Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Final Fantasy WTF=.= - Minitokyo

Final Fantasy WTF=.=

page 1 of 1 13 total items

moonlight-shawdow

moonlight-shawdow

@riddle roses@

No not because I hate it which I don't cause out of all of them I noticed one thing in common.Whenever your walking through a village ur other characters for some reason are in your pocketYa know they could atleast fix that with the pocket.But ove all tee Hee FFX rules.Bwahahahaha

I am a member of colorfull wallies. free--wallers vectory sakura--cb
nugeneration timeless--rain celestial-luminesse

AcesHigh521

AcesHigh521

Dance Ren, Dance!

Thats kinda it for all rpgs. Except a few I no but i dont remember the name. But yea in most rpgs your main character or the first character on the party screen is the character you run around with.

P.S. please put a space after periods in your sentence -_- its kinda hard to read lol

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

they run behind you in final fantasy viii i do believe

but many rpgs require a lot of system power, so why waste it on rendering extra character models?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

AcesHigh521

AcesHigh521

Dance Ren, Dance!

Yea thats wut i was trying to say also but didnt cause i couldnt think of the words

i would prefer having a game where theres more characters and they run behind you, and during your missions/dungeons wateva you need to use each character to do special moves like breaking down walls etc that would make rpgs more interesting

It is a bit odd, I suppose, that only one character is usually visible at once - though there are a few exceptions, as has been pointed out by some astute MTer's - but it's important to bear in mind that RPG's are only representations of reality, with very real limitations. Some do a better job than others, to be sure, but all undeniably fall well short of simulating anything akin to the - or even a - real world.

Most RPG fans, however, are more or less willing to forgive the genre these shortcomings, I think. Twenty years from now we'll probably look back on such quaint titles as Suikoden III and ffxii and wonder how we ever played such artifacts, but for now they're as good as it gets. :)

QVOD VITA FACIMVS AETERNITATE SONABIT.

adventchildvii

adventchildvii

Psychotic Soul

I generally don't have much of a problem with seeing only one character on screen in towns/dungeons and such. While it would be better to see more, this is only a minor gripe for me and is not high on my list of priorities I would like to see improved on my RPG's. Some games allow you to switch your on screen character avatar, and some allow other characters to trail behind, but i don't believe it to really be neccesary. When everything else is improved, then I'll gripe about this.

\"Is it surprising that prisons resemble factories and that schools, barracks and hospitals resemble prisons?.\"
God Didn\'t Create Man; Man Created God

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

It's kind of useless to show all of the characters in the party since it's only covering more of the screen and they really have no function at all, just look at ffviii.
One thing that is a little lame is in ffvii where the characters in your party sometimes go in/out of your main char and that looks a little dumb, I like the way they've done it in FFIX where it's a fade and alla the chars pops up at the screen :D

One good thing that some RPGs don't have is the possibility to choose the on-screen character because in example Xenosaga you rather run around with kos-mos or MOMO than Shino :D

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I've never minded it, always kept me focused. I don't like having to babysit computer controlled characters. Besides, it's a videogame, so when I see stuff like that, I think it's actually kinda neat. It's better than a character suddenly running on screen for a second, saying one sentence, then going "To the airship! ...See you in battle Cloud."

HTML Coding Hates Me...

I think the SNES mario rpg made a cute gag out of the whole-party-in-one-body thing.
It doesn't bother me, though having your party trail behind you like a conga line could be seen as strange :)

babyblueshakira

babyblueshakira

i'll love you like no one can

Well....almost all the rpgs are like that....I think it's cool because you dont have to see all your characters following you. But I guess it does bother some people, lol.

we're running, running, keep pulling my hand, so we don't get seperated . . .
Signature Image

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

It's much more bothersome for me seeing all my char's on screen. 'Cept maybe if they're short and stubby like FF7's.

Signature

Sessha

Silver Fox

I like how Star Ocean has everyone on your party in different parts of the town you're in. I don't mind when only one character is shown though. I wouldn't really like it if I had 10 people following me everywhere...

No more.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.