Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Smart vs hardworking? What do you think? - Minitokyo

Smart vs hardworking? What do you think?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

I heard many people said that hardworking is the most important thing to be successful, smart is not the determinant fact.
One woman I know used to tell me that she need 98% hardworking and only 2% smart to be successful like she was at the moment, she was just lucky to have that 2%, without it, people can still be successful. So what do you think about it?
Thanks in advance guys ^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Yeah. I'd go for hardworking. I don't really like smart people. Like my stepdad for instance. He's smart and he gets pissed off easily and I hate it! And being smart gets people jelouse too. I think. But I prefer hardworking. Even thou your not that smart. Youore still doing the best you can. XD

edit: Hi Barbara!!

Signature Image

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I think a hardworking employee is more useful. They are more likely to just do as they are told. Smart employees have questions. Of course smart employees can save you time and money by seeing something you don't. I think you would want a hard-working employee with occassional moments of insight.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

i'd go for hardworking too cuz in the end its the effort that counts ^.^

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by BarbaraI heard many people said that hardworking is the most important thing to be successful, smart is not the determinant fact.
One woman I know used to tell me that she need 98% hardworking and only 2% smart to be successful like she was at the moment, she was just lucky to have that 2%, without it, people can still be successful. So what do you think about it?
Thanks in advance guys ^_^

I think it's absolutely right. ...There are bounds that depent on intellegence... ...But you won't get anywhere without effort. ...I've known folks that really... ...really, really... didn't grasp concepts, but made it through life with success.... ...I have also seen the "intellegent" fall to their own vanity and laziness. ...I agree... ...It's all about the hard work. ...The intellegence just gives a person an edge here and there... ...After all... ...Most of the world's problems were already solved. ...And you can be successful with out curing cancer. ;)

RahX101

RahX101

is it any wonder i cant sleep

you know if you're really smart, chances are you can become successful and not be so hardworking. I have a couple friends that can prove this. once they graduated they got jobs, "worked" hard for about a year or so, and now they have other people work for them. you can call them lazy, i know i do, but hey getting paid between $50-75k a year for doing nothing but boss other people around seems pretty successful to me >_<

Hardworking it is. I'm a hardworking type and my grades at school are not bad at all but some classmates consider themselves smart can't even have good grades as mine :\

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Haha, let's just say I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I work hard most of the time and knowing that I put effort in it makes me proud and happy. So I may not be smart, but I do my damn best!! ^^

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Lets just put it this way...no offense to you hardworking folks, but Id much rather be a lazy bastard physically and just use my intelligence to get ahead than grunt and groan and put forth lots of effort for comparitively little gain.

Intelligence all the way.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by TeryonLets just put it this way...no offense to you hardworking folks, but Id
much rather be a lazy bastard physically and just use my intelligence
to get ahead than grunt and groan and put forth lots of effort for
comparitively little gain.

I would rather use my intelligence as well, but of course, we all may have to work hard once in our lives to pay off the bills and support ourselves.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by TeryonLets just put it this way...no offense to you hardworking folks, but Id
much rather be a lazy bastard physically and just use my intelligence
to get ahead than grunt and groan and put forth lots of effort for
comparitively little gain.

i'll go with hardworking... it'd be nice to be lazy once in awhile, but even after awhile i'd get bored with that.

Signature Image

Naota85

Naota85

~A Regulator~

Im very smart but not a hardworker which would explain why i had to go to summer school so Hard working is better

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

I think a person should possess them both. He should be hardworking and at the same time smart. :)
If I compare a person that is hardworking with a smart person that is lazy.... I believe that the hardworking person is better. :)

Smart and Hardworking both works. I know the perfect examples of those. This guy in my class is extremely lazy, never does any homeworks, but he became the valedictorian. o.O That's because he knows want classes to take, and he scores 100s on most of them. On the other hand, one of my friend is not really smart, but he spends a lot of time studying, and he still passed with A's. But of course, the best would be possessing both traits.

Hehe,yeah,I think we all know that hardworking is important,but I still think smart is more important too!!^_^' I think if you have 100% smart and then yeah,you'll do things easier than other ppl.^_^

Try to be cool but..... Try to be easy but..... So I still do myself !!!

Hardworking is better... because you feel the satisfaction after you do something successfully & you feel proud of yourself. :)

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Though the requisite efforts certainly are necessary, many times the "smarts" as they say also take on large roles. In the grand scheme of things, the smarts recognizes the opportunity and the path, and only thereafter does effort lead one down that path.

Merely hardworking is admirable, but not enough. It would be too easy to lose oneself amidst the flurry of details and forget the overall aim that the hardwork is striving to achieve. The smarts would provide the hardwork the necessary direction for success.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

A school example: I am a very hard working person and I have an average of over 95(a+) and taht is why I often miss out on MT and trips and a weekend off-I study- A LOT. I have a poor memory and I work h.a.r.d. for my grades to be great.
My freind, Whitney, is smart,yet not at all hardworking. She passes all of her tests and even gets higher scores than me without even studying.
I feel very saddeened by the fact that I work h.a.r.d. to do the same things she does in the same time when she plays on teh computer and does better in school. I perfer, in this example at least,smart to hardworking.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Since I'm not so smart, I'll go with hardworking. I get exercise like that anyway, both mentally and physically.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

To be successful you must not be smart but be wise.
Knowing information is not as useful as knowing how to act.

Dufoe88

Dufoe88

Dressed to kill! BLAH!!..

Quote by asuzaHardworking is better... because you feel the satisfaction after you do
something successfully &amp; you feel proud of yourself. :)

iam with her or him
and btw.. do you mind telling me how can i make a theard ?

My last work "The Art Of Dufoe "

For me, both are important, but hardworking is better. If you're not smart, but you're a hardworker, your tasks will be finished, but it will not be as good as if a smart-hardworking person do the same task.
But, if you're smart but not a hardworker, you can't finish your tasks well.
So, I think hardworking is better.

NB: My English sucks, so I don't know if you can understand what I mean. T_T

Staff

Staff

RIP MT

Hardworking is not important to me... I had never really tried hard at anything in my life. I just stick with what I can do... and I manage to live happily.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

oh i believe being hardworking is much more important.. what's the use of being smart if you're lazy enough to use it.. but being smart is a strong compliment to a person who is hardworking..

hi barbara, it's been awhile since i last saw you..good to see you again..

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.