Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Alcohol and Drugs - Minitokyo

Alcohol and Drugs

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Okay what do you guys think of these to topics. It would appear that kids are experimenting with drugs and alcohol at a younger and younger age.

Personally I can't really understand why they do this. After numerous warnings and seeing the effects they continue to do these drugs and drink alcohol. There are numerous drugs out there that kids are trying these days like speed, shrooms, pot, etc. I mean they hear about kids there ages dying because of experimentation but it never stops them. Now they are even trying prescription drugs. I have never tried drugs nor will I ever. Just like with alcohol teens drink themselves to death. Yet this doesn't stop other teens from continueing to drink.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

My uncle gave me a beer when i was ten.

Cagalli22

Cagalli22

~Dreamer~

Quote by KrewMy uncle gave me a beer when i was ten.

That would freek me out, personally!
Yes Spystreak, it seems like people are doing drugs, gettnig high, and drunk a lot younger..at least 30 of the kids out of my whole grade (about 110ish students) have gotten high, drunk, stoned, or all of them more than once. I'm kinda scared of it all so I try to stay away from those people, but it's still really scairy!

Dance ~ As Though No One Is Watching You
Sing ~ As Though No One Can Hear You
Love ~ As Though You Have Never Been Hurt Before
Live ~ As Though Heaven Is On Earth

Alcohol in moderation is not bad but Drugs are almost always bad.

I am a self-proclaimed super genius and the future potentate of the universe; you may bow before me if you wish.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by toutousaiAlcohol in moderation is not bad but Drugs are almost always bad.

Yup you have an excellent point. My aunts and uncles drink but in moderation. Which I am fine with. BUt some people just don't know when to quit.

Quote by Cagalli22

Quote by KrewMy uncle gave me a beer when i was ten.

That would freek me out, personally!
Yes Spystreak, it seems like people are doing drugs, gettnig high, and drunk a lot younger..at least 30 of the kids out of my whole grade (about 110ish students) have gotten high, drunk, stoned, or all of them more than once. I'm kinda scared of it all so I try to stay away from those people, but it's still really scairy!

Yeah that's like like 125 people out of the 230 guys in my class. It's sad really that so many teenagers are exposing themselves to such things. What's worse is they pressure others into following in their foot steps.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

yeah, its pretty scary, but i think most of these people are just pretty freaking stupid for doing it anyways even though they know the side effeccts, like you said ~_~

Signature Image

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

~Title eh?~ *evil*

I think sometimes it gotta do with their lives. Like peer pressure. Or parents divorcing, stress. Children at a young age might take drugs because of these. Maybe a solution or another way to suicide? Recently, I had a cousin who was caught smoking in his room by my aunt. I was told not tabacco, it was pot or something and I don't know why he did it.
Alcohol isn't that bad =/ People drink for parties, etc..but binge drinking or drinking too much can be ad of course =/ I drank beer when I was like 8 and it tasted bad...So I never drank alcohol until now.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I don't care for either. They're depressants whose only purpose is to deteriorate the body. However, as long as their not doing it around me, I'm not one to complain, it's their bodies. Age limits are set by those who think they know best, but don't necessarily do. Like 12, I can understand, 16, kinda pushing it, etc.

i take issue when these people decide to go nuts with it, and hurt others around them.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Ok... I drink, and I'll have to add... I like to, but I know the diference between geting drunk, and drinking like a person... I personaly don't like to be drunk, but it happens... now, I have never been layaing on the ground sleeping over my own puke, but I've seen people who seem to enjoy it, can't really understan why thoe...
drugs... I do... I smoke weed, and I actually have a club bout it here at MT, if U wanna chek it out, please do, its called chillinSpot, the link is over my sig.
now why do I do this?, cuz I like feeling, and what tha hell, It helps me tranquilize...
I'm aware that it is a drug, and I don't expect U to belive me, and U'll probably think "yeah, sure thats what everybody says..." but I am able to stop smoking, but I don't wanna.
I don't have the need to smoke after a while, I don't need to and I'm glad bout it, and I know that I will have to say enouf at the moment that I say "man... I need some weed!", but I think I'm not going that way.
I wanna invite U to give me Ur opinions bout it personally at my GB just click my avi.
I'll cyaround, un abrazo a todos

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

as long as the drugs are not done in my general vicinity what people choose to do to their own bodies is their choice. i for one, don't see the appeal in them, but that's just me. i also don't see the appeal in getting drunk. it's like "oooo let's play games and get intoxicated and act stupid!" (this coming from one who has been the DD a couple times...) all i've ever had are sips of various liquors and glasses of wine. none of which have appealed to my taste buds. however, i don't think that kids should be drinking any younger than 16 (and even THAT is pushing it a little bit...)

Signature Image

staplefreak6

staplefreak6

I love Vincent!

its stupid and their only doing it for popularity........i've managed to get a few friends to stop the drugs.....i dont see why they think its cool *shakes head* caused my family to die off! it sucks...i was never able to meet part of my family because of damn drugs...i wish the production of them would stop!

Signature Image

i luff u vinny!!!! ^_^

yeah drinking in moderation is ok but getting pissed all the time is just stupid ,bassicaly like throwing away days of your life...people who do that from my experience do it just to be "cool" they think they're reall tough and all the chicks will like them..i know one person who is actually sad enough to try and pretend that he's drunk.....

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Well here is a thought. People make decisions based on there own experiences right? So, I think alot of younger kinds are trying drugs and alcohol at a younger age because they don't have the experience to really understand the consequences. They have not learned enough to realize they should actually listen to and believe their family, friends, or whoever when they tell them that such substances are bad. I mean you know you shouldn't stick your hand on a hot stove burner, but do you really know it in your head until you actually burn yourself? The problem with drugs and alcohol is that these substances are so dangerous you often don't get a second chance after your initial bad experience. It is too late when your dead in a car accident or brain damaged from an overdose.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by wolfcoWell here is a thought. People make decisions based on there own experiences right? So, I think alot of younger kinds are trying drugs and alcohol at a younger age because they don't have the experience to really understand the consequences. They have not learned enough to realize they should actually listen to and believe their family, friends, or whoever when they tell them that such substances are bad. I mean you know you shouldn't stick your hand on a hot stove burner, but do you really know it in your head until you actually burn yourself? The problem with drugs and alcohol is that these substances are so dangerous you often don't get a second chance after your initial bad experience. It is too late when your dead in a car accident or brain damaged from an overdose.

I see what your saying but there are stories about this on the news all the time. You'd think they learn from the news that these things are bad and can kill them. No they and their parents do nothing to stop it in alot of cases. I've seen it they don't know what to do and their trying to find help. Well they wouldn't need help if they beat it into their stupid kids that drugs and alcohol will kill them if they are not careful. Yes I am aware of the fac that this may actually make kids want to try drugs just to prove to their parents taht it isn't so bad as they think.

Signature

Siri

Siri

Suou

Curiousity killed the cat? You can say its peer pressure but come on
I'll admit it
I'm curious.
I won't do drugs ever, but i'm still curious. Actually I have a lot of friends who've done it before and haven't come out worse for wear.
Of course there are plenty of people who have.

As for drinking haha.. getting tipsy can be amusing in a good environment. You just have to know when to do what.
On the other hand I know a lot of girls and guys who like to get drunk as an excuse to get it up on any other member of the other sex and blame it on the influence of alcohol lmao.
I was going to say what wolfco said but its already said now ahhaha.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

ChinoMareno

ChinoMareno

This is a girl in the picture

Blah i drink but i hate getting wasted for nothing, You know somethings wrong if you need to be drunk. Personally I become really self aware and turned off, then i usually stear through the table and fall asleep.
My 'old' best mate deals speed now, such a retard now and he doesn't see how hes changed.
Oh yeah, never try crystal method it changes people very quickly into losers.
(dealers should not sample their own goods, it just means you use your mates to supply your habits)

Your avatar is an image which reflects your personality or an aspect of it. Minitokyo recommends against putting a female avatar if you are a male, and likewise for the other gender.

rapchee

rapchee

brickhead

i drink and occasionally smoke, and rarely, when i have the chance, even smoke weed. when i do i usually do it cause i feel like waste, and it doesnt really matter if i die earlier, sometimes i think it'd be even better. kids probably not like that. maybe its because suicidal ppl may look cool - dont care about a thing, and all that sh*t.
i used to be a 'good kid' til about 16, than started drinking, met hentaii - and all turned bad
just kiddin
anyways when im really down, i eat chockolete, drink alcohol, and it tranquilizes me, and helps me to the next day.
man i sound awfully depressed, but im not that bad actually
althou i dont really feel ok for sure

there are 10 kind of ppl: those who understand binary and those who do not

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.