Suggestions for good multiplayer PS2 games?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Cancel

It's midway through the summer and my friends and I are starting to get bored. I purchased a PS2 at the start of the summer to help pass the time, but since I've been a PC gamer practically all my life, I don't really know about the releases in the console world (the last console I owned was a Genesis).

Does anybody have some good recommendations on multiplayer games out there? I'm not looking to spend more than $30, and it must also have good single player capabilities as well. It could even be a singler player game that is fun to take turns at. I'm not a big fan of sports games and I have a few racing sims (along with Katamari Damacy). We've been playing Burnout3, but we're quickly approaching endgame conditions.

So... suggestions?

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Cancel

I suggest Killzone and Metal Slug 4&5.
i think both are 2 player, (not sure about Killzone, it might have more) and I found both quite entertaining.
Killzone is a FPS in a slightly futureistic world. I mainly played it for the single player mode but its a pretty good multiplayer game too.
Metal Slug is old arcade fun. Each are 5-6 levels long and for newcomers, hard. I have not played this alone, since the extra firepower really helps.

• Jul 18, 2005
Cancel

Ah, you beat me to it, raptorfb - Killzone was the first game that popped into my head too. :) Though I will second its mention.

But shockingly enough, Star Wars: Battlefront wound up being pretty decent, I thought. It's fairly bare bones, and won't be winning any beauty contests in the next...well, ever, but it's easy to just pick up and play for five minutes or an hour or whatever you're looking for. Whether you're into Star Wars or not, I think it's about as amusing either way.

I don't know if you guys are into shooters at all (e.g. Gradius V, Raiden Project, etc.), but some of those have multiplayer modes as well, and might entertain you for a bit.

Or there's always the eight hundred ninety-seventh incarnation of Bubble Bobble, which has yet to cease to be amusing. :)

QVOD VITA FACIMVS AETERNITATE SONABIT.

• Jul 18, 2005

dayspa

FOLLOW THE WHiTE RABBiT ... o_O

Cancel

obscure is a horror game. it's kind of funny at the same time. you should check it out.

• Jul 18, 2005

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Cancel

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'll be hitting up the mall today to see if I can find anything interesting. :)

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Cancel

*civy salute*

No problem, kawaiiguy - happy hunting. :)

QVOD VITA FACIMVS AETERNITATE SONABIT.

• Jul 24, 2005

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Cancel

Well... after browsing through EB for about half an hour, my friend and I came up with a copy of DOA2:Hardcore for PS2. Once we got it home, we played for hours on end. It's absolutely rediculous! I'm very impressed by the gameplay engine (and graphics, but I'm so desensitized to all that stuff as it is...)

Signature Image

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Cancel

doa2: Hardcore will last you for a little while. Pick up Timesplitters 2. That game has an awsome single player mode, it has co op, and the multiplayer is the deepest I've seen for an FPS. Or you could pick up Timesplitters: Future Perfect because it has online, but I'm not saying that I recommend it because I haven't tried it. It will be a little more than $30, but it will probably be worth it.

Even if this post is a little late, it'll help for future reference ^_^'

HTML Coding Hates Me...

• Jul 24, 2005
Cancel

Might be a bit late for it, but if your into driving, pick up a copy of Grand Turismo 3 or 4 (3 is cheaper of course).

• Jul 24, 2005

AcesHigh521

AcesHigh521

Dance Ren, Dance!

Cancel

Well I would say Monster Hunter. When that game first came out it was so fun cause every1 was a low rank hunter and every1 had crap armor and weapons. But now every1 has the best weapon in game and all that crap so it got boring. However if you AND your friends went and bought the game, you can hunt with eachother online. It'll be much funner than playing with like 1 or 2 other noobs/restarters. Go to IGN.com and search Monster Hunter. Btw Monster Hunter 2 hasnt been released in japan yet so I think itll take a while for it to come here.

AcesHigh, over and out.

• Jul 24, 2005

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Cancel

Quote by raptorfbMight be a bit late for it, but if your into driving, pick up a copy of Grand Turismo 3 or 4 (3 is cheaper of course).

My friend had GT4. I played that game to death. I don't really want to get a new copy because that'd mean I'd have to start over... That would be a major pain. I'm a big fan of the new B-Spec mode, since it makes some of the more challenging races simpler (24 hour endurance race, anyone?)

Of course, at the point I stopped, we'd finished 80%+ of the game... I'm not in the mood to start over.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.