Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Neep help on school paper pleeb! - Minitokyo

Neep help on school paper pleeb!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Hey guys!

I know this might be OT here but I didn't know where else to post it.
I have to do a survey on 'Immigration to the US' ..
well ok, actually I am supposed to do a presentation on it.

Now my question to you guys is:

Imagine you'd be in school and the topic would be 'Immigration to the US'.
What would most interest you about this whole topic?
The historical background maybe?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions here!!

Thanks!! ^_^

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

influences on economy, but history is a pretty solid standard.

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

umm i suppose the benefits of immigration or what is the purpose of immigration to the US.

~mintyness~
Signature

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

The mixing of cultures - how certain aspects of different, immigrant, cultures may have become commonplace or cool, or made into underground things with the youth or other methods of adoption.

Signature Image

Thanks so much for the help 'til now!! ^_^

Well I guess I know the basic points so far ..
it's going to be 'Waves of Immegration' starting 1680 to now as the main part,
then 'Integration' and problems of the USA due to immigration (Affirmative Action, Melting Pot etc.)
and my conclusion will be 'prospects of the future', a short thingy about the GreenCard and terrorism.

Any suggestions for good sources for geographical and economical issues?
Would be very much appreciated!! :D

I would suggest you check out the historical societies of the individual immigrant populations that you're looking at... e.g. any Irish-American, Italian-American, Chinese-American organizations near you. Of course, your school library has tons of info. Lotsa good stuffs there.

If you want to talk to someone who has studied immigrant phenomena, I was a minor in sociology with a particular interest in immigrant adaptation and cultural contribution. I'd be happy to volunteer for an interview on phenomena, theories, and general/specific trends. ^_^

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.