Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Must buy new graphic card: Radeon or Geforce?(pls read before) - Minitokyo

Must buy new graphic card: Radeon or Geforce?(pls read before)

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Uh ... i need to change graphic card soon .. and i don't know what to get ...
I don't want to get a top of the line produvt (waste of money..) but i want to get a decent card...
The max i'm willing to pay is about 200$ (or € it's just indicative...).. so.. pls give me suggestions and motivate them .. (for example.. cause of colors/speed/effects whatever).
I'm really lost, there are too many possibilities .. and i even have a hard time choosing between radeon and geforce..

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

maximumpc.com
I think they give GeForce 5700 ultra the best buget video card.
The x800 for the top video card - Nvidia's counterpart is too power hungry.
And the ATI all in wonder for the do it all video card.

Hope that helps you out buddy.

the ATI9800pro will suite to you..costs only 200€ and faster than a 5700Ultra

I am using a Geforce 4 TI 4600, the best serie if you ask me, they're about €120, ATI isn't really making the best videocards, so I would always chose for a Nvidia

LostInTheWired

LostInTheWired

Ninja Advocate

I've used both and neither of them are that bad. You just have to look at what might conflict with your hardware. That's really it.

Signature Image
What is god to tell you to do? We created him in the first place.

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

it depends mostly of what kind of game you want to play...

opengl games>>>> Nvidia cards. Doom3 for example heheeh
Directx games>>>> Ati cards. Half Life 2 as a great example, also consider Stalker: oblivion lost, another excellent game to coming.

In contrast to other opinions i can say all of you that ATI cards are a great choice if you go to the medium level of the cards. the hardcore gamer cards are superb, better than nvidia in all aspects.

DeusIth

The universe in a dot

Quote by Zerlingoit depends mostly of what kind of game you want to play... opengl
games>>>> Nvidia cards. Doom3 for example heheeh
Directx games>>>> Ati cards. Half Life 2 as a great
example, also consider Stalker: oblivion lost, another excellent game
to coming.
In contrast to other opinions i can say all of you that ATI cards are a
great choice if you go to the medium level of the cards. the hardcore
gamer cards are superb, better than nvidia in all aspects.

i think that ATI cards are great options right now, maiynly cuz DX is eating the game market over OpenGL... i hope that will be over soon -.- anyway, ATI cards are cheaper than NVidia's.
and believeme you dont want to spend two power cords to feed the topnotch Nvidia Geforce6800 ultra (what are those guys thinking??)

zefiroN

zefiroN

>______<

just got to say:: buy geforce ffs! nVidia supports every game that comes out.

many of my friends who just bought new radeon cards is experiencing graphical errors in almost every game they run. and yes they downloaded the newest drivers. and a couple of them even had amd64 3000+ computers. so its not the computers foult.

Signature

I'm satisfied with my Radeon

I cant guarantee u which 1 is good, i m using ATI Radeon 9800 now, i thinking of changing into Geforce in the future(when my Radeon burn out >.<).

reaps

Don't fear the reaper...

i'd have to say go with the 9800 pro also, unless u were really really into games like doom3 and such that will be coming out, i wouldn't get anything top of the line. or, of course if u have a lot of money to blow, like misto's gunna have :). but ya, go for the radeon 9800 pro.

btw here's a link to a great site i get one :)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-268&depa=0

Signature

B3H

Umm, comming soon =p

Radeon 9800 pro, or if u are short on cash go with the Radeon 9600xt

Need some manga to download? Just ask me and I'll find it.

Quote by Deus_Ith
and believeme you dont want to spend two power cords to feed the
topnotch Nvidia Geforce6800 ultra (what are those guys thinking??)

Becuase for most people who would buy that kind of card it doesn't matter at all as you ahve to much power anyway.

Thanks to the X800 the 9800 series should go down in price and it would be a great buy. If I had to decide between the 9600xt or the 5700 Ultra, I'd take the 9600xt, but i think the X600 will replace the 9600xt and it might be a good idea to see what they are like. Also, if you decide to get an ATI card, then you should use the unofficial Omega drivers instead of the official Catalyst drivers.

reaps

Don't fear the reaper...

aha ya, i agree with goggles, i've gone through so many tech/game forums where people can't figure out what the problem is, u just go in and be like, ok listen to me, do this step by step

1. download the omega drivers
2. uninstall catalyst drivers
3. install omega drivers
4. problem solved don't continue this topic

lol, but ya, just for the record, don't even consider any SE cards, because the prices look nice, and when u see radeon 9600 SE it sounds good, but SE really means that it's barebones, they basically stripped it of everything but the GPU core, so theres a headup :)

Signature

KurriKlown

KurriKlown

-wants Mr. Tadakichi-

Quote by B3HRadeon 9800 pro, or if u are short on cash go with the Radeon 9600xt

Aye, another vote for the 9800pro. The upcoming x600 (pro/xt) would seem like nice cards because they are newer and have higher core and memory speeds (xt) than the 9800pro, but they only have half the memory bandwidth interface and limited pixel shader pipelines. Making them definitely slower.

If you want to go nVidia, I'd recommend a GeforceFX 5900xt. It's slightly more expensive than the 5700 ultra, but a whole lot faster.

If you are a game freak (high resolution, lotsa aa&af) you might want to check the 256Mb version of those cards, otherwise just go for the 128Mb version.. it's cheaper and the extra megabytes only have a limited improvement on performance in regular detail settings.

Signature

yup, yup, go with radeon buddy, or u can always wait for the XGI fo come out, they seem to have a great video card, but im not sure its out yet.

http://www.xgitech.com/

i used to use geforce but from wat ive seen, ati cards are really really good...

id go with one of the radeon xt's

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

hmm well i don't want to wait that long.. after all i don't want to spend that much

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

I'm just gonna say I used to work in a PC Repair Shop and the only computers with video malfunctions had ATI cards in them. Not once a Nvidia card. Usually we would swap out the ATI with a NVidia and everything would be fine...
As for me I only get Nvidia and the only problem I've ever come across is on the computer my little brother uses. And I'm not even going to get into how computer illiterate my little brother is. I'll just say hes made my jaw drop on more than one occasion.

Knives

Knives

Sleepy

Radeon man Radeon All the way :)

My Motherboard is only guaranteed to work with Nvidia cards. I'll get an FX5200 for it eventually.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.