Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you judge Anime by their Title? - Minitokyo

Do you judge Anime by their Title?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 63 total items

Firefly

Firefly

Elegant Eyes

Whats your first impression on an anime from just their Title?

Me?
I really thought Perfect Blue would be something about the sea with a romance theme...
but it so so weird! I dislike it.

Naruto, hearing this title just made me feel thats it's gonna be rubbish.
I guess it's coz it's a name, I thought the sam for Inuyasha...
but really it was a great anime!

itsDchlorine

itsDchlorine

The Yin & The Yang

i do that sometiems i got to admit it like AIrmaster sounded like a killer anime it turned out to be the worst possible thing u can watch lol it puts shame onto japanese anime but sometimes i do give anime with weird names a chance so its all good

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

most titles don't give away much. A lot of titles are in japanese and unless u understand it you can't tell.

But of course the title will give us some kind of impression.
Examples:
Ninja Scroll: I expected to see ninjas
Love Hina: The word "love", I thought it was another love comedy (and it was)

Haia

Haia

:.:Dies Irae:.:

I don't know. I just sense it'll be good and most of the time it is. In very rare moments...it's vice-versa. But what I really care about is the anime...example I watch an anime and I have to know the title or I'll be so pissed off I won't watch it until I know what anime it is then all goes well after. I watched Inuyasha because I've heard great things on the title. Same with Ayashi no Ceres.

Signature Image

Dreadwing

Dreadwing

The Shadows...

I judge their animaton sometimes but not by thier title, I watch everything so it doesn't really matter...Lol I don't even know what they mean so....

Darkness and light forever they fight.....

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

Of course not! I first search infos about the anime and after i search images... if i continue interesting in this anime i watch it :D

Signature

At first I did, but now that I've seen enough to know otherwise, I check w/ animenfo first. When I first started dling anime, kiddy grade scared me to no end... didn't want to even seen screencaps from it, but it's turned out to be one of my favorites =).

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Eto...no...It's like Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito...I wouldn't NOT watch it because it has a title that some peole would find wierd...O.O Sometimes titles give things away, though ^^ Like Kino no Tabi/Kino's Journey - obviously it involves a journey right??? XD

I think all of us, when we first started lookin at anime, looked at the titles when deciding what to watch. I know i did. But we learn....now i decide what to watch based on what genere it's in.

Laser

AkaKori

I just need to see one piece of artwork before I decide whether I'll like it or not. One look at a female character will give you all the information you need.

Besides, I often hear about animes while they're still only have the Japanese title so I cannae understand what the title means anyway.

Machinae Supremacy - The origin of SiD-metal. Rock plus SiD sound chip (C64/Amiga/etc). Go to: www.machinaesupremacy.com
Machinae forums: http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

First, confuse because I don't understand what the title say, (specially if is in japanese), but after looks it and see if the story is interesting and etc., I decide if is a anime I must continue seeing

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

I don't really judge by titles due to I watch/look up completely random animes. (Ex: Saint Beast, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist)

ludoman

ludoman

Hentai Seeker

Sometimes I judge a little but I usually download a ep for testing, but not always the first ep shows how it is the serie!

free yourself from hate
and don't die all alone
else one day you'll break
and you won't stop till the last bone!

For me the title doesn't matter that much, but visualy I have to like it...but, the tittle doesn't have that big-of-effect on me... art work yes..

I've never watched an Anime based on it's title. If you judge an Anime based on it's title alone and decide not to see it you might be missing out. The title doesn't reflect how the Anime will be, it's just a label.

Well, I watch the anime basically judge on the story or graphic. Title doesn't matter to me as long as the storyline is great and pretty graphic.

if the title sounded interesting i would want to find out more on it. but i don't judge on how good or bad the anime is until i see it.

~mintyness~
Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

No. I judge anime by its...females... :D

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

lol I don't think it's a good idea to judge anime on their name...Some have names that don't make sense or names that have nothing to do with the anime.

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

If your Talking about first impressions of the names or some of the animation. I have made it a key note not to judge the anime by it's cover! Cause I thought that Inuyasha was going to be bad cause my brother said it was suppose to be really dark. Mainly cause it has been regularly known as horror. I don't know how but oh well anyway I was cruzing the internet nad I decided to give it a try. I haven't been able to stop! This has happened many many times! So I no longer judge it before I watch at least 5 episodes cause by then if it doesn't interest you then it probably won't later but you can always go back and try again later. LOL :P

thanos2014

thanos2014

power ranger ^^

more times, friends tell me about if an anime is good or not. . .

dahl

dahl

The light angel

I don't think so. Most of the titles are in japanese and since I don't understand japanese, I can't judge them by their title. Besides, for me is more important the plot and the characters.

Member of [Hispanime]

I usually find most anime titles are pretty descriptive in their titles like Kino's Journey or New Mobile Suit War Chronicle Gundam Wing or New Legend of Snow White Pretear. So you can get an idea of what you are gonna watch.

Other times you get titles like Cowboy Bebop which in itself will make you think...plain western anime ~_~ not some awesome scifi action series at all. CB was a very entertaining anime to watch for me, though if I had just seen the title, it may not have caught my eye.

Another is My Neighbor Totoro. Doesn't sound very exciting of a title and the title suggests something like a story about a neighbor next door to your home...something sedate. But MNT is a fantasy fairy tale anime with giant Totoro!. Very fun to watch.

So I will generally watch the first few eps or read the synops and find some screen shots/images before I dismiss a title.

But if say a series has a name like...Sexy Commando...I'll just stay away. ^_^

I don't think I've ever judged anything by it's title. By how it looks maybe, but not the title.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 63 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.