Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Blood in Anime - Minitokyo

Blood in Anime

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

happianime

happianime

May all your dreams come true!

Should blood in anime be edtied out by the dubbing people? What do you think about blood? Is it cool? Is it digusting? What are your first thoughts about it?

Always approach with a smile!

Cataclysm

Cataclysm

Shadows of nothing

I have no problem with blood in anime, I do have a problem when they edit it out or even worse make it a different colour. I've never understood the mentality behind changing the colour of blood, to me all it says is that either the colour red is offensive :\ or that hurting and killing people is wrong unless they're monsters/freaks with strange coloured blood. If you ask me, the anime should be left just as it was created, don't change it to suit an audience, that's not how it was made and it can ruin a series/movie or make them not make any sense because important storyline parts have been changed/removed. Blood in anime isn't a problem until an overprotective parent finds their kid watching one and has a heart attack about what it will do to their poor fragile mind. Seriously though I think the world is getting too soft, blood is in real life, violence is in real life, hiding ppl away from reality doesn't help them, if anything it makes life harder because they're unprepared for it when it does happen in real life. A kid isn't going to become a murderer because they watched a violent movie or anime, if they become a psychotic killer there was something wrong in their head to begin with...

Anyway I'm starting to trail off subject now so I'll stop... I just hate the censorship, just rate it for the appropriate age group and release it, it's not that hard.

... I'm done ranting, now, sorry :sweat:

it is necesarry to c in an anime, as it can portray how excrutiating a blow is when a character receives damage. it is cool, sometimes, yet when we see a lot of it in an anime, it tends to gross me out a little. but i say keep it, it makes the animes look good. Imagine an Anime like Hellsing without blood. lol.

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Quote by happianimeWhat are you first thoughts about it?

My first thought?? hmm.... the first thing I think when I see blood in anime is "ooo BLOOD!! *turns into a vampire*"
=*v-v*=
Blood doesnt bother me at all... I think it's a natural thing so there's no reason to get disgusted by it. Things dont seem as realistic without it... Its a necesarry part of every action anime... >_>

Signature Image

I personally have no problem with it and never had, and I also think dubbers make too much noise about it. I think the reason for this overreacting is because we always asociate blood with serious wounds, pain or dark rituals, and therefore, we think of it as a sign of really bad things, and because of that we forget it's a really important part of us.

Anyway, it's obvious blood doesn't have a place in all anime, but when it does is usually for a good reason. I mean, elfen lied and hellsing would be really weird and boring with no blood on them.

Member of "[Hispanime]".

I have no concern or complaint to make about in anime. but it's sometimes a bit much for other peopel i know.
Sometimes it gives off a sense of seriousness ( is that even a word? seriousness)

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Blood in anime is really ok with me. But having an anime that shows way too much blood that it's susposed to show. Now that's were I have second thoughts.

Signature Image

mmm... the blood...well in my oppinion the blood and gore in the anime are great!, all depends to the trama.

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Of course not! The blood is what makes it interesting! What do I think of blood? Well......I dunno what I think of it. Is it cool? Yes it is! Especially when fighting! Well, blood can be disgusting, but I like anime with gore! It's cool!

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

For me it all really depends on the series, If the series is suppose to be gun action/horror then yes blood is require as long as it fits with the situation then i'm fine with it. But as for dubs go, they only edit it on TV only because lil kiddo watches it and they dont want to poison lil kids mind with bloods XD

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I think blood should be left in. Some important scenes include people with blood on it. Especially the anime Naruto(or any other fighting anime for that matter). If dubbers cut out the scenes with blood, the watcher may miss out on important information. If the watcher doesn't like blood, then he or she can turn away from the screen at the moment.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I think it is a bit exagerated in some anime. I really don't think it needs to be edited out since most of the anime on tv already has it but not in a gruesome or gory manner. Plus the scenes with blood from what I have seen are usually no more than a couple of seconds long.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

kylewasson

kylewasson

Otaku-man

In some animes blood belongs in the show. But in some it dosen't belong. I think that the way it is done right now is just fine.

Visit my website here.

View Kyle's Latest Wall here (Jumping For Joy!) | Scott's Latest here (Night Magic).

KaWaiiXAnGeL

KaWaiiXAnGeL

*poke* weeeeeeeeee!

blood LOOK SO awesome IN anime ITS SOO frikin cool! i like bloody animes i just think its call thats all!

Thank You.

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

The blood should be left alone. The color of blood is just absolutely beautiful. ^^ I am not an evil vampire, alright? I personally hate it when the companies censor it. So I prefer to watch fansubs than dubs.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

doesnt bother me at all.....hehehehe i kinda bleed everyday so i dun really mind seeing blood, xcept when it gets 2 outta hand, but overall....i dun mind XD

Signature

Schindler

Schindler

Dear God, make everyone die.AMEN

I dont think it's necessary in every anime, it doesn't suit them all, for example, I can't imagine Noir with blood, guess some animes like X-TV or Trinity Blood cant be done without blood, but other like Vampire Hunter D doesnt need it.

Doesn't bother me - if they need to show blood as they feel it adds to the look and the feel of the anime then let it be. Better for us :)

Signature

Same here. If need be, then by all means show the blood. Take for instance, the blood and gore in FMA may strike some people as disgusting or gross, but without the bloody scenes, people wouldnt get the intensity that scene is trying to project.

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

its an art so we must appreciate it, its up to parents to take good care of their children

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

Chobitsluva

Chobitsluva

Freya Freya

i think blood in anime is awesome...onlyu when its needed ...cuz i love blood

UserPage Layout by Belmikry-(Best Userpage Maker Thing Ever)

Signature

Nisna

Nisna

~ Meow ~

If you ask seriously... I hate it when they edit entire scenes just because of blood! It's so mean! :hmpf:
When they showed Inuyasha in the german tv (rtl2) they cut every single scene where inuyasha hits the enemy (and believe me - it wasn't that bloody at all...)... really horrible to see it cut like that - and I'm lucky because I saw the complete version before!!! xD
There are maybe some animes with too much blood... but it's not a reason to cut entire scenes... just don't show it among other things like pokemon or doremi, and it'll be fine!

blood ish cool! Anime hates it wen ppl cut da bloody stuffy out! >.< it wuins evewything >.<

ni-chan

ni-chan

^ Broken Wings ^

let there be blood...XD
I have no prob. with blood in anime.
If there is supposed to be blood then let there be blood!!! I hate it when they edit the anime to make it more "soft", it ruins the whole mood of the scen.

I wish that I could take a journey through your mind

Signature Image

[Hispanime]

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.