Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How much is anime popular in your country? - Minitokyo

How much is anime popular in your country?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

You know i've been thinking,in my country anime is not really popular ,actually i'm lucky if i can find any anime in videostores,or manga in bookshops.Here's an example:''Spirited Away'' came into the cinemas in my country 4 months ago,and came to the videostores only 3 weeks ago.Can you believe this? :hmpf: -_- >_<
Uuh,sometimes i really get angry about this.
Yes,of course there are stores where you can find Yu-Gi-Oh card colectors,or some other things but tihs things don't interest me.
So,what about your country,does anime have larger popularity there?
Update:
I'm sorry that i didn't said where i live,and i'm fixing it right now.I'm from Croatia.

Signature
My latest work:Best Friends

you animate them in my country more well-known are:pokemón...., digimon, yu-gi-oh, to hunterxhunter, inuyasha, sailor moon, dragoon ball, slam dunk, slayers, mentaitei conan, they give to detectives school, and more. if I decide to me other I write again to you

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

hmm.....i think my country has quite a popularity in anime,i mean most of the ppl here watch it.Almost alot of ppl talking about it in my school what they watch and so on,so i assume maybe yeah its popular here

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

Anime is extremly popular in Canada. We have many conventions in Toronto, almost 1 convention every two months. And its very fun to meet others who enjoy anime as well. I usually spend time with anime fans i dont know, but mostly ones my age...cant trust the 50 year old ones XD

It has some form of popularity. People watch it and stuff, and it is talked about. Not as much as i would think.

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

Quote by toxictea23Anime is extremly popular in Canada. We have many conventions in Toronto, almost 1 convention every two months. And its very fun to meet others who enjoy anime as well. I usually spend time with anime fans i dont know, but mostly ones my age...cant trust the 50 year old ones XD

You're so lucky,i wish my country had conventions.

Quote by CoolTerrorIt has some form of popularity. People watch it and stuff, and it is talked about. Not as much as i would think.

Well,they're putting some anime like Yu-Gi-Oh,Beyblade (before they played even Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball but with such bad synchronization,but to see a real good anime like DNAngel,that will not happen anytime soon.

Signature

toru07

toru07

Guardian of the Deep Abyss

I think Anime is very popular in the Philippines... There are anime specialty stores almost everywhere, its much easier to find anime stuffs there, unlike here in the US(arizona) theres only a couple of anime stores and its not even really an anime store. XD Its an anime/american comics store but I think its getting more and more popular in the US.

Signature

in france the most popular are; pokemon, dragon ball and yugi, all serie Tv

Unificateur de la sainte creation
Signature
^^ french-tribu ^^

Caiobrz

Caiobrz

Wispy

People might as well tell where they are from when replying ^^'

I'm from Brazil ...

Anime is not much popular besides the usual canned titles like Pokemon, Inuyasha and Saint Seiya. Besides from that, some other titles do air but are not often popular, and cable TV also got some other titles but never hit too much.

It's a shame, not only we get only these annoyng canned titles, but autorities in Brazil think anime IS FOR infants (8~12 years old), and air them on incovenient time schedules like ... Saint Seiya and DBZ early on the morning on children shows ... so, anime is considered to be very violent in Brazil, since they aim to the wrong audiences (most titles air past midnight in Japan, but here they air for small children ... just stupid)

So all I can do is download fansubs or buy anime titles with some more content (think, 26 episodes one or less), since they will probably never make it to Brazil ... I'm pessimistic about that, I don't think anime will get the attention it deserves (or actually the right type of attention) in some decades here.

All you can find to buy in stores will also be related to your usual pokemon stuff -_-

Signature
Extensive quality reviews and some wall/scans, visit!
http://www.daisuki.com.br

Idril

Idril

-:In love with Darkness:-

Quote by CaiobrzPeople might as well tell where they are from when replying ^^'
I'm from Brazil ...
Anime is not much popular besides the usual canned titles like Pokemon, Inuyasha and Saint Seiya. Besides from that, some other titles do air but are not often popular, and cable TV also got some other titles but never hit too much.
It's a shame, not only we get only these annoyng canned titles, but autorities in Brazil think anime IS FOR infants (8~12 years old), and air them on incovenient time schedules like ... Saint Seiya and DBZ early on the morning on children shows ... so, anime is considered to be very violent in Brazil, since they aim to the wrong audiences (most titles air past midnight in Japan, but here they air for small children ... just stupid)
So all I can do is download fansubs or buy anime titles with some more content (think, 26 episodes one or less), since they will probably never make it to Brazil ... I'm pessimistic about that, I don't think anime will get the attention it deserves (or actually the right type of attention) in some decades here.
All you can find to buy in stores will also be related to your usual pokemon stuff -_-

yeah... Im brazilian too and I agre with Caio... and I, honestly dont like soo mich DBZ and Saint Seya... I think that Anime world is more bigger than it and exists soooo many great animes .... but... in Brazil, if you want see a good anime, you just only have it from fansubs... I think it soo sad....

sacredsky

sacredsky

Haunted by Ghosts

I live in california (US)...its so popular here. Lots of conventions like the Anime Expo and stuff. The mall I go to has at least 5 stores that sell manga and anime, and one store completely dedicated to it. But I prefer to go to Little Tokyo (which is like a China town only Japanese) and by my manga in Japanese (its much, much cheaper). American people are getting totally ripped off. Like, ten bucks for a manga you'll read in an hour? As if.

Signature

Urd-89

Urd-89

FMA fan

I'm from Netherlands and anime isn't popular here. That's because no one knows what anime is.
I know one bookstore that sells "how to draw manga" books but that's not manga. >=(
There's also one store that sells 3 or 4 anime dvd's. :(

"There are always things like that. Things more important than yourself, than your dreams."
Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

Quote by CaiobrzPeople might as well tell where they are from when replying ^^'
I'm from Brazil ...

Yeah i agree with you there.The most popular anime serie here is Pokemon,kids here just love this serie,but i want anime for older people not just this kiddy stuff.
I wish for once that they would put on TV some series like Air ,DNAngel,or even some anime movies like ''Laputa-castle in the sky'',or some action movies,you know for older people.

Signature

Quote by sacredskyI live in california (US)...its so popular here. Lots of conventions
like the Anime Expo and stuff. The mall I go to has at least 5 stores
that sell manga and anime, and one store completely dedicated to it.
But I prefer to go to Little Tokyo (which is like a China town only
Japanese) and by my manga in Japanese (its much, much cheaper).
American people are getting totally ripped off. Like, ten bucks for a
manga you'll read in an hour? As if.

I live in California too, it's the same TV shows like Inu Yasha and Full Metal Alchemist are everywhere in places like hot topic, anime is growing. The only problem is people don't realize that there is a lot better and more anime out there than the main streem stuff you see on TV and in the stores.

ultima100

ultima100

Holy Angel Ultima

not quite popular. There are TV shows, but most of them are anime for kids T_T .

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

anime is quite popular in my country. lots of people watch it...and alot of people read manga as well. there are many comic stores :) btw i'm from malaysia

Anime is pretty popular in Singapore. However, a large majority of the population-and hence anime fans-are Chinese, so while it's easy to get Chinese-translated manga or anime, English translated stuff is lesser available and can be more expensive, which bugs me a little since I don't understand Chinese...nothing against the Chinese though^^.

i'm from maryland...its not very popular among general audiences...but the manga is very popular among girls and anime art here...but usually the people that like it including myself are nerds...but hey who cares?...we have intelegant shows..ot like reality shows or some other nonsense

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

In my country, its sensational!

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Anime is a way of life in the Philippines.

There are three types of people in our country:

Watches anime a lot - those who have cable (animax), buys plenty of titles and have already gained their Ph.D's on Animeology.
Watches anime (average) - Just watches what's on TV or what's hot.
Watches some - Perhaps too busy or probably blind so they can't watch anime.

Signature

laurent

laurent

..:: Kuro ::..

I'm from Belgium, and anime isn't that popular. Sure, anime series like Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh and DBZ are very popular with the little ones, but more 'evolved' series like eg. Gundam Seed/Destiny ( by the way, I'm a very very big G. Seed fan :D ) are practically unknown. Until now, we've only had Gundam Wing on TV. So most anime shows on our screens are for kids ~_~

Signature Image

pervertfox

pervertfox

bot KILLER!! -->ragnarok<--

same to some anime is quite popular in my country too.. we talk at school too i mean A lot...

Signature

MY SUBMISSIONS:
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/134417/ - makin more! bout a naruto pic made in MSPAINT duh!!! -_-
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/153325/ - GOTEN WALLIE by me of course!! not MSpaint anymore.. it wont be a burden to look.. and comment on a little! ^_^ thanks

IM A MOD AT:
http://groups.minitokyo.net/make-a-friend/

IM A MEMBER OF:
http://groups.minitokyo.net/photobucket-users/
http://groups.minitokyo.net/Filipino-Community/
http://groups.minitokyo.net/theunderappreciated/

NightDreamer

NightDreamer

Perfection is Me

i think that anime in my country is in the middle. I mean, is not as popular in the US but there are some people who like it. Most of my friends didn't know it exist and a few of them are already buying mangas and stuff. But for me, Anime has a long way to reach in people. That is just my opinion n_n.

Signature Image

Well, I'm not quite sure. In melbourne, we do have an annual festival called Manifest [for Melbourne Anime Festival] but does anyone ever go? XD I don't.

- This Free Life Crisis -

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.