Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Suzuka another Lova Hina? - Minitokyo

Is Suzuka another Lova Hina?

Tagged under Suzuka

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

Well a lot of people told me is kinda similar to Love Hina because the setting is kinda similar by a guy moving to his aunt's but when i watched it Akatsuki the main character and Suzuka the girl who doesn't like him at first and then starts liking him a little bit, the anime didn't really seem like Love Hina except for the setting in which living in a all girls apartment.

Signature

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

^_^' didnt heard of Suzuka.. but it seems kinda similar to me.. OX
love hina is about the same isn't it?? T_T lolz.. i'm not sure.. >.<

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i've never heard of it....maybe i'll check that anime out sometime soon ^_^

It is kind of similar minus the severe beatings and it has its own typ of comedy. I've seen 2 eps so far and it is good for now.

ZGMF-X09A

Gundam SEED / Destiny Fanatic

I read the comic. Only the first book is similar. So do not worry that it is similar to Love Hina. It is quite a nice story really.

Is Suzuka *equally good*?

Quote by EnchanterIs Suzuka *equally good*?

Well just watch the first 2 eps that are out. I've watched the eps released by Lunar and I like it better then Love Hina.

saiyijinprince

saiyijinprince

Too tired to think....

Never heard of it but if it's similar to love hina, I'm gona check it out.

A real friend stabs you in the front

I wouldn't say its VERY similar. They do have the same settings and story plot though... but at least the guy doesn't wear glasses.

vanity-

Rider, my love...

Quote by EnchanterIs Suzuka *equally good*?

I wouldnt say equally good. The animation is kinda low budget seeing how beautifully done the manga is compared to the animation. The story sorta grows on you. So yea, story wise it's at par.

Signature
Dry your tears, Medusa... My queen...

same setting but it might be different

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

i dont think its similar, i think its different. The character and their personality and the story is different. Love Hina is more like comedy and suzuka is more like serious. Well, to tell the truth they are both really good anime.

ChunkySkillz

ChunkySkillz

~Kira Yamato~

Quote by YugureKazei've never heard of it....maybe i'll check that anime out sometime soon ^_^

I was about to write the same thing

Group Administrator of ~ Make-A-Friend ~ MT-Singapore ~ Kira-Lacus~Athrun-Cagalli

Signature Image
Friends need not agree in everything or go always together, or have no comparable other friendships of the same intimacy. On the contrary, in friendship union is more about ideal things: and in that sense it is more ideal and less subject to trouble than marriage is.

I'm watching this anime as closely as Tsubasa Chronicles.
Suzuka didn't deceive me at all. It's more serious type of relationship than Love Hina.

Really, you should try it ^^

Love Hina is harem/romance driven by slapstick comedy
Suzuka is drama/romance driven by angsty melodrama

the similarities only go so far as the initial setup (guy moving into his Aunt's female student dorm)
there are a million and one animes/mangas that start out like that tho

they're both lousy as far as I'm concerned

I don't think it's anything like Love Hina. I really like the series and am looking forward to adding the manga to my collection.

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Setting is the same (Harem / Bath-house / moving to "start new")

but after the settings are established the rest of the story is a very different take on 'romance' and 'drama' than Love Hina approaches.

I definitely appreciate Love Hina's Anime more than I do Suzuka's, but I think Suzuka's Manga is amazing and is equal (if not slightly better) than Love Hina. (Just my 2 cents). I would say anyone who liked Love Hina like I did should at least give Suzuka a chance. It's a more 'mature' approach IMO

-Boojitsu21

I would unfortunately say that they are not close to equal.

Love Hina manages to (even through unintelligent filler-material at times) to amuse episode after episode, while it also keeps the harem & romance feeling alive with slow (yet powerful) development. Off-topic: Otohime <3

Suzuka, on the other hand, (the anime) swiftly fell through due to the predictability and the nature of the anime - and hell, is it really necessary to pronounce the names of the protagonists 1000 times in 5 episodes? The melodramatism did not work out well with the goals of the characters, and at points I really felt like watching the show was meaningless (somehow, I still ended up watching it).
I do understand why people like the anime and manga, and perhaps compared to another anime, I would have given it more praise for different aspects.
And this is only my personal opinion, of course.

Honestly, I've come to love Suzuka (the manga way more than the anime, even if it's just for content) more than one of my favourites, Love Hina. I even bought all the manga on amazon today, it's touched my heart so deeply. I've never purchased manga even, just read it on the internet, yet I love this so much. It's a complex love story that features humour at times in the series, yet can become so engrossingly deep. It's brought tears to my eyes multiple times. In the manga, the ending was so unexpectedly fantastic I read it over and over again. Definitely a timeless story that will not grow old. The anime does not do Suzuka justice, and if you really would like to read an amazingly touching love story, read the manga. If anyone ever wants to talk about it, I'm here!

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.