Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Make Poverty History - Minitokyo

Make Poverty History

page 1 of 1 11 total items

You guys know of Live8 - a concert held to end world poverty. Support this cause by heading over to live8 and Make Poverty History.

Australians - the Live8 concert is being shown on Channel 9 this Sunday... watch it!

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

This is a horrible idea.

I am invincible!

i thought live 8's not raising any money....they just wanted to "create awareness"...Live Aid donated money, tho

Quote by BorisGrishenkoThis is a horrible idea.

explain?! ....im too lazy to go look @ that link ^_^'

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

The point of Live 8 is to petition the G8 leaders to funnel a bunch of your tax money into Africa, which is a terrible idea. Subsidizing poverty just encourages poverty, rather than helping or driving people out of it. The only way to get people out of poverty in any form of long-term way is for them to earn it themselves.

I am invincible!

ahhh, thank you boris-duude, i understand now....but im not at all opposed to giving money to those who are sick and in poverty...i think Live 8 should be focusing on the AIDS epidemic out there

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

the goverment created AIDS to kill homos. you know that right?

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

Quote by BorisGrishenkoThe point of Live 8 is to petition the G8 leaders to funnel a bunch of your tax money into Africa, which is a terrible idea. Subsidizing poverty just encourages poverty, rather than helping or driving people out of it. The only way to get people out of poverty in any form of long-term way is for them to earn it themselves.

That's true. Taxing others to get other people out of proverty brings only more proverty. I think there government should find a way to control this proverty thing themselves.

Quote by maverickmechanicthe goverment created AIDS to kill homos. you know that right?

:o I never knew that....

Quote by entocheets
Australians - the Live8 concert is being shown on Channel 9 this
Sunday... watch it!

I watched it while talking on the phone yesterday. Not bad.

I think it's a fabulous idea really. However it's unlikely any country is going to give into the demands. Free trade? There goes a lot of money.

- This Free Life Crisis -

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by ThaIsland212ahhh, thank you boris-duude, i understand now....but im not at all
opposed to giving money to those who are sick and in poverty...i think
Live 8 should be focusing on the AIDS epidemic out there

Why aren't you opposed to it? It has already been demonstrated that throwing money at such problems does not help. Especially when much of the money we are losing is money that has already been thrown at the problem. Allow me to illustrate:

A group of 18 African governments have large loans already amounting to around $40 billion of your money. A major part of this ill-advised scheme is forgiving every cent of that debt. If $40 billion of your tax dollars (more, when you think about it....these are not 2005 dollars, but less-inflated when they were loaned initially) has failed miserably, imagine how much this would mean we would pour into this failing concept?

If you want to fight AIDS and poverty, go find yourself a voluntary charity. Go fund or perform research. Stop pretending that money is the answer...and stop throwing away my money pretending that it is.

I am invincible!

CPOK

CPOK

Gunbunny

Poverty is like war, it will never go away. There will always be dictators out there forcing there country into poverty, and war.

Member of {Ecchi-club} {Perverts-Club} {ComicPartyFans} {Ecchi} {Full-Metal-Panic-Fanatic} {MiniTokyo-Australia}{MT-singles-club }
| Group Moderator of {Military-group}
A bullet may or may not have your name on it, but Naval shells mearly have "To whom it may concern"

omg Live 8 was sooo good!! i was listening to it live on triple M till 3am!!
i hope everyone "signed" the petition. (www.live8live.com).

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.