Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you get over depression? - Minitokyo

How do you get over depression?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

SweetGrl

SweetGrl

doki doki

I have been feeling depressed lately but i don't know why!! So how do you get over it? ^_^

Live to Love, Love to Live~~
Signature

go out w/ some friends...unless thyre the cause of it...

himeno22

himeno22

xXsend me an angelXx

ive had that before...
just talk to someone about it and have some fun^^
that or try and find the cause. i had that a little bit ago and i moved away from the problem. it made me feel worse at first, but then better^^
in fact i was asking the same question a few weeks ago

Do you believe in heaven above?
Do you believe in love?

ake>,< I'm sorry but thread already exists http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/1790/ its similar to this one..
But i get over depression by drawing and doing things that are part of the arts.
-WRITING arts
-dramatic arts
-drawn art^.^

what's the cause of your depression?
depending on the cause, some depression can be overcome by solving the problem, some can be overcome by forgetting the problem and some can be overcome by voicing out the problem....

GranWipeOut

GranWipeOut

Cheese Lord

If i get depressed i just go on a game like Wow (world of warcraft) or graal and kill a whole lot of ppl or animals that usally makes me feel bedder

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Everyone gets depressed once in a while, be it over relationships or academics. I usually find that simply being as sociable as possible is enough to get over being down. Good friends really are there to help, whether it's just hanging out with them for a while or talking to them about what is troubling you.

Biologically speaking, if something bites you, its probably female.

SolidSnake2017

Gravy Train!!

Its about perspective when you realize whatever is making you feel that way is superflous you can finally move on. All of the stuff that happens in our lives is pretty much meaningless and unneeding of worry. There is no situation where worrying is advantagous. The best way to deal with depression is to just go out and do something. A walk usually helps me, especially since i live by the ocean and can just sit and relax.

"If you bet there is no God and you win, you win nothing, but if you lose, you lose everything. If you bet there is a God and you win, you win everything, and if you lose, you lose nothing. Rationally speaking, God is the best bet." - Blaise Pascel
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signature Image
[No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...]

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I don't know that you get over it. I think you get around it or you get beyond it. Some things about life are just depressing. When I get depressed, I try to identify the cause. If I change the cause, the depression normally goes away, and if I can't, then I refocus my energies on something positive.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Quote by SweetGrlI have been feeling depressed lately but i don't know why!! So how do you get over it? ^_^

try to dont think about it and do sth else.

Signature Image

projectpaper

projectpaper

PapeR!!

eat alot of icecreams, chocolates or cookies!! :nya: ~nya

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sebastian22

sebastian22

Moody,man!

Just try to think of something else,making yourself busy so that you havn't even got the time to be depressed.If it is really wors I try to hang around with my friends(if they got time)

Normally here should be an intelligent and funny text.But I wasn't in the mood to write one.

DONT EVER think about SUICIDE.

Ahem, yea as i said above. Thats the last thing that u should ever think about. Hmm... i'd suggest u go watch a movie, play games, post a whole LOT on this forum just to get ur mind off of being depressed, or drag a friend somewhere even thought they dont wanna go.

Those are my suggestions.

Quote by SweetGrlI have been feeling depressed lately but i don't know why!! So how do you get over it? ^_^

Hormones could be a cause.

A nice walk outside normally helps, or talking to somebody close to you, like a boyfriend or something. Each person has their own method to get out of the madness, so experiment until you find something that helps you.

Four words girl, Shop Till You Drop!!

I never get depressed in the first place. Hahaha.

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

I thought I would present you with an alternative to what has already been posted. So far the solutions you have been suggested are one of trying to change you state of depression.

Sometimes, however, we feel a certain way because we need to feel that way. Just as when you are sick, or infected, you body has a natural way of dispelling that infection. You probably know that the best way to get better when you are sick is to take it slow and let the sickness take its course.

So too it is with emotions. Some psychologists and more contemporary and wholistic therapists suggest that it is necessary to let the feeling come to fruition. This way whatever it is that your mind/spirit is dealing with will be dealt with in its own natural way.

There was a German poet by the name of Rainer Maria Rilke who put it much more eloquently than I can:

Quote by Rainer Maria Rilke[...] You must realize that something is happening to you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand and will not let you fall. Why do you want to shut out of your life any uneasiness, any misery, and depression, since after all you don't know what work these conditions are doing inside you? Why do you want to persecute yourself with the question of where all this is coming from and where it is going? Since you know, after all, that you are in the midst of transitions and you wished for nothing so much as to change. If there is anything unhealthy in your reactions, just bear in mind that sickness is the means by which an organism frees itself from what is alien; so one must simply help it to be sick, to have its whole sickness and to break out with it, since that is the way it gets better. In you, dear Mr. Kappus, so much is happening now; you must be patient like someone who is sick, and confident like someone who is recovering; for perhaps you are both. And more: you are also the doctor, who has to watch over himself. But in every sickness there are many days when the doctor can do nothing but wait. And that is what you, insofar as you are your own doctor, must now do, more than anything else. [...]

This is taken from Letters To A Young Poet.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

When I am depressed. I usually just go out and have a nice long walk. If that doesn't work, I will just go to my girlfriend and have a nice long talk (maybe I will borrow her shoulder for a good cry).

Signature

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

aww~~ >.< SweetGrl~~ you got depression lately.. >.<
you probably get too much stress from things.. relax ok.. ;)
i never get depression before.. hmm.. maybe you can rest more, have some sports and you may feel better.. ^_^' i'm not very sure too.. take goodie care of yourself ok..

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

SweetGrl

SweetGrl

doki doki

Quote by ayane-heine

aww~~ &gt;.&lt; SweetGrl~~ you got depression lately.. &gt;.&lt;
you probably get too much stress from things.. relax ok.. ;)
i never get depression before.. hmm.. maybe you can rest more, have some sports and you may feel better.. ^_^' i'm not very sure too.. take goodie care of yourself ok..

Thanx for the advice!!! That would probably help me!! ^_^

Live to Love, Love to Live~~
Signature

you could always get anti depressants(pills)

Signature Image

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Quote by shadowcat23you could always get anti depressants(pills)

I highly recommend against this. All that anti depressants do is numb your feelings. Depression is a natural occurance which will go away eventually. Trying to pump yourself full of drugs doesn't change anything. See my post above for why this is not a good idea.

once, I like be depressed and twice,
when Its too bad I eat chocolate and more chocolate and... hmmmm...
The world is so beautiful!! >_<"

SolidSnake2017

Gravy Train!!

Psychology is a pseudo-science. It has a dark history. Take it from Tom Cruise, he know it and you don't!

"If you bet there is no God and you win, you win nothing, but if you lose, you lose everything. If you bet there is a God and you win, you win everything, and if you lose, you lose nothing. Rationally speaking, God is the best bet." - Blaise Pascel
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signature Image
[No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...]

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.