Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shouldnt year 2100 be considered 21st century? - Minitokyo

Shouldnt year 2100 be considered 21st century?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

if you think about it, the 21st century SHOULD start in year 2100. However, we considered the 21st century start at year 2000. Yes, i am naive about this kind of stuff.. so some one please enlighten me with a history story telling me why the 21st century started in 2000 .. and doesnt start in 2100.

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Hmmm, dunno the story behind it...
But I just think of it as the year leads up to the century name. i.e. 2000 will lead up to the year 2100 thus we call it the "21st Century." XD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

okay!! for those of you who have been struck stupified by my ultimate question!!! i've figured it out.. well.. i asked someone and they told me somethign really beleiveable.

year ZERO is considered the first century!! for example year 45 is part of the first century... therefor year 101 was the second...

phew!!! arent you glad that you got that off of your chest??? i sure am glad.

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

I asked parent once why they named the centuries that way. It's because year 0-99 is the first century, and 100-199 is second century, and 200-299 is the third century, and so on. So when it reaches 2000-2099, it's the 21st century.

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

Because we consider the first century to have started in AD 0; any years from 0-99 are considered the first century, because there was nothing preceeding them (except BC) and it is impossible to call it the 0th century. Thus, the year 1000 marked the start of the 11th century, so every century is actually 1 ahead of the year it is. E.g. 1400 = 15th century. Following this pattern the year 2000 becomes the 21sth century as the years 2000-2099 are the first within said century.

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

yep its right....
i'm surprised that you need someone help to discover this... don't worry i need a little help from my friend that said this year considered as 21th century, but i discovered myself that year 0 is 1st century...
hmm..... Good for you though... to know about it..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.