Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Supporting real indy art? (fanart, vectors, reproductions) - Minitokyo

Supporting real indy art? (fanart, vectors, reproductions)

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Hi folks,

I want to ask you about your opinion on the following topic. You know that the doujinshi category is called 'indy art' and that there are a lot of things that don't are indivudually made art. I am not talking about fanart concepts but about reproductions and vectors. I know that making a vector is a lot of work and the same goes for reproductions (taking a scans and drawing exactly the same thing that's on the scan) but it is not fair that they are put among the real indy art. Vectors and reproductions have an advantage because they cannot be drawn wronlgy* and there are never any problems with the pose or something like that because the original one was done by a pro. The result of this is that they are more popular because they are based on professional drawings. Fanart and doujinshi that are concepted and drawn by the MT artist herself /himself may look not that professional so people prefer 'copied art'.

* what can you tell about a reproduction artwork? Maybe 'great pose' or 'cool expression' or 'cute girl'? No, because those were made by the orinigal artist. The fan only copied that when making a reproduction.

Please don't misunderstand me (I know about the efforts to make a vector) but I want to preserve real original art and fanart (images concepted by fans) so that they can be popular here too. That's why I suggest a new division.
What about separating the following ones:

doujinshi
original (manga and anime characters invented by you)
fanart (image concepts by fans but using existing characters - no re-use of existing images)
fanart colouration (colouring an image that belongs to the doujinshi category)

improved/special scans
vectors (vector traces of scans)
colourations (colouring manga scans)

reproductions (maybe that category should be taken out completely)
reproduction fanart (copying an existing image)

rythem

rythem

icon by trowicia@eljay

*nods nods* yeah .. I agree..especially separating vectors n doujinshi...heck..vectors get so much more attention than doujinshi ... like u said..its based on a real anime/manga... like my doujin..its not so professional n always drawn weird looking ^_^' lol
I myself like making vectors... so maybe making different categories should help.. becoz..some people dont read description .. .. nor know 'what is a vector..'

Signature

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

I agree as well. I made a few manga colorations and I don't think they belong into the Doujinshi category. It's really unfair for the real artist. And especially copying a screenshot / scan. That's probably the cheapest thing one can do. In my opinion, the artists of such drawing should not submit their work at all. It's just a little senseless...

celinesm

-- Chibi Ceres --

Kudos. It's very well said, Harakiri.

Personally, I really admire fellow artists who does fanart artworks. It's really nice to see how they draw existing anime/manga characters in their own unique style. ^^

- Celine

Signature Image

- Puppies are nature's remedy for feeling unloved...plus numerous other aliments of life -

..::: - Negaraku - :::.. ..::: - Doujinshi-Support-Club - :::..

--------------------------- [ Virtual Haven ] ---------------------------
{ my own website and is guilty of not updating it for ages... }

walkure245

walkure245

MagiBlue

I have to agree as well. Sometimes, I feel that vectors get more attention than a regular fanart. It's definitely much easier to vector than to draw. I think we should really move the vector catergory somewhere else. We should be still be able to submit vectors and the like since people can use it for wallies but it shouldn't be considered part of the doujin cat.

Signature
Created by my best friend, Kitten

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

Well Hara,

when you're right, you're right....
I guess that it's easy to say that vectors have a great value when you can't expect anything diferent from the original (in al means, he/she is just copying the original) ... but when you do a fan art that is not exact people is ready to criticyze.... oh, I forgot, people here inMT do not criticyze, they just don't coment at all... And I think that this is the point... Well, you see we can't say that we don't know what makes sucess: girls in bikinis/underwear almost off... and we know that most part of those who make any doujinshi don't usually draw that kind of things, like you, mylself, evasion, vampire, and lot others... I think that goig against the flow is like suicide, but well, someone has to be different...

Getting back to the subject, let's face facts.... I rather have 6 people that like my doujinshi then have thousands of favorites and coments made with ctrl+C .... "oh, great perspective, good shadings, nice position, keep up the good workj, etc...." ... I prefer people to say that they found out a huge mistake than telling me that it's oh "so great" because we know taht if what we do is oh so great we should be working with a studio...

But I think that it would be nice to separate the vectors from the other doujinshi, but all in all it wouldn't be much diferent, cause as rythem said, some people can't even read description.... : P ...

i dunno if you got my ponint, but anyway....

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

evasion

evasion

KittyPuchiko has caught evasion!

o.O You're defniitely right harakiri! (yah! well said too levezzali). i think a separate category might encourage more artists to share their work. ^_^. Thanks for the thread! :) *cheers*

Signature

Visit me at http://www.trigmax.com/funstuff/evasion
(website currently down...*cries*)

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

i agree- but please do a search for duplicate threads on the subject-
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/24127/

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/19376/

I'll bring it up to the moderators attention, hopefully we will get a response :)

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.