Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deep Impact - Success - Minitokyo

Deep Impact - Success

page 1 of 1 12 total items

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

The mission of Deep Impact (crashing a satilite into a comet while taking images from a separate satilite) occured on July 4, 2005. I watched as the data was being transmitted live... well, as live as an 8 minute delay from when the events were transpiring on the observer to Earth at the speed of light...

It was kind of interesting seeing the final moments of the Impactor from it's targeting camera.

What are your opinions on this particular event.
For More details, go to:

http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/

misoup

misoup

%67%65%65%6B

Yeah, what's better than two important events happening in one day? :)

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It was a pretty interesting event, and they even said that the impact resulted in instability of some sort in outer space. A woman wants to sue for $300 million for the destruction of the satellite.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

yeah, i heard about the test too. Its pretty cool, it didn't change the comets course at all. Thats a pretty sturdy comet, lol

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

yo dude, i was at the space science building watching it, it is so spetacular

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

jakester

jakester

So very lonely...

what a waste of money, but hey, i live in Canada, so what do i care if the americans spend 300million on useless crap

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by SilentMasamuneIt was a pretty interesting event, and they even said that the impact
resulted in instability of some sort in outer space. A woman wants to
sue for $300 million for the destruction of the satellite.

Oh this Russian lady who's an Astrologer or fortune teller from stars. I'm sorry, but her claim wouldn't hold any merit. She probably never knew of the existance of Temple 1 before this mission. {Temple 1 is the name of the comet}.
I mean, look, something about the size and mass of a washing machine (pre-crash size) is TOO friggin small, in comparison to the size and mass of the city of Manhatten (well, just land mass). And in comparison to the planets, this comet is insignificant. Heck, it's highly unlikely she could see it with a telescope in a city, before the impact.

To those who worry about the debris that was caused by the impact... Most of it is returning to the comet, just re-arranged, like now around the back end of the comet and not the front...

oh wait, the comet rotates too.

but relative gravity means all the loosened debris will stay in the vacinity and eventaully land back on the comet.

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

wtf
i like space stuff. but wasting all the tax payers money on that peice. blowing it up into a comet didn't do much good either. waste of frigin money. i just hate it that they throw away an exspensive craft like that. all that money gone. damn govermant jerkwauds.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I don't think it was a waste MetalFire. They had to crash it in order to cause debris to fly off, so they could see what's inside of the comet and learn more about the origins of our universe. I think it's pretty cool, actually. ^_^

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

xkaleidostarx

xkaleidostarx

Smile! ^_^

I haven't heard much about it, but just reading this topic does make it sound quite interesting. I had never even thought about studying the inside of a comet, but it would help our understanding of the universe. :D

But, I'm afraid I still don't understand why she wants to sue. o_o;

Signature Image
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

I'm not too sure what this is all bout >.<'' I'll check the site in a sec....

I just did...wow...that seems so kool...but yeah...

anywayz thanks for sharing the info ^^

Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

the event seemed really interesting...but that is a lot of money gone for that crashed satellite don't 'cha think so?
but i thought that it was really cool...especially since i don't hear about many special events occuring in space..

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.