Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who are you? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Until now I really sure of who I am. Do you guys know what I mean. It's really hard to explain though. All I know is that I want to be known for me. People in school expect things from me like in being a musician, like my mother or good in math like my dad. I want to be me not shadows of my parents. Have you ever felt this way?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

I felt that way before, but I ignore them and make my own path... I don't want to live in a shadow of other people.... I know who I'am and I know what I want to be...

Heaven

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

Lucky you.. I still confused in the Maze of Life.... where all the way is blind by shadow...

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by KryuzeiLucky you.. I still confused in the Maze of Life.... where all the way is blind by shadow...

Same here and will always be. I don't know myself until now because I can't find myself on the road to my destiny.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

tripleG

tripleG

To simply be

I think everyone feels like that at least once in their life time. My mom (when she is angry) keep telling me about her life; about how she had to walk to go to school becuase she didn't have a car; about how she had to wirk to buy her clothes, etc. And I for my part keep telling her the same thing... we are two different entities and as such we cannot act the same. It is not only that we are two different peoples... but also the fact that we grew up differently.

However it is always easy to feel the stress of the expectations of people around you... you just have to learn to deal with them... either by ignoring them or trying to change them.

Hope this wasn't confuising.... lol

Signature

never live on other people expectations. Follow up on what you feel you love and desire.
Be more authentic with people and they will have a more positive way of accepting you and accepting OF you.

me, i am just a joyful serveant of humanity. i don't give a care in the world of what other people think of me as. So i have a lot of freedom and power.

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

Heh... just remember that life is like a game like it says in my signiture:

Life is a game. The moves you make effect the result of your future. Always figure out the risk your taking.... because there's no turning back, no reset button, or get out of jail free card..... make your move with your best judgement and hope the decks not stacked against you....

if you remember that then you will be ok!

Signature Image

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by tripleGI think everyone feels like that at least once in their life time. My mom (when she is angry) keep telling me about her life; about how she had to walk to go to school becuase she didn't have a car; about how she had to wirk to buy her clothes, etc. And I for my part keep telling her the same thing... we are two different entities and as such we cannot act the same. It is not only that we are two different peoples... but also the fact that we grew up differently.
However it is always easy to feel the stress of the expectations of people around you... you just have to learn to deal with them... either by ignoring them or trying to change them.
Hope this wasn't confuising.... lol

Lol, haha, my mom is like that too... such a typical Asian thing. Well actually it's not my mom who's like that, it's my dad because he grew up in a poor family...

My parents learned to have high expectations I think mostly because I became an overachiever. I think my younger sister is feeling your pain right now... not because my parents are pressuring to become something but because they want her to excel in school. however I try to be there for her and relate what's happening in my life to hers and hopefully that makes her feel better, so if it ever gets too bad you can dump on some of your friends or family members.

If it ever gets really bad, you should sit down with your parents and just have an honest talk about how you feel. Oftentimes they think everything is going ok and really have no idea what you think unless you lay it out on the table for them, I think.

Rusty15

Ultimate FMA and FF7 fan.

Quote: I can't find myself on the road to my destiny.

Your Destiny, is what you make it, live your life to the max, Is what My mum told me. I dont really bother about loads anyway

Im a 15 year old Guy Called Rusty. I Like to play Video games, work out, Read Manga's and Watch Anime's, and hang out with my Hometown Girlfriend. My fave Animes are Fullmetal Alchemist, Megas XLR, beyblade and Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy. If you Share any of the hobbies (cept my Girlfriend XD) Feel free to add me to your buddy list, or send me an Email, or whatever.

~ Rusty.

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianHeh... just remember that life is like a game like it says in my signiture:
Life is a game. The moves you make effect the result of your future. Always figure out the risk your taking.... because there's no turning back, no reset button, or get out of jail free card..... make your move with your best judgement and hope the decks not stacked against you....

Just don't forget, Law of the life can't be changed by a certain things.......
but there are some thing that you can change in your life..
hmph, even knowing this I still can't find myself..
there are somethings that I must learn my self..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

ha! I don't know where on earth my life is going... And I'm not sure I know myself either.

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianHeh... just remember that life is like a game like it says in my
signiture: Life is a game. The moves you make effect the result of your
future. Always figure out the risk your taking.... because there's no
turning back, no reset button, or get out of jail free card..... make
your move with your best judgement and hope the decks not stacked
against you....

I get your point but... it sounds somehow... dramatic. I think its ok to take some risks and chances in life... Even if there is no reset button.
I used to think so much about everything. In the end I was using all my enegry in thinking and getting worried, instead of actually living.

i always feel that way, and whenever i try to find out who i am...i get really confused and don't care about anything anymore. it's always been like that, nd i hateit when ppl "expect" a certain amount of something out of you
i hope u find urself az-chan!

I am who you want me to be, you see me as you want and I can't change that, I have my own prespective of me as well..and yours could be totally different. But you'll always be somebody to someone.

Signature Image

faceofspades

faceofspades

Risk Your Life

Quote by az-chanUntil now I really sure of who I am. Do you guys know what I mean. It's
really hard to explain though. All I know is that I want to be known
for me. People in school expect things from me like in being a
musician, like my mother or good in math like my dad. I want to be me
not shadows of my parents. Have you ever felt this way?

Feels that way all the time.
It's hard to figure out even for urself who u r sometimes. With so many roles u're juggling and ppl expecting things from u. I am who i am, no one can change that. What matters is not whether u know who u r, but what u want to be.

When my day comes, I want to be buried face down so whoever doesn't like me, can kiss my @$$

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

But of course, I know who I am now and what I want to be. I have for awhile now. :d

(i live in the shadow of my elder brothers and the shadow of my dad)

Why do you kill the joy of death?

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I have never wanted to live in the shadow of someone else. My parents have always had these high expecations and hopes for me, and I don't think I am becoming what they want me to become. I'm still not entirely certain of where I want my life to go, but I have a good idea, and I'm working toward getting what I want out of my life. I understand myself and my personality, and I know what I'm good at and not good at, and I just have to figure out where I want to go with that. :) Sorry if that was confusing! XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

I ever felt that, most of our parents have a high expectations to us, they depend to us, especially if you are the only child in your family. But luckily, my parents don't force their will, they just want me to become myself.

Pride comes before the fall

suzuki

Shut up the fuck you must!

I'm an #sshole

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

I'm only an ordinary man. I'm the one that decides to my future. (not all). I have no accomplishments & doesn't won in any contest I've joined. Everyone sees me like a dumb & absurd guy. I'm mysterious, quiet & difficult to understand. But remember this, my name will become part of anime history someday. Don't forget that. Everyone of us are unique, have own paths to choose.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by Keeadonever live on other people expectations. Follow up on what you feel you love and desire.
Be more authentic with people and they will have a more positive way of accepting you and accepting OF you.

Agreed! This is what you need to do to know thyself.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

cagalli88

cagalli88

~Trapped~

Who am i? Seriously i do not have the courage to admit my name is...(confidential) ahaha, but my name means 'the great'. I dont have the determination to speak my name out and be proud for who i am. In fact, i am just a nobody and the publice doesnt give a damn abt a pathetic citizen like me! Ahaha, im still on my journey to find out who i am!

"The Hardest Battla is to keep on Living" Cagalli Yuula Attha

yakushi-meikin

yakushi-meikin

:Professional Nerd:

well, living in a large family puts pressure on me, especially the fact that i have eight siblings who have completely diverse talents and personalities, as well as the fact that i am the 7th (it's confusing how the family treats you, they think you're either too responsible or too lax.). it's normal to feel insecure, even inferior (especially when you're PMSing -- the hormonal surges can cause a berserk rush of emotions!).

but in the end it's all up to you, how you look at yourself, how you make yourself feel. you just have to find yourself, live with yourself and laugh at the people who're trying to get you.

Cheer up! ;)

"i think I'll follow the voice that calls within/ Dance to the silent song it sings/ I hope to find my place/ So my life can fall in place/ I know in time I'll find my place/ In the greater scheme of things" - The Pilgrim's Theme

You're never fully dressed without a smile! ;)

Signature Image

Only in the mysterious equations of love can any real logic be found."
- A Beautiful Mind

Acknowledgements to alexiel01 for my userpage skin and signature image!

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Quote by az-chanUntil now I really sure of who I am. Do you guys know what I mean. It's
really hard to explain though. All I know is that I want to be known
for me. People in school expect things from me like in being a
musician, like my mother or good in math like my dad. I want to be me
not shadows of my parents. Have you ever felt this way?

I haven't feel it. ^^ I'm lucky they don't know my parents.. Hehe...
But If I'll experience it, I'll feel the same. I don't like people who judges a person by his parents and relatives. They must know the person first before they judge him. :)

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by KryuzeiLucky you.. I still confused in the Maze of Life.... where all the way is blind by shadow...

Same here and will always be. I don't know myself until now because I can't find myself on the road to my destiny.

Welcome to the Plastic Age, my brother. The Tuppwerware times, and the Orocan days....

I've always been the unique one. Silent but deadly. When I let it rip on the microphone I know everybody is gonna know who I am. No one shapes me to who I will be, I only follow my insitincts.... and it's telling me to end this post now.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.