Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you change the way you act to suit the situation? - Minitokyo

Do you change the way you act to suit the situation?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Well, I did search for a thread like this, but there's only so many things that you can search for.

The title in itself is quite self explanatory.
I happen to have a habbit of changing the way I act depending on who I am arround.
If the person around me is energetic and stuff well then, I'll be that way...(I can only do that for so long but you get the point) If they're calm I'll be calm.
I don't necessarily do that all the time because well it does have a tendency to get rather confusing sometimes but you all get my point.

So anyways, be sure to voice your opinions. Whether you do so, or don't, or know anybody who does, etc.

~Narutofan

Signature

i'm not sure what you're reffering to with tight situation.
but i act a bit more serious and focused when someone is bothering me.
but usually i'm a happy guy when something small and insignificant is going on.

(edit) oops my mistake i misread the title.
yea iguess my answer stays the same though.

Ryugen

Ryugen

Chibbi Style!

Yea I get what you mean. It depends on who you're around really. I guess I do it too sometimes. It all comes down to who you're with and what you're doing.

Signature

Remember that of old, for it was there for a reason.

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

well, i usually only change the way i act between work (or other serious situations) and in social settomgs with friends. i have to be more subdued and mature at work, but when i'm with my friends i act like a kid and get pretty loud.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

It depends... when I am meeting someone new I will be more reserved until I get to know them. But that always happens, so not really. I am the way I am, and I am happy being that way. :)

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

I know what mean, I have exactly the same thing. I'm almost two different people at school and at home. I also have this thing that when people start talking to me with an exact i will start talking with the same exact without realizing it.

***I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it***

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

im normally the one who talks much and the funyn one...and when its gets a bti down im stil funny...but when it gets to the spot im serious....
so i dont chance my behavior very much.....

It is time for you to drown

elm

I had a rather simple school psychologist but due to the amount of time we spent together I heard the only thing of any consequence she would ever say it was,
"The term Persona derives from the Latin meaning Mask, if you imagine you are an actor you can see why you would need to change your mask to suit the play or the audience depending on your role." I'm paraphrasing, but that's essentially the gist of it, we relate to different individuals in different ways and consequently our outward behaviour is reflected in this change.
To say someone is being false or deceptive because of a change in character is ludicrous as that would imply we are only are as complex as our outer-most appearance. It is a perfectly normal occurence, that all people experience.
Anyhow, be well.

Nah i don't. I am who i am and there is no need to change the way i act to suit the situation unless its a major exam haha.

well its only proper ettiquettes to do so,
like if you're with your friends, you can act casual and more relaxed
but if you're like at a wedding or funeral, you'll act more proper,
theres certain actions people take pending on the situation
you'd act differntly in a normal party and a formal party
just certain things to do depending on the situation thats call for them

as for acting differently around people,
its only natural to be a bit timid around strangers,
most people have a fear of embarassing themselves
so they'll remain a lil reserved around those unfamiliar to them,
you'd act differently as well if you were with a group of adults
compared to childrens,
its not as always trying to be what your not but rather
sometimes acting according to fit in~

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

well said

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Not to be a downer, but I think I've seen this kinda thread before... Oh well, right?? Haven't seen it for a while anyways.

I think that everyone changes who they are depending on the situation. It's human nature to adapt, and that can mean who you're with as well. We've all seen how rather stiff people can be really loose in different situations. I found that I would change depending on what class I was in. If it wasn't engaging, I didn't really care. If it was, I was serious and into it.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

No.. I prefer to always be myself.

Why do you kill the joy of death?

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Yes, because if you don't either:

You will have no social life.

You won't have a job for very long.

Decorum and presentation is important for every situation. ...That said, I should probably read my post over a few times. ;) ...Fortunately, my coworkers have been pretty tolerant. :D

Hmm,
very interesting indeed.

Well, if this thread has been around before, somebody tell me. ^_^' Hate to be one of the many who are filling up MT with Duped threads.

Signature

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

Everyone changes the way they act depending on the situation at hand. If they say otherwise they are lying to you. I can prove it very easily, do you act the same way around your parents or your friends parents as you do around your friends?

The way I look at it is that there are many different faces that every person has. Each face has a different use, whether it's the face you use when you are with your friends, to the face you use when you meet someone new, to the face you use when around a boss or parent. Each face represents a different aspect of your personallity, from serious to joking, happy to sad, nice to mean...depending on your mood, situation and who you're around will depend on which face you choose to share with the world. Hell, you are even a different person on the internet than you are in real life to some degree or another.

Signature

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.