Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being around lots of people yet still feeling alone - Minitokyo

Being around lots of people yet still feeling alone

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

searched...found nothing..

Sorry for the kind of depressing thread, I'm not normally a sad person, but I recently had this experience so I thought I would share.

So..have you ever been around a lot of people, like a party or just a crowded place in general, but still felt really alone?

My dad had a birthday party over the weekend, and there were lots of people there, my family and friends of the family, but I was sitting by the bonfire just kinda watching everyone, and I suddenly got really lonely. I'm not sure why, its not like I didn't know anyone, and the party was fun, but I just got really sad. I felt like I wanted to cry. I actually did while I was driving back to my mom's house.

Has anyone else had this experience? If you have, can you describe it? Like where you were at...what made you feel that way, etc?

Sorry again for the depressing thread, I swear I'm not really depressing! :sweat: Thank you for any replies.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

It's not that depressing. But yeah. I feel that. I don't have that much friends which is ok with me. But none of them that I could really connect with. But that all changed when I met her. Now, were close friends.

Signature Image

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

o yes! ive had this experience! you just sit there, and its like you are invisable....people just pass you by and dont even reconize ya....*tear*but i rarely feel left out... if i was there with ya i would have kept ya company! XD sorry you had to feel left out! XD

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by miraku-spikeIt's not that depressing. But yeah. I feel that. I don't have that much
friends which is ok with me. But none of them that I could really
connect with. But that all changed when I met her. Now, were close
friends.

That's great that you found someone to be close with. ^_^ I think that might be part of what made me sad at the party. I'm still kinda hurting from a recent breakup, and seeing so many people together and happy could very well have made me sad. But I am happy for you though. :)

Signature

lol you guys sound so sad :( iv had the feeling of being left out and neglected before too though. Dont be so sad AngelKate i see where your coming from but try to be happy yeah? ^_^ you sound just a little down cuz of your recent break up thats all. dont forget your the person i picked as my fave girl on minitokyo (if that means anything lol)

it's my sense of individuality. I just focus on myself and have my awareness. I can get by like that. it's like that when no-one around is someone you can talk to.

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Well here's one thing that i find the reason why you felt lonly. Normally when your in a partii or a crowded place you usually come with your friends, in doing so you dont get the feelin of lonly mainly because you have someone to talk with. But even if you did bring a friend and still felt lonly the only reason behind that is you probably just dont feel like you fit in. From the situation u were in it just seems like you probably didnt kno ne one at the partii or found someone to talk to so a feeling of lonliness kick in. Hope this helps.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by IcyFyreo yes! ive had this experience! you just sit there, and its like you
are invisable....people just pass you by and dont even reconize
ya....*tear*but i rarely feel left out... if i was there with ya i
would have kept ya company! XD sorry you had to feel left out! XD

Feeling invisible...good way to put it. I've felt invisible a lot too. But that doesn't happen so much anymore, thankfully. :) The party was the first time I've felt like that in a while.

Quote by ameerayoublol you guys sound so sad :( iv had the feeling of being left out and
neglected before too though. Dont be so sad AngelKate i see where your
coming from but try to be happy yeah? ^_^

Yeah, I think everyone feels that way at some point. I am happy most of the time, so don't worry. ^_^

Signature

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by AngelKate

Quote by miraku-spikeIt's not that depressing. But yeah. I feel that. I don't have that much
friends which is ok with me. But none of them that I could really
connect with. But that all changed when I met her. Now, were close
friends.

That's great that you found someone to be close with. ^_^ I think that might be part of what made me sad at the party. I'm still kinda hurting from a recent breakup, and seeing so many people together and happy could very well have made me sad. But I am happy for you though. :)

Aww. I'm very sorry. And I can see that looking at happy couples is hard. Huh? But I would like to thank you thou.

Signature Image

vieovis

vieovis

And again I am alone

it seems you too but actually alot of us are like that, but my situation was when my friends were all gathered together but all but me and one girl that ive liked for a while had brought dates i had felt lonely but the girl did not so it made me feel sad about myself and ive had some problemes in the past wich had me hate myself but what had made me sad was that thay had been walking and thay had not noticed that i was tying my boot and had left without me and thay still havent noticed that thay left me like thay had and thay have forgotten about me many times so now thay do not know me anymore but imagine having that same problem your whole life where people forget about you and will eventually leave you behind but i now have about two friends in total that i can phisicaly touch and see in person but other than them and the MTers i have noone even though i can go just about anywhere and never be noticedso it seems like im the only one i can talk to in the world even though there are thousands of people so it makes me feel lonely. sorry if i made you sad or ive wasted your time and space

Every time that I'm alone
I'm pulled to the fire
Why is the sun round
Why don't I get healthy

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Back in my first year of college, I was a well known student to many of the guys and girls. Howver, when it came to parties, I never could've seemed to dance with any of the girls out there, like I was some sort of germ or something. Everytime I asked to dance or I even approached them while dancing, they always moved away from me. It's as if those girls already have their minds set on who they wanted to dance with, which guy's moves were better, or even which guy dressed the best and showed the most outgoing expressions. I was being myself, the quiet guy. Still, those girls wouldn't dance with me. I left the parties early because of the fact that I wasn't dancing with any girls for a good amount of time. And after the first semester, I only went to one party in the second semester, and that was it. I said "screw it" to the rest of them.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Uhhmm thats when your friends aren't there right?
Well thats the thing for me but that doesn't happen often....
I have people that know me in lots places
Heh... i dunno about you but you shouldn't feel sad at times like that
Coz like, if it's fun and you're having a lot of fun.... you should have forgotten the fact that you're feeling sad or sumfin

lunar-angel

Wandering Angel

I hate the feeling of being around a group of people and yet feeling alone.

Well, I feel alone and mildly depressed reguadless of who is around me.

Though its not that common that I'm in a crowd, since my social life is worst than the one described in NHK ni Youkuso..........

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

don't worry angelkate, i think most of us have experienced what you felt, so you're not alone! i used to feel out of place during family get togethers because everyone there would either be way older or way younger than me, so i'd really have no one to talk to. and most of them wouldn't even talk in english so i'd usually felt left out of almost all of the conversations. it kind of made me not look forward to our family get togethers...except during christmas cuz i luved opening presents...lol! but now that some of my cousins are older, i don't feel so left out anymore.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Hmm.. I my experience was a little different from you guys.

You see, I've never experienced rejection in my life. In fact, i'm a pretty popular guy :)
But sometimes when i'm not with my closest friend, for example, when i'm in a classroom with my new classmates, I get the feeling that I dont belong.. Although I laugh with them, I still feel that something isnt complete, like there's something missing. I feel separated from them.. Oh well... -_-

Luali

Celestial Love

ya, I used to feel like that all the time... same sort of thing, just being with 'friends' or at a party or something and just felt so alone :(

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

Youre not alone i experience that too, so no need to worry

i experience it everytime I'm at school... bcoz all of my classmates are plastic people... (those people who are known as backstabbes and acts nice in front but evil at the back...) So i always feel sad...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

yup....it is really depressing...you see so many people...so crowded. and yet, you still feel alone. like an unwanted guest that just keeps hanging around...even though you are invited
-_-

i'm so sorry you had to feel that way :( that always happens to me...

Chobitsluva

Chobitsluva

Freya Freya

i like the feeling of lonelyness i hate when theres alot of people around and alot of people like me...so i prefer to be by my self.

UserPage Layout by Belmikry-(Best Userpage Maker Thing Ever)

Signature

Limefreak

Limefreak

So many Limes so little time

I feel that alot AngelKate:(...
I did last night too i was at a party and i felt the same way ...

WaCa

WaCa

Solitaire soul...

everyones felt that, and so have i. You're surrounded by people but you feel totaly isolated or that you shouldnt be there cos theres nothing there for u. Dont depress!! at least uve got us all in MT and u wont feel isolated with us!!!
;) Cheer up girl!

Signature Image

Proud administrator of the AnimeMangaLovers group!
Bleach-Central proud member!

i kinda feel invisible all the time. i'm kinda of the loner in my school but people like me. my friends know this so they think i like being alone...but sometimes people need to be heard but its hard when no one there to listen -_-

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

That happens to me alot, actually. I never cried, but sometimes I felt like I wanted to. Usually I'm on a track bus or something, without any of my buddies around. I don't really understand it, since from time to time I really like being alone.

Btw, Kate, you're welcome for the fave, I loved that wallie!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.