Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Funny Work Stories (dumb customers, bosses, etc) - Minitokyo

Funny Work Stories (dumb customers, bosses, etc)

page 1 of 1 20 total items

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Someone made a thread about this in another forum I'm on and I found it pretty amusing so I thought I would make on here. ^_^ I searched and I didn't find anything, but my bad if this is a duplicate thread.

Anyway, if you have a job, what are some funny things that people have done there? I work at a grocery store as a cashier, and sometimes when its slow my lane will be empty. Well, customers seem to think an empty lane means its closed, even though I'm standing right there in plain sight. So I get people who walk by me, stare down my lane and at me, and then go "Are you open??" No! I'm not! Why else would I be standing here? XD

I also had a guy come in once and ask a group of us (me and a couple baggers) who were standing around and talking (it was slow) if we worked there. Mind you we were all wearing uniform shirts and I was standing behind my register. The guy noticed the shirts right after he said it and I said "Nah, these shirts are just the 'in' thing right now. We don't really work here". He laughed and said he was sorry.

Share your amusing work stories here! XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Limefreak

Limefreak

So many Limes so little time

Well hm.... when my dad worked in fast food....
a lady ordered a Dr.Pepper and my dad repeated the order as

Quote: Sure, one Dr.Pecker is that all?

when the lady got up to the window she glared at my dad...
^_^' that was a pretty :) :D :) :D funny and all at the same time weird accident........
anyway glad to entertain ya! ;)

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

XD Dr. Pecker....that's great haha.

Oh yeah I have another one. I used to work at a Wendy's a few years ago, and I always thought it was funny when people "Biggie Sized" their combo meals and then orded a Diet Pepsi. Kinda defeats the point doesn't it? XD I'd get people who would come through and ask for Big Macs and Whoppers too. Wrong restaurant! XD

Signature

Well, as some of my friends know, i work in kikiwai (anime store in chinatown) , where i live. And well one busy day, with crazed 40 year old anime fans, this 18 year old man walks up to the counter and stares at me. So i look around and said "Sir, may i help you?" he just continues staring at me. So i stare back sarcasticlly O.O
His left eye starts twitching and he falls backwards. I run to his aid but when i get around the counter..he isn't on the floor anymore..but looking at the manga section...singing o.0
And it was extremely funny though... he was singing..
"Look at the pretty girl..at the counter!! MEOW MEOW meow~~ Look at her huge breasts...MEOW MEOW meow... a kitty can get some good milk from those MEOW MEOW meow~~ Look at her big booty... MEOW MEOW MEOW~~"
And i was standing behind him wide eyes O.O, and my boss was standing next to me and said..."Ah, i see you met my brother." XD

It was insane..

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

Quote by toxictea23
looking at the manga section...singing o.0
"Look at the pretty girl..at the counter!! MEOW MEOW meow~~ Look at her
huge breasts...MEOW MEOW meow... a kitty can get some good milk from
those MEOW MEOW meow~~ Look at her big booty... MEOW MEOW MEOW~~"
And i was standing behind him wide eyes O.O, and my boss was standing
next to me and said..."Ah, i see you met my brother." XD
It was insane..

omfg are you seriouse?!
thats terrible!!
i wouldve socked that guy upside the head as hard as i could and send him flying through the wall even if it was my boss's brother!!
geez....

Signature Image

AngelicRhapsody

AngelicRhapsody

Mmm...Yaoi...

I work at Target...more specifically Food Avenue, the snack bar type thing at Target...so I get people who ask me really stupid questions...like for example, when I close (which is an hour before the store closes) I get people who will come up to the counter and ask me "Are you closed?" Now, my lights are off, I've thrown away all the left over stuff and I'm cleaning up...and I just look at the person and say 'Yes I am, I close at 9." Most people will leave after that, but some people will still try to order stuff!

Then there are the people who just lack any common sense. This one time our Icee machine broke and we had someone come out to fix it. Now, the guy had the Icee machine torn apart, I mean there were wires sticking out and everything, and this woman walks right past him, and comes up to the counter and asks me if she can get an Icee. I just looked at her...now there was no way she could have missed the guy...it's not like Food Ave's a big area...and she did walk right past him and there's not alot of space between the drink counter and the tables, not to mention that it's right by the counter....I wanted to say lady look...the guy's got the thing torn apart do you think you can buy an Icee?! But I didn't I just said "no I'm sorry ma'am it's out of order."...people really worry me...

Apparently I had a momentary lapse of sanity which I have yet to recover from.

notdante

notdante

Who wants Turkey-dogs?!!!?!!

toxictea that is really really crazy, i would say thats just like a weird dream. im not shure if should laugh my butt off or be horrified.
anyway
i worked for a amusement ride at a state fair last summer(yay carnies). the girl who worked the cash register thought the boss was hot and would try and get a glimps of him when ever she could, she was 18 i think, she would try and see if she could talk to him when ever she could, i found that funny.

also i heard about someone who didnt card someone who was buying alcohol and they where underage or so and he got cought and now has to pay fines and the store lost its liquor licence and the guy said they never tought him to card people, i heard from someone else who works there that carding was included in the oriantation, plus how can you not know that you should check if someone is underage if they look young. not as interesting but oh well.

Signature

(\_/)
(o.O)
(0 0) This is Bunny's weird twin. Copy Bunny's weird twin into your signature to help him on his way to eating all of the pies on the planet.

toxictea23...wow!! that experience was sure freaky if it would have been me....^_^' though it sure as hell sounds funny...hehehe :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

AcesHigh521

AcesHigh521

Dance Ren, Dance!

Quote by toxictea23Well, as some of my friends know, i work in kikiwai (anime store in
chinatown) , where i live. And well one busy day, with crazed 40 year
old anime fans, this 18 year old man walks up to the counter and stares
at me. So i look around and said "Sir, may i help you?" he just
continues staring at me. So i stare back sarcasticlly O.O
His left eye starts twitching and he falls backwards. I run to his aid
but when i get around the counter..he isn't on the floor anymore..but
It was insane..

Theres a china town in canada?

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

when i used to work retail, a couple of times guys asked for my phone number, and i'd be thinking "ewwwwww...are you nuts?" and then i just give them the number of my work place... lol!!! and i'd also get customers trying to return clothes that were obviously worn and washed demanding for a full refund..do they have no shame??

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Haha, that's funny bbls. ^_^ People would bring up half-eaten burgers at Wendy's and say the burger was cold and try to get a new one. Normally we'd just kinda laugh at them XD

Signature

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

Quote by toxictea23Well, as some of my friends know, i work in kikiwai (anime store in
chinatown) , where i live. And well one busy day, with crazed 40 year
old anime fans, this 18 year old man walks up to the counter and stares
at me. So i look around and said "Sir, may i help you?" he just
continues staring at me. So i stare back sarcasticlly O.O
His left eye starts twitching and he falls backwards. I run to his aid
but when i get around the counter..he isn't on the floor anymore..but
It was insane..

LOL
haha i cant stop laughing...
well... i dont work a lot...only at a plants company...but nothing funny happend ther yet what i know...-_-"

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

well i have a female friend that put up an "ad" for baby sitting and / or washing the dishes in a bar / restaurant, with her phone number and all, and now there're guys calling her a lot, saying "i'm an amateur photograph, would you like to take pics" or "would you come with me to the beach?" and such....... lol XP she should change her cell number now

about my work, i'm actually employed in the hospital, in the ORL area (where you take care of the ear, the mouth and the neck basically and the nose too), but it's pretty close to the ophtalmology area where it's for the eye injury. mark you it's very easy to see where you are, cause we've got those big explanations everywhere on the walls..
but everyday, i mean everyday, we get ppl (usually two, with one with a hand on his / her eye) coming up to me and ask "where are the ophtalmo urgencies?"... so now i kinda see them coming from afar, with the usual "hand on the eye pose" ;)

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

lol, i have two major jobs lol, and in one of them I register ppl into a convention, so to speak. lol, this guy comes up to me to pay for 50 ppl to come in at 45 dollars each, which equals 2250 dollars. The guy trys to give me 1125 instead... And the entire time I had to keep a straight face and be nice to the guy. lol, at the time I was pretty pissed, but it just gets funny over time. lol, anyways, I had to get rid of the guy, but I let everyone else in free of charge, since it wasn't their fault the guy was incomitent. :D

Why do you kill the joy of death?

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

When I worked at a movie theater, there was a woman we called Butter Bitch. This woman took forever to serve, and wanted butter after every scoop of popcorn, and did nothing but whine, stall, delay, and cause trouble.

Anyhow, one morning I was flying solo in concessions. She shows up 10 minutes late for her movie, and waits in line at concessions for another 15. By the time she is at the front of the line, there is half an hour worth of people behind her. She opens her mouth to order and I just boredly say "I don't have time for zour shit today. I'm refusing you service. NEXT!"

She demands to see a manager. I go over to the phone and call Bram up in the office and say, "Hey Bram. Butter Bitch wants to talk to you." She was within earshot, too...she was pissed. So Bram comes down and before she can say anything Bram says "He is worth more to me than your seven bucks. Go watch your movie or take your money and get the hell out of my theater." And that was that.

I am invincible!

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

Quote by BorisGrishenkoWhen I worked at a movie theater, there was a woman we called Butter Bitch. This woman took forever to serve, and wanted butter after every scoop of popcorn, and did nothing but whine, stall, delay, and cause trouble.
Anyhow, one morning I was flying solo in concessions. She shows up 10 minutes late for her movie, and waits in line at concessions for another 15. By the time she is at the front of the line, there is half an hour worth of people behind her. She opens her mouth to order and I just boredly say "I don't have time for zour shit today. I'm refusing you service. NEXT!"
She demands to see a manager. I go over to the phone and call Bram up in the office and say, "Hey Bram. Butter Bitch wants to talk to you." She was within earshot, too...she was pissed. So Bram comes down and before she can say anything Bram says "He is worth more to me than your seven bucks. Go watch your movie or take your money and get the hell out of my theater." And that was that.

lol, lmao! Go butter bitch! j/k lol, that's friggin awesome. lol :D

Why do you kill the joy of death?

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Bram was the coolest manager ever.

I am invincible!

I don't work...but I did over hear something while I was eating ina restaurant...and it is kind of stupid and of course retarded...lol...!!

Some customer is complaining about the soup is too hot and he was asking for ice cube...WTF...?! If the soup is not hot...then it is not soup...some retard ask some retarded request...I found that very funny...and he wouldn't stop farting...I hate that dude...I am so glad I don't work there otherwise I punch him in the face...!

Signature Image

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Quote by OneWingTenshiI don't work...but I did over hear something while I was eating ina
restaurant...and it is kind of stupid and of course retarded...lol...!!
Some customer is complaining about the soup is too hot and he was
asking for ice cube...WTF...?! If the soup is not hot...then it is not
soup...some retard ask some retarded request...I found that very
funny...and he wouldn't stop farting...I hate that dude...I am so glad
I don't work there otherwise I punch him in the face...!

lol That is so funny!!! :D Who would ever put ice in their soup??

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

I feel you in that you are standing behind the register and then a customer is like are you open...I work at albertsons and it is open till 12 and I cant begin to tell you some of the customers...but there will be always my favorite action in the grocery store...ok so theres 2 lanes open next to eachother...1 has customers and the other doesnt...WHY do they go into the one with customers???!!!! common sense PEOPLE...Or when customers fall for no reason...thats great makes me laugh everytime, especially when there are bein a hassle with you ^_^

Lineage II - Yoshimarru
BattleField 2 - Saikura
Call of Duty - Patti_O_Yohiko
Raven Shield - {SSG}Saikura
Guild Wars - Saikura Muramasa
Signature

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.