Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Idol - Info - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Idol - Info

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

Cute idea. Seems euna has thought of practically everything. =3

But just a thought. Are we adding backing/video? If so, some members do have an advantage if they have programs such as Vegas and Acid Loop. XD

o__O and writing own songs seem a little time consuming. There is also the problem of language.

- This Free Life Crisis -

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

Quote by Jinzhou
Just my two cents.P.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

Priceless.

I guess this would be a good idea, although I know I won't enter for my singing is worth crap..however if we were to have a fanfiction contest..then you would all taste my wrath of vegence! Muhaha...but yea like thats ever going to happen. *Non-artistic person* What about us non-artsy people? What have we got? Yeah, thats what I thought. But to further note, I say go along with it. What a great wait to boost someone's ego. Still I give it two thumbs up just cause I want to hear the singing out of curiosity.

Signature

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

lol euna, it's a wonderful idea ^^ ever since they had american idols and such, why not minitokyo then XD i'm sure many of the MT members will join this contest. also referring to jin's idea, people should write their own lyrics about MT and sing them. just afraid that they're use someone's voice to sing instead of themselves.
sadly i don't quite have the potential of singing ^_^ if not i'd be so honored to participate =P
hope the mods will accept this event ^_^

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Great and funny idea,i agree with the Jin and belly suggestions,something different from a usual karaoke contest.

Quote by studioAre we adding backing/video? If so, some members do
have an advantage if they have programs such as Vegas and Acid Loop. XD
o__O and writing own songs seem a little time consuming. There is also
the problem of language.

You also have to think about this kind of stuff ^^U

K I R A B O S H I !

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by Jinzhou
P.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

I'd like to hear an mpg or wav file of that then. XD

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Ohh..writing the lyrics, and it has to be about MT? That could make it interesting....but quite a bit harder. But at least that way you could know it was sung by the person. I wonder if I could come up with something. ^_^'

i need a record program though...and I hope my mic works. o_O

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Wow now this is quite an interesting Idea! I can finally fulfill William Hung's dream!!

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Quote by JinzhouWhile it's a nice idea, at this time, adding a whole new member level
would be unneeded and really unpratical for ONE single person. Along
with having to set the restrictions for it would be annoying.
Also, instead of having it just be sung; the song should be written,
sung, and produced by the member. You don't want someone to just easily
sing some Hamasaki Ayumi song, or etc. This would give a bit of depth
and difficulty to the contest. And it should have something to do with
MT, since it is the "MT Idol".
Just my two cents.
P.S.- Us Mods: we don't sing; we roar and breath fire.

good point.. my idea was just the beggining of it and i was hoping others would do the work of laborating it (you know i'm lazy! XD)
and lol... mods roar and breath of fire xD maybe you should find a way to show us that instead XD XD XD

Quote by shyxsakuraWe should also make it anonymous, huh? So it won't be a popularity
contest . There should also be three main judges ... along with the MT
community <3

yeah, i thought about that too... coz it just becomes a popularity contest otherwise. We should have contestant no1, 2, 3, 4 or whatever xD

btw, i didn't say that the mods HAD to sing, we would just like to xD i'm sure we'd all be happy to see Jin fo rawww and Osi does his fire breath thing XD and that first prize thing... i dunno, it was just an idea... anyone have other suggestions?

and writing lyrics.. hmmm.. i cuold do that for a couple of grands XD XD XD
i did one for my music composition two years ago and got a good mark for it (my friends say it was catchy XD)

One minute is actually really short so we could extend the minimum time and if you haven't got programs - you can download things off the internet (these days, everything is available online xD) but if you've got Windows, you should have sound recorder under entertainment tools under accessories

Mikoami

Mikoami

Hiatus-Up by FEB 20 '08

lol that seems like a great idea, except for the one 'lucky' moderator that will be picked to sing XD like unless they can sing really good, unfortanley i don't think i have this program on my computer, or atleast i have no idea how to acess it. But i think that would be a great idea!
hehe i can't help but laugh and smile right now at how funny and cool that would be , i would vote!

O_O;;;
kd-chan will pawn us all with his sexi serendaing voice XD
at least the irc channels knows we don't have to worry about
woot or lima winning XP

Maybe i'll enter just so we can make Sheq. sing us all a lullaby XP

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by ChopstickzO_O;;;
kd-chan will pawn us all with his sexi serendaing voice XD
at least the irc channels knows we don't have to worry about
woot or lima winning XP

Maybe i'll enter just so we can make Sheq. sing us all a lullaby XP

rofl w00tazn for the win!
haha

LOL xD Can I be judge? xD hmmm maybe not xD If I say that someone can't sing, people would argue with me xD Just like that everyone doesnt like the American Idol judges because they sometimes can be very hard ><. But anyway, cool idea (not that im going to participate :P)

Signature Image

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

Writing the song is insane... We're not ALL musicians here. Anyway, most artists don't even write their songs themselves. So, then.

i think it's a cute idea in the mean while. I'd like to see it up and running. heh. XD

Signature

Sounds like a creative idea to me XD It sounds like you have everything figured out. What happens if the admins. don't want to sing though? Do you have a back-up plan for that? If you can't think of a back-up, I could help you think if you want XP

Sunnyd29

Sunnyd29

derka derka

This is an awesome idea! I like what shyxsakura said about keeping the contest annonymous. But, I would like to add to that shyxsakura. I think that once we have the contest over and done with, we reaveal to everyone who the MT Idol is. At least that way no one knows who they are up against; whether it be a mod (admin) or another member. The avatars should also be gone because that is also a way of identifying the singers.

Now, I have a few problems:
1. I don't know how the hell to get that recording program up and running on my computer.
2. I don't know if I even have a mic.
3. I don't know how to tell if I have a mic or not (pretty sad huh? ^_^' )

i could sing (I don't think my voice is too bad :\ ) but I was wondering if we could also use an e-mail account from yahoo.com
I'm not to sure how to send g-mail, so I hope wie can create an e-mail account from yahoo.com

I also think that the judging should be one a "first-come-first-serve" system. I think that it will be more competitve (not sure how yet, but somehow I think it will). The judges also don't have to listen to every song. If you make on a "first-come-first-serve" system, people will try to do a better job and faster (they won't procrastinate until one day before the deadline and try to copy another artists song). I think that way people would get more out of the competition. I also think that it may be more fun (again, I still don't know how but I'm sure that it will).

I also think that writing out the lyrics should be optional. I don't know anything about writing music. I would definitely FAIL in that department XO . Some other people may be the same way. So, its not all fair to make people write out the lyrics. Although, if they do, they should get more recognition.

I hope I was able to help somehow. I also hope that people take my ideas into consideration. Again, I also hopw that the "Minitokyo Idol" works out GREAT!!

And to everyone on my friendlist, I am SO sorry that I have not been online too often. I work at Genuardi's in Langhorne (Flowers' Mill if anyone wants to come visit me or cares at all ^_^' ) and I have been working so much and my Internet is sometimes moving really slow. I really DO want to talk to you guys, but I can't because of those reasons. So, please forgive me!!!!!!!!!! XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO

What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungie cord? My ass!! WAHA WAHA WAHA!!! - Kung Pao The Movie

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

first come first serve?

><;; i think sheqiee has some plans for this? tt_tt and wouldnt it be better if mt hosted this contest instead of euna? it'd be easier for everyone, and the contest wouldnt fade away!

i think that the people in charge, like euna and sheqiee should choose who judges... first comes first serves arent very good ... at times .. >.>

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

we need judges!! some one can be simon then randy and then paula!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Lolz,... funny but cool
Is there a place to sign up if it is to be done? (kidding)... I do luv 2 sing
I maybe not that good but.. uhh people say about my skills to sing
Anywayz... good idea
Muahuahuahuahua hahahahaha

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Btw.... Are people from out of Mt enter.... coz i think i know who would be interested from one of my friends
Is that all the prizes?
Anywayz.... i'll be waiting for your reply

neeee...Anime sucks at singing but Anime will vote! meeeeepppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp

haha, I think this would be a great idea plus we can really bring people together. It'll be fun to have different catergories to fill in positions that people will have the most fun in.

Quote by shyxsakuraWe should also make it anonymous, huh? So it won't be a popularity
contest . There should also be three main judges ... along with the MT
community &lt;3

And I like Saki's idea about it being anonymous so that it wouldn't turn out to be a popularity contest but for real talent.

All in all, it'll be a really fun event! Great idea, Euna!

Signature Image

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

I am here and willing to cooperate on this litle venture you and Skai brewed up. Let's hope mroe of the members-along witht he mods an adminstrators-are going to want to particpate in this.Ooo, idea !! Banners and flyers for the this contest should be made avaialble for viewing so peoplewill notice it. How you two are goin to pull this off escapes me rght now, but someone will come up something ^_^.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Sheq has agreed to host this on mt!!! hooray!
saki and i've got to get everything sorted out now ^^

There is a more official thread by saki on this. Go and check it out. It has the basic rules, but they are being modified as we go ^^

MT Idol

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

o_o

yay!

it's baq up!

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.