Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to select the character from the BG - Minitokyo

How to select the character from the BG

page 1 of 1 8 total items

paladin3056

paladin3056

::Warrior of Dark Chaos::

I just have a question for some experts in Photoshop:
What is the best way to select a character from the background, so that i can place the character in another background?
The method I use is by first erasing the rest of the background leaving only the character but it still proves to be a lengthly and aggravating job, although I heard that another way is to use the Lasso tool, but it takes long as well. So plz can anyone tell me the best way to do it so that I can be able to fininsh my planned wall.
Thx!!!

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

use polygonal lasso tool. You'll found this on the toolbar of photoshop or press "l" (keyboard shortcut). To make the selection soft, set the feather to 1-2 pixels. If the Lasso tool is active, you can see the 4 icons on the top (Menu bar) Use only the 2nd & 3rd one(Add to Selection & Subtract from Selection) that's useful.

just keep on famillarizing the tools before you make a walls(only my advice) ^_^'

parami

parami

The lord of Mystery place

I usually use pentool <P>. It take a long time to finish, but, I can make selection exactly :D

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Search for threads and tutorials on "extraction" or "extracting characters" for a variety of different methods people use.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i normally use polygonal lasso

sadly there is really no quick and easy way ^_^;;

Signature Image

If you are using photoshop just go to filte at the top and then click extract... use the highlighter to go around the object that you do want. Then use the fill tool when you are done and click the inside of what you highlighted. That should work for ya. Doesn't take to long either.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

If you are using photoshop, then first use the lasso tool to select tthe general area which the scan is in and delete everything else. Then use the polygon lasso tool to be more specific and then the magnetic lasso for the finish.

If you want more detailed help, go to good-tutorials.com and setrch 'extract' and you eill find a bunch of tuts.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

I like to make a layer mask when extracting. This makes it so that you can add to or subtract from the image at any time by editing the layer mask. I make a layer mask and use the polygonal lasso to select the general area of the scan I want to extract, invert the selection, and fill that area with black in the layer mask. And the magnetic lasso tool to finish the extraction.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.