is 1200x900 ok?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Cancel

I just made a wall thats 1200x900. In the submission guideline, it doesn;t mention this resolution but it does say a 4:3 ration. Well 1200x900 is 4:3 so is it ok?

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Cancel

I do not belive so; the sizes in the submission guidelines are those that are the most commonly used screen resolutions and are the only ones that are accepted. The 4:3/5:4 ratio is merely saying which category the resolutions are in, since there are several:
4:3/5:4 (common TFT and LCD ratios)
16:9 (common widescreen ratio)
4:6/5:8 (common dualscreen ratios)
Your best bet is probably to resize to 1152x864 (the nearest lower resolution) for right now, and to design at a common screen resolution as mentioned in the FAQ for future submissions.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Cancel

or go one up and go to 1280x1024 as thats a common somewhat resolution these days

Signature Image

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Cancel

Quote by Tama-Neko
Your best bet is probably to resize to 1152x864 (the nearest lower resolution) for right now, and to design at a common screen resolution as mentioned in the FAQ for future submissions.

But if I lower the size by a bit, wont it be blurry or pixelated? And 1152x864 does not meet the requirement because it doesnt have 1000000 pixels... the next nearest one is 1280x1024 which is pretty far...

Quote by speedfreek19or go one up and go to 1280x1024 as thats a common somewhat resolution these days

won't it be pixelated?

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image

Cancel

If you're looking for a 4:3 standard resolution you can use 1280x960, I saw lots of wallpapers using that resolution. Anyway, resizing to 1152x864 shouldn't lead to a very notable quality loss using Lanczos algoritm (and most of programs uses it).

Signature
-+| Signature by me |+-

• Jul 16, 2005

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Cancel

OK, but I want an official answer from a mod..

Signature Image

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Cancel

Quote by hongrboiAnd 1152x864 does not meet the requirement because it doesnt have 1000000 pixels...

The 1 million pixel requirement is for the scans gallery only. The wallpaper, doujinshi and abstract galleries do not have this requirement, as evidenced by the abundance of 1024x768 wallpapers and smaller pieces of doujinshi work.
Sizing down will generally not result in significant quality loss since you are compressing the same data into a smaller image size - just make sure you are using a bicubic (or bilinear) resizing algorithm and not a "nearest neighbor" algorithm. Sizing up can result in significant quality loss because the computer must guess how to stretch your existing image into a larger canvas. That is why I suggested sizing down to the 1184 resolution instead of up to the 1280 resolution.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Cancel

OK thanks for all the replies. Probelm solved.

Signature Image

Cancel

My laptop use 1200x800

• Jul 22, 2005
Cancel

hm.... me laptob 1024*8?? hohoho

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.