Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Computers after 100 Years - Minitokyo

Computers after 100 Years

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

What is your vision of tommorow's computers? What OS and software would proliferate? You decide...

Let's just keep it to microcomps and pc's....

Mine would be that monitors will go hologram... who needs a mouse when you got touch-holgrams... keyboards? forget it, voice recognition is here to stay...

How about a Pentium XXXVIII 2.8 THZ with 1 TeraRAM, and so on and so forth.. all of them snugly housed inside a 3"x5"x2" flat box.

What do you think will your comp be after 100 years? Show off your future hardware specs!!!

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

one thing i want in computer is full AI all around
do we even need processors?
and No, there will be no Macs, i dont see that happening,

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by hiddensnakehands one thing i want in computer is full AI all around
do we even need processors?
and No, there will be no Macs, i dont see that happening,

Gates and Jobs would probably be dead by then.... if not definitely dead.

Can't MS think of anything better than Windows? Maybe after 100 years that name will probably be sickening to hear... more than it does now.

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

I am sorry, I like bill gates, in fact i adore him. He is my inspiration, and everything I want to be
No doubt in my mind that gates would be dead, but not Microsoft
Ummn, windows is a pretty good name, i dont see anything wrong with it
dont u think it would be better than naming yourself after animals?

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Microsoft has a monopoly. I may not like them, but I say they will still be ruling. Sadly. Anyway, Linux will probably always be in the background somewhere. (Though maybe a different name by that time.) Here hoping that AMD makes it.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by OdysseusMicrosoft has a monopoly. I may not like them, but I say they will
still be ruling. Sadly. Anyway, Linux will probably always be in the
background somewhere. (Though maybe a different name by that time.)
Here hoping that AMD makes it.

very good point, as long as microsoft has the monopoly of the market(well they do), no one will bring it down besides the US congress.
I would say Linux has a brighter future than Macs, well, reason? basically Windows and Macs do the same thing, but Linux is geared towards a different area.
Ummmn, If computers have full AI, would they even need processors?

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Believe me... have you watch Matrix...? Not human using computers... but the other way goes... our generation may lives in capsule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by hiddensnakehands I am sorry, I like bill gates, in fact i adore him. He is my inspiration, and everything I want to be

No wonder you hold such delusional views in regards to microsoft.

if you want to be Gates, you might start off by playing too much poker and dropping out of college.

I am invincible!

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

o wow, i am not surprised you say so

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

My specs:

+ Hexa-core processors will dominate the servers.
+ Ai guided OS with 128-Bit and up technology.
+ Nano technology probes inside the computer for auto repairing mechanism.
+ AI-driven antivirus.
+ Modified keybord key sequence.
+ AVR sized desktop computers.

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

ozma255

ozma255

Vectorman!

I think AMD, Microsoft, IBM, Linux and Intel will survive can't say the same about Apple, it's not that I hate Macs or anything but I can say for sure that the binary code will be obsolete in about 30 years time, 1 and 0's is just too limited, I think Quantum( correct me if I'm wrong) will replace it meaning all of the electronic stuff we're using now will be filling space in garbage dumps, just think about it! :)

Signature

Knight64

Knight64

Grand

there won't be such a thing named computers !
everything will be computerized !!!

Signature

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

I'm almost certain I'll be dead by that time. But I think that maybe they're combine all the operating systems into some super computer system.

koohyuko

Nandeyanen?

I'll be dead by then. But I predict that a new maker will emerge and provide competition for Microsoft. Computers won't use mice, screens will be holographic and 3-D, and there will be lots of touch screen action.

I really see no way any current OS will be a dominating player in 100 years. With Apple slowely stealing away Microsofts support, and their system being unix at it's core, not to mention the every growing population of internet wizkids and peer to peer sharing, there is no way any of the corprate OSs will compete. Microsoft and Apple OSs will fall away to home brewed ones. As the decades progress more and more people will be computer literate, more people will be able to buidl a computer, program it, and use it. Eventually this will boil over into something far more free form, almost an art as so few people will need the guidance of a simpler OS.

Hardware wise, stuff is only going to get smaller and more powerful. I give it a decade or two before we can begin surgically implanting chips and drives into ourselves. A short time after that until prosthetics become not unlike what we expect of them from such scifi works as Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, or Shadowrun. With the advent of successful organ transplants already happening (the Abiocor complete heart replacement), and the steps and bounds we have made with prosthetics and robotics already, it isn't that much of a step before we get some really whiz-bang stuff.

Just look what computers have done in the past decade, compare that to the decade before it, and before that. Each year, development of computer hardware and software accelerates exponentially, and the entire playing field will be different in not even a century.

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

A computer in the yr 2100..

a distributed network of partially self-rewiring optical microprocessors with 1 THZ operating speed, 1 gig of onboard memory straight in the chip, connected by both fiber-optics and wireless transmission.

You wont even notice your computer, because it`ll be all around you, embedded in your home, the nice gadgets you like to use, totally customized and its software automatically tailoring itself to your own personal preferences, assisting in running your life and your home however you dictate.

Viral code in 100 yrs, regardless of the actual HW specs, would be scary as all hell, dont you think?

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

I think Microsoft will still be available in the future. But I think there's still a chance for Linux and open source... (Just started to use Linux Hehee....)

there will be no windows I think,
maybe the son of windows is the "door"

get it???

Creeping strength in me is the so much power that I may banish everything when i didn't controlled it. It's haunting me, even if I took this strongest power. I dealt with the devil, I gave grip on a rusted knife and I left everything just to get this power...

I think we've more or less reached the limit as far as hardware goes, and in 100 years we would have probably run out of resources and destroyed ourselves, but I'll be dead. Call me a pessimist but it's what I think.

Proud member of [ElfenLeid Junkies] and [ForceFirefox]

errr i think we would all be dead by that time, Terminator!@! it my have been a movie, but i think its a prophcey that is going to come true

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I'll just be happy if humanity is still around in the next hundred years...

All I'm going to say about the 'computers' for my idea is really small ;)

HTML Coding Hates Me...

HiJakk

HiJakk

Ilibing ng Buhay!!!

Quote by ramchongBelieve me... have you watch Matrix...? Not human using computers... but the other way goes... our generation may lives in capsule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!!! Computers will manipulate the entire human race and turnh us all into power supplies.

Believe in the Matrix...

Quote by Gloc 9Nakasaad ang katibayan, oras na ng kamatayan.

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

I really don't have an oppinion on this one. Since I won't be here in 100 years I think I leave it up to the future generations to worry and wonder about.

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

don't really know what to expect, but I'll look forward to it

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.