Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Google Earth - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

Have you heard of this program?...well if not then its about time...( i just heard about it some days ago in the night)
Google has made a Program that is free to use and is able to zoom anywhere on the world...but Not all cities are covered in high resolution...so some places you can see very good and some not...as much as i have heard Google buyed a rusian satelite last year..and now whit that satelite(wrong spelled?) they have gatherd pic's all over the world and put it all together...but the pic's/what you see when you use the program can be more days old...but they are updating all the time.... for people who whant to know more about this program they can find more here

Google Earth

if this thread is a dublication i am sorry

It is time for you to drown

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I have this program ^-^ It's 'cute', but I don't find any real use in it...

It seems just like a glorified way of looking at a map to me. Other than novelty value I don't see how much use it is.

Tias

Tias

Quote by android808It seems just like a glorified way of looking at a map to me. Other than novelty value I don't see how much use it is.

can a book maybe zoom VERY close in?..no it cant....well atleast that program can show better then what you can see in a book or anything els....

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

i have it... its pretty cool i guess.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

o wow! ive never heard about it! XD *im oblivious to about anything...* thx much for telling us! XD

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

well i have it but i guess its no use if i don't use it.

Signature

Tias

Tias

Quote by someguy66well i have it but i guess its no use if i don't use it.

ummmm ^_^' then why did you get it anyway?

Quote by IcyFyreo wow! ive never heard about it! XD *im oblivious to about anything...* thx much for telling us! XD

well then u heard about it now....but the pictures som places can be very old

It used to be a program by nvidia called the keyhole viewer.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I've heard of it but I can't find a good use of it. If it was live satellite feed, then that would be something useful...

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Tias

Tias

Quote by hongrboiI've heard of it but I can't find a good use of it. If it was live satellite feed, then that would be something useful...

yeah...i know..some of the photos they have are from winter o_O

I gives directions on how to get somewhere and I think that it's cool just to fly around a find things. I like to go sight seeing.

By the way guys, I just found something I didn't knew about google today...

moon.google.com

o_O

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

I encourage you guys to check out google moon

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

google earth is the shiz-night

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

Google Earth is entertaining. Sure, it's a nifty program, but I'm not sure how frequently it's updated. It still shows my house as a bunch of trees, and we haven't had that much tree cover since we cut a good deal of them down after the ice storm. x_x

Signature

Tias

Tias

Quote by hiddensnakehandsI encourage you guys to check out google moon

so..see the moon and maybe find some aliens? XD

Quote by ThePandaGoogle Earth is entertaining. Sure, it's a nifty program, but I'm not sure how frequently it's updated. It still shows my house as a bunch of trees, and we haven't had that much tree cover since we cut a good deal of them down after the ice storm. x_x

i know...even if its new they stil hasent updated most of the photos....

anjovu

anjovu

the Eternal Traveller

Google Earth reminds me World Wind 1.3 of nasa.
a big software (130Mo) to download using a lot of CPU Resources, and with the whole add-one for off-line consulting one DVD5 (4.6Go) is not enough.

Both are the same, interesting but not for normal use, just get if one day fancy to see the town where you live.
About Moon Google,
go there http://moon.google.com/ and zoom to the maximun...
A surprise waiting 4 ya.

xshintax

Gif files are Compu$erve

If you don't wantto download that, you can just look at maps.google.com.

Wtf is your problem?!?

Why the f*** do I need to use proprietary filetypes in my signature and avatar? Stupid Minitokyo... STUPID COMPU$ERVE! Use png instead.

I have it its kind of cool because i can see places on the other side of the world or someplaces i have never seen before

Signature

Machika

Machika

Angel of the Night

I've never heard about this "program" before!!! What is it like? What can you do in this program?

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

It's fairly cool, just for the novelty - I can't honestly say I'm amazed at the technology or anything, but I'm certainly amazed that they're allowed to show it.

Take a look at Washington, DC. Most of it is in high detail, but the White House itself is quite low-res. in comparison. Shows that they either care about White House security a whole lot, or they are forced to blur it; I really do wonder which.

hmmm my mum was talking about a program like this. swceet
thank for making this thread so i could see.

Now i can spy on my friend XD jk. i know that it's not a 24 hour camera and just photo's

(edit) + i have to agree with what fredgreg said. I also am amazed that they would show it.

adventchildvii

adventchildvii

Psychotic Soul

I just got it to have it for some entertainment and curiosity use, I don't really see any practical use though.

\"Is it surprising that prisons resemble factories and that schools, barracks and hospitals resemble prisons?.\"
God Didn\'t Create Man; Man Created God

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.