Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Total Annihilation sequel : Supreme Commander - Minitokyo

Total Annihilation sequel : Supreme Commander

page 1 of 1 20 total items

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

http://uchan.uw.hu/Images/supreme.jpg

I just learned about this game not so long ago... and I almost ripped off my hair when I see it is comming only in 2006... you may ask why? Well, this is the sequel one of my all-time favorite strategy-action game Total Annihilation... If you never played this game, this was big hit in 1996 together with C&C... With Boneyards, the multiplaying was amazing, and lot of expansion (levels, units, missions) made the game playable over the years.

Supreme Commander review

Still any TA fan exist? Or just I am the only excited here? *^____^*

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

10 years for a sequel!? This is worse than Master of Orion (7 years) and even then the sequel is much worse than the previous game. I guess I'll wait till this game comes out and see how the consumers and reviewers are taking it. Yes, I am a fan of the TA game (looong time ago though).

Regards.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Too bad nobody interested in this great game ^^

[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

Nona

Nona

Tsubasa forever

I don't know of this game....ˇˇ
de biztos jo lehet, ha ennyire szereted :D
See ya!

It's not really a sequel, because Atari (I think) still holds the rights to TA.

It's a spiritual sucessor, though. Can't wait!

Oh yeah!!!! TA is back!!!! This will be a great game ever!!!!! Big robot is rule!!!!!

strategy games are alright
but after awhile of finishing the campaign it gets boring
TA was one of my favorite strat games but overall i wouldnt buy it XD

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Quote by lastlookstrategy games are alright
but after awhile of finishing the campaign it gets boring
TA was one of my favorite strat games but overall i wouldnt buy it XD

Huh interesting. IMO TA was one of the few game what was worth to buy. However, I bought C&C too but TA was definitly better (before anybody get a heartattack, I played with Dune 2 before and then C&C and Red Alert a lot too... but I remember how I spent whole nights with ta... how nostalgic ^^, )

Signature Image

Here's a link for a preview if you haven't seen one already for the game:

http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/supremecom/

My only complaint about the original game is that in multiplayer whoever had the fastest computer would often win. I think the original was awesome because of the unit diversity and great sea battles! Sadly, I don't think support will be very strong for the game at least like Blizzard does for their games.

I play a game for its multiplayer value anyhow, not how good the one player mode is. That's just me.

Oh yeah, it's gonna be badass ^^ Just hope my computer can play it when it comes out.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

I'm prepareing to upgrade my PC just for that game. Yes, it was a very under rated game. It came out at a time when RTS became a big thing. And Starcraft got more publicity than TA. TA however did a lot better than any other RTS games at that time. Plus the ability to download more units, playing on-line became and arms race. You downloaded what ever you could find, and you also looked for a way to counter it, because if you DL it odds are your opponent did to and will now use it against you.

I remember one guy kept building the giant Krogoth robot and kept sending them my way. I had started to set up the 6 barreled Big Berthas to gun them down. The game was just amazing. Realistic terrain features, Los and artillery fire. And my personal favorite saturation bombing by nuclear missiles.

I've seen the new sequel will have a zoom feature and there will be a reason for this. Mainly so you can see the mushroom cloud the nuke strikes form.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Quote by Duuz
I've seen the new sequel will have a zoom feature and there will be a
reason for this. Mainly so you can see the mushroom cloud the nuke
strikes form.

Dream of every strategic gamer ;D

Signature Image

ChinoMareno

ChinoMareno

This is a girl in the picture

What self-respecting gamer would not buy this game! Ill probably play this lan now :)
God knows how Cavedog went under, such an amazing and popular game, the only RTS game i feel has any depth other than WC3.

Finally they are making a sequel, only took 10 years to find an exectutive smart enough to pick up the franchise!!

Your avatar is an image which reflects your personality or an aspect of it. Minitokyo recommends against putting a female avatar if you are a male, and likewise for the other gender.

Quote by z2eiIt's not really a sequel, because Atari (I think) still holds the rights to TA.

Last I heard though, Microsoft employees the lead designer of TA. So I'm thinking Supreme Commander is a Microsoft game.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Quote by shatterblast

Quote by z2eiIt's not really a sequel, because Atari (I think) still holds the rights to TA.

Last I heard though, Microsoft employees the lead designer of TA. So I'm thinking Supreme Commander is a Microsoft game.

Wrong. Supreme Commander is developed by Gas Powered Gamse (with TA's original author Chris Taylor) and the publisher is THQ.

Signature Image

haha, and in every larger RTS related forums there are threads a dozen pages long already.....

I just want my gunship swarm back......

Seig Jion....Seig Jion

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Actually the staff that work at Cave and were responsible for TA are working at Atari now. And it's them that are planning this sequel.

And no word from Blizzard about a Starcraft II. Looks like TA II is going to be there for the next RTS revolution.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

rapchee

rapchee

brickhead

i loved ta too! even nowadays there is a (sort of) active modding community, so its still evolving into many ways
btw, i always loved air units, especially catching commanders in the beginning of the game, mwahahahahaa
and water units too
and now that i think of it, tanks and robots were great too, and defenses too BD

there are 10 kind of ppl: those who understand binary and those who do not

I hate strategy games in general, but Total Annihilation was one of the few that I actually did (and still do) love. It was so much fun to play, it ran on just about every sytem under the sun and was rock solid. One of my all time favorite games.

nightfire

nightfire

Drift King

Total Annihilation is great, but I say Star Wars: Empire at War is better.

Signature
Signature by PAche
Proud Admin of: System of a Down fans, Tokyo Mew Mew, RockmanEXE

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.