.

"This is a world filled with hatred where people's fingers have no other purpose but to pull triggers!!!
What do you believe, and why do you!?! - Rau Le Creuset

Quote by shinobinokuro

Quote by toxictea23Anime is there for ALL age groups. If you really love
it..then you basiclly never grow out of it. There are even 50 year olds
who still have a huge and enormous passion for anime. Age is not
important in this unless you are watching something that you need to be
18+ to watch(hentai).
Though anime is for all age groups..and you should never stop liking
something if it seems that you are too old for it or people shun you
for liking it. Its for yourself and not others, so enjoy it^.^

Agreed withU___U

Also fully agree. If you really lvoe anime you never grow out of it. I mean check the various age groups you will find at conventions both in the U.S. and Japan and you will find a wide range of people who love anime.

i also think it is rather silly to think you can outgrow anime, that's like saying you can outgrow movies or outgrow drinking soda, if you really love it you will never outgrow anime fandom.

Personally I am finding myself to like anime more and more as I get older.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.