Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bleach (What you need to fear) - Minitokyo

Bleach (What you need to fear)

Tagged under Bleach

page 1 of 1 14 total items

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Ok. I looked through the threads and I didn't see any discussion on this so ... here goes

Right, so Bleach is insanely popular over here in the U.S. The manga is on the shelves and the anime is religiously watched. What does this mean to me? It means that sooner or later some crappy beyond belief company is going licenses it for TV (it is too much to hope that a decent company might release it). Therefore it will be ***screaming in agony*** dubbed. Maybe if I'm lucky, after it airs on TV awhile they release a decent subtitled version in stores. But in the mean time, I thought I might ask the viewers who they would want as voice actors in a perfect world. Assume you can have any (for the sake of the thread) famous actor, actress, or political figure you want to do the voicing. Don't pick any professional voice actors. And please don't just pick people because their "hot" or popular. You don't see the voice actor you just hear their voice. Think about it who sounds like Ichigo.

I think Ice Cube might make a good Tousen Kaname for example or maybe.
I think Kate Blanchet would be appropriate for Ise Nanao.

So think about and give me a word

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

You can always opt to rent the DVD (when it is released). ;) I'm sure they will include the original japanese dialogue (they do over here in Australia).

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

well i guess bleach looks nicer n japanese voice and im agree with Enchanter about the dvd's thing...anyway i'll answer ur quistion i'd love to hear renji n ((orlando bloom))'s voice ^_^'

I like bleach in japanese 'cause I like hinamori-chan and toushirou-kun's voice........

Subbs pwns Dubbs. Its gonna be crap that its gonna be dubbed. Just like Naruto.
See the good thing about anime's that havent been 'officially' released yet, is that its mainly kept in a 'small' cirlce of people and its doesnt get boring becuase of that. I know it sounds selfish. Like with Naruto, it was generally kept in a tight circle of people. But with the impending release, there gonna be millions of more people who are gonna know about it and its just gonna be come 'another anime' like DBZ.
Thats whats gonna happen to Bleach. Its just gonna become 'another anime'. Then again, what can you do to stop it?
Cheers

Signature

kurodousama

kurodousama

yes, i'm a doctor

well, the only thing i can say is... i hope it doesn't get licensed. over the past few years, of all the anime i've watched, i haven't liked any of the dubbing. voice actors these days don't even try and companies don't even try to cast anybody good. i haven't seen anything with good dubbing since nadesico....

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

For the record, I have no intension of purchasing the edited, badly dubbed version of Bleach in the event that it comes to exist. I like my anime unedited and subtitled. I don't buy anything outside of that category. If they want my money, they have to market to me. Luckily I manage to watch a great deal of anime before it gets released and ruined.

As to the original topic, I still can't think of a good Ichigo. Maybe Johnny Depp? I dislike dubs so much that I can't really justify anyone....

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

AcesHigh521

AcesHigh521

Dance Ren, Dance!

Yea really, just dont buy the dubbed version or watch it. If ur talking about the anime in school or sumthing and sum1 walks up and goes, Like omg!! Have u seen the 1337zors anime bleach on cartoon network!?!?! Chris, the dude with the orange hair, pwns all demons with his demon sword!! Like omg!............If that happens, just slap the person in the face and tell them where to get the japanese version.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

AcesHigh521 that is almost exactly word for word what someone said to me about DBZ back in the day. (not that I've ever been a fan) . I always feel the immediate urge to strangle people who say such things, but then I'm like, "well they are ignorant. At least they are watching it even if they think it is a cartoon." I can never decide if I should chastise them or just ignore them. People are so pathetic about anime sometimes. How can you prefer to watch the editted version of a show? I honestly think that people who prefer dubs are one lazy or two stupid. I think Bleach would be a particular travesty because of the spiritual nature of show. I can't imagine what kind of crappy dubs might come out of the concept of Hollows...

Quote by chaossnakeI know it would be to much to ask, but i wish the actor who do the
japan version would do the engish as well so it would not be a big
change for us bleach fans. my favorite voices are orihime, yourichi,
and byakuya..........(ESPEACLLY.........BYAKUYA!)

You DO know that most japanese seiyuu have terrible (laughable) english, don't you? ;)

it doesnt really matter who oes it in english no1 has any enthusiasm in there voice acting

I say if get it on dvd... It gonna be worth it ne ways.
And just try to live with teh subs like i do though they are pretty bad

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.