Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bomb Blasts in London - Minitokyo

Bomb Blasts in London

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 190 total items

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

damn it i hate terrorists we should just wipe em all out......

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

omg! thats horrible! x_x

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kauriswings

kauriswings

skrzydla jej serce

is the whole world going mad? it's like everyone is etheir being bomed or in a war. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'll never forget the day you told me you loved me,
i will always try to forget the day that you said you didn't love me...

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

I feel truly sorry for England, it sucks and its unfair. I hate terrorits just as much as you do.
BUT...

Quote by xshintaxIsn't it amazing what somr people think is right, in the name of their religion? Maybe other countries will learn what it is like to have thousands of people killed in the name of "jeehad". We need to get the Muslims out of Europe, and fast.

I disagree with this. Why do you generalize?
Not every single muslim that walks out there is a terrorist. I have lots of muslims friends that hate violence just as much as you do. They are also victims of terrorism.
Besdies that... There are a lot of muslims that are in Europe because of the war. They lost everything and the came here as refugees. It's unfair for them too.
Get rid of the terrorism, but do not kill every muslim in the process.

darkzlevin

darkzlevin

Are We Who We Seem?

=.= nobody's gone mad yet.. maybe till the day pigs might fly... condolonces to the people at london...

SUPPORT MINITOKYO BY JOINING THEIR MIRC CHANNEL
#minitokyo @ irc.rizon.net

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Congress isn't in session this week, so things have been fairly quiet here on the Hill, and therefore today the usual committee and floor debates that are constantly playing on the television have been replaced by coverage of the situation in London.

i would like to give condolences to the family and friends of those who died today. We have been reminded that no one is safe from acts of coercive violence and that there is still much to do and far to go before we can prevent further terrorist attacks and the deaths of innocents in the future.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

those bastards...

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by xshintaxIsn't it amazing what somr people think is right, in the name of their
religion? Maybe other countries will learn what it is like to have
thousands of people killed in the name of "jeehad". We need to get the
Muslims out of Europe, and fast. This happened before and it will
happen again. Wether people will learn or not, tim,e will tell. Anyways
London is tight as a glove at damo, because in the past London has been
atacked by the IRA.

Please, this is exactly the type of response that the terrorists desire. Further fanning the flames of hatred will only give these murderers greater justification to kill and to destroy.

a blanket statement regarding the Islamic religion and Muslim people is frankly ignorant. Islam does not equal terrorism; it is merely unfortunate that a greater majority of terrorists belong to the Muslim faith. Many many Muslims condemn 9-11, the Madrid bombing, and the London bombings.

It is those individual who profess a fanatic belief in the ability of murder to change the world who are responsible. They are the ones who we must go after. They are the ones who we must "wipe out."

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Terrorism isn't about changing minds or persauding people. These kind of attacks are all about hate. Terrorist aren't trying to turn deals or convince governments to change their stances. Terrorist just want to kill people. They hate us and can't get rid of all of us; so, they try to enslave us with fear. These attacks are not going to stop. There is no partical way to stop them. There are too many people in the world for any government to watch everyone all the time. People are going to die irregardless of any security measure taken in the future. What we need to do is eliminate every terrorist we can so we can cut our losses. We need to make everyone aware of the dangers. The more people looking, the better our chances of limiting the tragedy, but it is going to happen. It doesn't do any good to blame countries, governments, politics, or religion for terrorism. Terrorists are people. Don't blame some world power or whatever for their actions. They made the decision to kill innocent people who can't possibly be responsible for anything in relation to their cause. If you really blame someone, you aim your revenge directly at them and terrorists don't do that. These are planned acts of violence. Don't let the terrrorist misdirect your rage and pain towards the administration or all Muslims or whatever. . Put it on them. Find them and remove them from the field. That is what we need to do.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by wolfcoTerrorism isn't about changing minds or persauding people. These kind of attacks are all about hate. Terrorist aren't trying to turn deals or convince governments to change their stances. Terrorist just want to kill people. They hate us and can't get rid of all of us; so, they try to enslave us with fear. These attacks are not going to stop. There is no partical way to stop them. There are too many people in the world for any government to watch everyone all the time. People are going to die irregardless of any security measure taken in the future. What we need to do is eliminate every terrorist we can so we can cut our losses. We need to make everyone aware of the dangers. The more people looking, the better our chances of limiting the tragedy, but it is going to happen. It doesn't do any good to blame countries, governments, politics, or religion for terrorism. Terrorists are people. Don't blame some world power or whatever for their actions. They made the decision to kill innocent people who can't possibly be responsible for anything in relation to their cause. If you really blame someone, you aim your revenge directly at them and terrorists don't do that. These are planned acts of violence. Don't let the terrrorist misdirect your rage and pain towards the administration or all Muslims or whatever. . Put it on them. Find them and remove them from the field. That is what we need to do.

I disagree. Terrorism is at least an attempt to change minds. Whether it works or not (sometimes it seems to and sometimes it doesn't) and whether it is an acceptable means of creating change (I personally do not think so) is debatable, but terrorists are trying to inspire terror in people in order to get them to behave in a different way. I agree with you that terrorists should be held accountable for their actions but I think the regimes and world systems that create terrorism and allow terrorism need to be blamed as well.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by littlejonny100controversial bullshit....everyones self obsesssed..... there are
probably lots of people who are celebrating the fact london got
bombed..... it sux and shit happens.....either say something
constructive and inquistive or shuddup cause saying it's
horrible......EVERYONE thinks it's horrible...good FOR you.... bitching
wont help anything.....

Okay...
1) Use a dictionary, please.
2) The shift key is your friend.
3) Misuse of ellipses = bad.
4) Don't be such an ass about it, some people could have injured family members or loved ones.

My sympathies to those who are affected by this incident.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Quote by kuzainI disagree. Terrorism is at least an attempt to change minds. Whether it works or not (sometimes it seems to and sometimes it doesn't) and whether it is an acceptable means of creating change (I personally do not think so) is debatable, but terrorists are trying to inspire terror in people in order to get them to behave in a different way. I agree with you that terrorists should be held accountable for their actions but I think the regimes and world systems that create terrorism and allow terrorism need to be blamed as well.

Well that is good. If everyone agreed, it would be difficult to discuss anything productively. I don't really understand how it changes minds. It seems like it could only "work" the same way conversion by the sword does and in that case it doesn't really work. If I say whatever you want to hear so you don't kill me, I didn't change my mind. You didn't persaude me of anything and as soon as you go away I'll right back to what I was doing before. Yes. Terrorism is designed to force people to change the way they behave. However, it is designed to change their behavior in relation to traveling and meeting. It is designed to prevent powerful groups from effectively fighting terrorism. It redirects sources to the homeland and it creates a public backlash against the politicians (or whoever) is directing the anti-terrorism movement. You know very well that even now people are blaming Tony for it because he backed Bush. Or they are blaming the police or whatever organization is responsible for public protection. Well that is crap. They didn't push the bottom or whatever. Some fanatical deluded man or women did. Terrorism doesn't change the beliefs which result in conflicts and infact it inspires further conflict. It is counter-productive. If you (being a power organization) want to change the minds of people, you start young. You use the education system and the media to introduce certain beliefs into their minds. How do you think suicide bombers are created? You teach children to hate and then you make sure any negative events in their lives can be blamed on the given party. Don't blame terrorism on big amorphous groups. Blame it on the people who care so little about their fellow human beings that they create monster fundamentalist and such. Specific people who hate us or are jelous of us are intensionally manipulating children to create human weapons of destruction.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

37 people are now confirmed dead and 700 injured... my thoughts and prayers go out all the victims and their families and friends whose lives have been touched by these dreadful acts of terrorism...

KiraKirachan

KiraKirachan

Maker of Sparkly Things

I'm not gonna blame anyone for their race, hertiage, or religion on any of this. I agree with both of you. But the fact of the matter is: an explosion took place in an area where many died and were hurt.

Terrorists are called terrorits for a reason. To strike fear and terror into our hearts and minds. Some do it for the joy of killing and others do it so they can put us in a corner and tell us what's wrong with ourselves. But all we can do now is bury and mourn the dead, heal the wounded and make sure this doesn't happen again. By doing what we can as human beings to accept and love each other regardless of our differences. Stay strong and support those who go out and try to stop those who do these things.

My prays go to all our friends and their families affected by this horrible act of violence.

suzuki

Shut up the fuck you must!

Another war coming up

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The problem is, however, that there are specific states which systematically educates the young in hate ideology as a matter of state policy. While the actual bombs are set up by individual terrorists, we cannot disregard the role that certain governments play in spreading those ideologies that the terrorists hold dear.

For example, the government of Saudi Arabia, under its strict Wahabi sect of Islam, actively propagates its doctrine of anti-American violence, not only within its borders but also around the world. There is an active effort by the Saudi government to instill their belief in Wahabi fundamentalism even in American mosques. Any voice for moderation within Saudi Arabia is immediately stifled or killed off; moderate imams are given death threats or killed because "he who casts doubt about their [christians and jews'] infidelity leaves no doubt about his."

A government in this case is aiding the terrorists in teaching the young to hate those who do not follow their vision of a world under strict Sharia law. The government in this case is that power organization engaged in changing the minds of the people starting with the young. While they do not actively tell their people to become terrorists, their teachings, such as telling Muslims in western countries to gain knowledge or money to be later used in a holy jihad, certainly do nothing to lessen the ideological transformation of children into weapons of destruction.

The individuals who built and planned the attacks are certainly guilty, but certain other groups or governments are also responsible for at least the instilling the hatred.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Terrible. I have been following the news since like 12 o'clock at my place, both radio and tv.

No words and nothing we say here can really express today's tragedy. That terrorist attack showed a complete disregard for human life.

Quote by shinsengumii would like to give condolences to the family and friends of those who died today. We have been reminded that no one is safe from acts of coercive violence and that there is still much to do and far to go before we can prevent further terrorist attacks and the deaths of innocents in the future.

I would like to join in the condolences to all who died today, their famillies and friends.

on a side note: I realize that majority of people (including myself are angry seeing the recent events in London), nevertheless I hope we can still try and discuss the whole incident in a cultural way, without using vulgar language and swearing at one another...

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

The UN will now consider getting their troops out of the Iraq. The attack is horrible, 700 injured is a prety big number. This attack and also the fone call in Italy was nothing more then making them retreat. Afcourse in some manner it will streighten the hate for Alqaeda. There has been no credit taken yet, but afcourse it is only a matter of time before someone does. Anyway UN has now somehing to think about, they either take back their troops and stop supporting Bush, or they receive attacks. It's a lose lose situation.

Signature Image
We're all dead inside...

dam news goes around fast but dude your wrong is 4 blasts watch the news more

I mentioned nothing of the number of "blasts"

Signature Image
We're all dead inside...

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Quote by Eternal Paradox
For example, the government of Saudi Arabia, under its strict Wahabi sect of Islam, actively propagates its doctrine of anti-American violence, not only within its borders but also around the world.

Ok. I will certainly accept that some specific governments are in fact acting aiding and abetting terrorism and are therefore responsible for these acts. I'm sorry that I neglected to consider that fact. Even though I'm a rather realist person, I often forget that sometimes entire governments are overrun with fundamentalist criminals. Somewhere in my mind, I find it hard to believe that there are so many people in one place in power together who are controlled by there own greed. But, I guess this sort of event demonstrates just how many people are in fact indoctrinated against "us." The questions is: What do we do when there are so many enemies to be stopped?

Spafe

Reality Compromised

Cowards. Complete cowards.

Signature
"I bought some Death Star Doughnuts today. They were shaped like the Death Star and had a picture of Ben Kenobi on the packet. While I was eating them the bloody jam all leaked out of the exhaust vent and stained my tunic. WHY OH WHY DID I STIPULATE THE INCLUSION OF AN EXHAUST VENT?? The doughnuts mock my failure."

Emi

Emi

White lady with black heart

I knoe I see it on news...... realy horrible......

Do you see your heart?
It's black...
Smile!!!! You're always welcome!!

just saw it on Today. that's just horrible. hope they recover from it.

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 190 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.