Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Idol - Info - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Idol - Info

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Minitokyo Idol: A singing contest on Minitokyo! Do you think you can be Minitokyo's next top idol?

Rules:

1. It has to be at least a minute long.
2. You may pick any song you want to sing, whether it be Korean, Japanese, English, Spanish, etc.
3. After you recorded it, go and send it to mt.idol@gmail.com with your MT name, and the title of the song and the original artist.
4. You may have the original song in the background, but we must be able to hear your voice.
5. No profanities, please.
6. If you want, you can write your own song.
7. Deadline is August 26th, 2005

The singers will be anonymous, so that there wouldn't be a problem with a popularity contest or anything like that. Selected judges will help pick out the winners, along with you guys!

There will be many different categories, such as...

1. MT Idol - mod song (or elite if they want to) + wsftp filled with songs for you to download
2. MT Idol runner-up - elite song + userpage
3. Cutest - avies + banners set + Graphic Banner for your Userpage
4. Funniest - avies + banners set + Graphic Banner for your Userpage

There will be other various prizes given to the winners, and they will all be hosted by the staff of Antique Faery Tales and Minitokyo.

Anyways, good luck! ^-^ And don't forget to send the recorded song to mt.idol@gmail.com~

Eunasahng and shyxsakura

PS: For people who do not have programs on their computer to record music, you can download Freecorder demo which works perfectly well. Click here for Freecorder demo.

PPS: This has been updated since the original idea thread. We want more participants and it does not matter if you are a bad singer or not. So GET INTO IT!

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

me hearts this idea too much <3

but to make it so that we know that it's their voice, they have to say a witto message at the end of the song! good goood?

><;; imma great singer <3 x3

echidnaboy726

echidnaboy726

Good eye, sniper

Ha ha~! This is a wonderful idea, in my opinion. I, of course, would not be participating due to the fact that I'm tone-deaf, but still... I see no problems logically with it. The idea of including a pre-determined message is an excellent idea. I've got one minor addition, though. Try to make it include really odd words, or words from several different languages so that people can't just stitch something together. Good luck!

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Lol, this is a great idea-- but yeah, the only minor problem is getting to know if they really sang it themself, otherwise this would be a whole lotta fun lol ! Man... that's great... MT should run more of these competitions eh? Kekeke... now I think of all those reality TV shows... hmmm XP

Oh no >.< Now I think of Miss Universe/ mt... ahahaha...

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

o.O seems like a good way to liven up MT ^_^
good thing that i can't take part in it...i'd probably scare people away with me voice ^_^'
either way i don't have a mic so i can't join in anyway, it keeps all MTer's ears safe :nya: hahaha

this does sound like a pretty sweet idea. ^_^ im in, ill borrow my friends mic ^_^ ill have to find a karaoke cd or something too. I like this idea alot your a genius eunasahng ^_^ lloollll. expanison: can we submit a music video?, lol, i like video editing and i think i can make some funny music videos to go with me singing... then again it would be unfair or no? since not everyone would have a music video. Really great idea who would judge it though??

lol, my microphone isn't working.......! But i could send out gmail invites. I've got 100 approximately ^_^

hmmmm. sounds like a pretty amazing idea...

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Lol, that would be pretty cool. XD Except I dont know how to use the record thing, and I'm not a very good singer XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

how bout everyone on every OS uses audactiy?? its open source and records more than a minute of time so you could sing the whole song?? it also exports to mp3 wich will save transfer times since the built in sound recorder only saves wav's. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

rythem

rythem

icon by trowicia@eljay

LOL nice idea...though no way I would be participating... >.> *terrible singing ability* but I'd love to hear the members sing..(with no particular reason..lol) it would be fun I guess ;)

Signature

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

While it's a nice idea, at this time, adding a whole new member level would be unneeded and really unpratical for ONE single person. Along with having to set the restrictions for it would be annoying.

Also, instead of having it just be sung; the song should be written, sung, and produced by the member. You don't want someone to just easily sing some Hamasaki Ayumi song, or etc. This would give a bit of depth and difficulty to the contest. And it should have something to do with MT, since it is the "MT Idol".

Just my two cents.

P.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I think its a fantastic idea as well, though only thing I would have is that its the actual voice of the member, not some schemed way of someone using someone elses voice or something along those lines, but I highly doubt something like that would be done.

i personally like Jin's input to it as well, though some of us are lucky enough to possess such vocal talent, much less lyrics and what not would be rather interesting. Though, I can understand from the point. Though I personally would find it rather..well..difficult to be extremely creative with creating a song based upon MT in general, of course I'm also assuming that it wouldn't really be limited in general and assuming it could also relate to events happening on MT or what not. Though I honestly would love to see something like this and I really, truly do think it is a great idea. =D

Signature Image

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

We should also make it anonymous, huh? So it won't be a popularity contest . There should also be three main judges ... along with the MT community <3

Quote by JinzhouWhile it's a nice idea, at this time, adding a whole new member level would be unneeded and really unpratical for ONE single person. Along with having to set the restrictions for it would be annoying.
Also, instead of having it just be sung; the song should be written, sung, and produced by the member. You don't want someone to just easily sing some Hamasaki Ayumi song, or etc. This would give a bit of depth and difficulty to the contest. And it should have something to do with MT, since it is the "MT Idol".
Just my two cents.P.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

Write the songs? o____o

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Judges are a good thing, but don't pick me because I judge too unfairly since I usually think that everything I hear is pretty good. However, the thing I like about this idea most is the fact that I will hear so many different voices and maybe even instrumentals that are used to sing on from over the world. Yeah, writing out the songs will be cool because we can definitely get an idea of what the person's feelings are. Perhaps there could be a little more to Minitokyo Idol? I have to think about that one. XP

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

XD lol thats a great and funny idea...but im not gonan sing ^^..still it whould be funny to see ohw all this ends

It is time for you to drown

Quote by JinzhouWhile it's a nice idea, at this time, adding a whole new member level
would be unneeded and really unpratical for ONE single person. Along
with having to set the restrictions for it would be annoying.
Also, instead of having it just be sung; the song should be written,
sung, and produced by the member. You don't want someone to just easily
sing some Hamasaki Ayumi song, or etc. This would give a bit of depth
and difficulty to the contest. And it should have something to do with
MT, since it is the "MT Idol".
Just my two cents.
P.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

weee write the songs......that's a good idea ^___^~! more effort =d~!!!!! hehe.......hmz.....ow well I'll just watch and listen XP I never make a chance >.>.......so many pro's on mt.......

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

*eats the idea* yummm~~ it's delicious XD i think composing their own songs would be quite a challenge especially if the song needs something to do with mt. it would be nice if the mods approve of this competition ^_^ i'm looking forward to this <3

Signature

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Quote: P.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

LOL XD

hehehe this sounds like a fun idea >_< if this happens, we should have different categories to judge, such as:

Cutest sounding MT member
Funniest Song
Best Song Male
Best Song Female
Best Written Lyrics [we should submit lyrics too >_<]

etc... and, each song, like Jin suggested should be made solely by the MT member, and should be about MT :)

That way, we know its them singing about it and such- :)

lol i wish i had a mic >_< i totally would do this for the fun of it >_< [snickers]

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by JinzhouP.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

RAWRRRRRRRRRR >__>

lol ...im not sure about that first prize of changing member title to mt idol...sheqel wont do it

the whole idea is good and all but i wonder how many will actually participate :p

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Signature

great!

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

you might wanna make a tut for this if this is approved by mods..oh i'd love to hear the mods sing..hehe come on mods, lets do some karaoke..hehe if i might add, why not let the winner pick the song that their chosen one will be singing..lol

what about pairing people up ... one to sing and one to write and all the other stuff.

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

Quote by Osiris

Quote by JinzhouP.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

RAWRRRRRRRRRR &gt;__&gt;
lol ...im not sure about that first prize of changing member title to mt idol...sheqel wont do it
the whole idea is good and all but i wonder how many will actually participate :p
(\_/)(O.o)(&gt; &lt;)

T____T

osi: purrrrr ..

xD xd

*-* me me mee <33 *poses* me ish the next idol <3 x3

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.