Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cartoon Network Ruins Anime - Minitokyo

Cartoon Network Ruins Anime

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Has anybody noticed how whenever a famous anime springs out in japan, Cartoon network tries to release it in America... however they do a horrible job at it?

i mean seriously, i think if they want to distribute a series because they think it's good, then they should not edit out certain parts of the show. I guess excessive swearing might be controversial, however sometimes, the blood and violence is a big part of the anime's storyline!

For example, Cartoon network is going to air Naruto... or is already airing it (i dont really know).. and the part where naruto stabs his own hand to tell the others that "he will not run away because thats his way of the ninja" is a big part!! i mean, the entire episode is based on that! however, i know for a fact that it will be cut out; hence the watchers will not know how determined he is about it, and we will not know a big characteristic of the main character. Throughout the enire series, he is always saying "that's my way of the ninja", and watchers will not Truely know how deeply he feels about it. I think this ruins the flavor of the anime .. and just chops down the climatic points.

yeah.. i GUESS they do it to "protect our children from unnecessary material"... but if theyre gonna alter someone else's hard work like that, they should just not air it in the first place.

<=\ and.. dubbing is always a disaster. They change character's names, change technique names, and sometimes even change the things that the characters say period.

I don't know about you, and i know there are all these reasons for doing it, but i just hate how they "ruin" the series, and i think they're better off just not showing anime. U can flame me, chew me out, or even spit me back up for saying/thinking this.. but my thoughts dont change.

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

you right....
i don't like dubbing in english..
for example : Animax, their dubbing is soo bad..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Same with Rurouni kenshin and Inuyahsa

I think most anime are ruined when translated into english, or edited to a lower rating. cause then you don't get to see what's really going on. DBZ might be good in the Japanese version but how would i know? they never show the stuff in Australia XD

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

they are so stubborn.. I think they might know if we don' like the english dubbed version.... but they still use it.
Damn..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Quote by Kryuzeiyou right....i don't like dubbing in english..
for example : Animax, their dubbing is soo bad..

I dont usually like to criticize people, but in this case I agree with you. Thats exactly the main reason why I disliked animax ever since they started dubbing the animes. Take for instance, Chobits was very good to begin with, since the voices of Chii and Hideki fit them very well. But then they dubbed the series, and the voice actress that they got for Chii was nowhere near the quality of the original! >=( Although I love the series, I never bothered to watch it again because of the crappy dubbing. <_<

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

so true, and i absolutely agree on all of your thoughts

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

You just figured out that Cartoon Network does that kind of stuff? Where have you been throughout the course of life. Apparently, they like to change guns to laser guns in Gundam Seed. >_>

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

YES, cartoon network should JUST stick TO american cartoons!!
those idiotz should leave anime alone!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

Cartoon Network doesn't even really show anime in the UK (except for Yuugiou), the only channel that seems to show it is Toonami, and that hardly shows any at all :(

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

No matter wat cartoon channel may air Anime..IT WILL SUCK IF THEY DUB it!!
axn isn't one of em..(coz they sub) BUT THEY JUST repeat anime without adding NEW ones... :hmpf:

sailoruniverse

sailoruniverse

supreme archer

i feel that cartoon network took a bad move in taking toonami from the air on weekdays and put it on saturday for less than two hours, with not that good of animes on there. i agree some dub is realllyyyy bad. for instance macch speed racer!! lol. umm.. i havent seen rurouni kenshin in subtitleb nor inuyasha, but i thought the series was really good, it got me hooked. ii didnt like FMA dubb, but hey, that is the only anime i have seen in japanese subtitles.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

Quote by sailoruniversei feel that cartoon network took a bad move in taking toonami from the
air on weekdays and put it on saturday for less than two hours, with
not that good of animes on there. i agree some dub is realllyyyy bad.
for instance macch speed racer!! lol. umm.. i havent seen rurouni
kenshin in subtitleb nor inuyasha, but i thought the series was really
good, it got me hooked. ii didnt like FMA dubb, but hey, that is the
only anime i have seen in japanese subtitles.

we actually have toonami as a channel in the UK, but it's pretty crappy, the only anime it shows are veeery old pokemon, beyblade, Big O, One Piece....and that's about it......

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

cartoon network in my country does not show anime at all...just the usual american cartoons...anime in my country (shown on the local stations) are all dubbed in Malay, which usually sucks -_- why can't they just leave it alone and sub it instead??

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

NO! if you want to see anime ruined to it's fullest, check out 4kids, and the dissecting machine Fox-Box, because after watching, shaman king, (which WAS A GOOD show!) and One Piece,(ALSO good!) and then watching some on cartoon network, was not so bad in comparison, but I say if you want to watch them to the fullest watch [adult swim], or on TechTV,

and if want to hear bad BAD dubbing watch any and I mean any anime 4kids entertainment picked up! I mean dear god Sanji, is supposed to be cool, not sound like he has a cold or brain damage!!, and Shaman King, don't even get me started on how that was ruined, as for Naruto coming to Cartoon Network, to me it's going to be a glorified DBZ(pirates are better anyways!) Oh and they are showing DBZ unedited, so if you want to know what it was basically like in jap, so that 's how you'd know, and if you want to know alot more about DBZ ask Cy.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

toonami should just air japanese anime ..in japanese.. and have subtitles..

and hey.. for the kids who can't read that fast?? they can just change the channel

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

It's not that simple an issue. It's also the content of the anime itself. Yeah alot of dubbing seriously sucks and yes they do change plot lines and edit shows. Well it's because if they didn't these shows wouldn't be allowed on tv. The US has differsnt standards than Japan and as such must modify shows to conform to these standards.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I dont really mind Adult Swim anime since that's the only place I get to see most of it. I haven't heard anything about them picking up Naruto...but that would be interesting.

If you want bad dubs the WB had CCS for a while and they did a horrid job with it. They changed all the names and edited out like half of the episodes. Ugh...terrible... -_-

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Who cares if they ruin the anime? As long as you aren't watching it, right.

:d

well if you dont like it then complain to ur congressmen not cartoon network because they are the reason CM has to censor out the butt.

Signature

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

i herard that naruto is or was going to be dubbed by a company (i cant rember the their name ) that was one of the better companys

4kids does butcher animes

Aldult swim is a better place to see dubbed and edited anime

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

You just can't blame the Cartoon Network company for airing the dub because that's all they're doing. The companies in America which reproduced the show for America's standards are the ones to blame if anything; they know that the shows have to be fit for the younger children to see. While Adult Swim is the block on Cartoon Network to see the dubbed anime which was edited and reproduced in America, there are still some scenes that are missing, versus if the anime is on other blocks on Cartoon Network, more scenes would be removed. The companies which control what should be edited out are the ones in which should be asked questions as to why they're removing scenes specifically for American viewers.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Cartoon Network... bastards... about as bad as Matt Greenfield. It's dubbed which is trash... C'mon, a 14 year old girl shouldn't sound like a 40 something streetwalker with throat cancer. (Sorry if I offended anyone with that comment) Seriously, they try to grab every good thing that comes out in Japan just so they can rape it in the US. I say we do a little Anime Anarchy and blow up the CN. I said CN, not CNN or the UN. Although, the UN should bite it too.

I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.

I really have to agree.....they mess up alot of my favorite animes.......and now everyone gets to watch them......lol also its funny cause i see alot of white people turn all japanese washed.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.