Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sports Equipment:Weights... - Minitokyo

Sports Equipment:Weights...

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Hey guys i m thinking of getting a pair of ankle weights 2 build up my leg strength. Can u provide me with a little advice on them like if they affect yr growth strain yr muscles etc... Thanks ^-^

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

They do help build leg resistance so you are able to be more endurant while walking or jogging. No, your growth shouldn't be affected, nor should your muscles be strained, but as a forewarning, until you get used to working with the weights, you might feel a little sore. I hope everything is right based on my past experiences.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I used tiny little weights once..oo boy...dang gym teacher made me use em. She looked like a man anyways...hahah all that she was missing was the........oo XD

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

I've thought about doing the same thing.
Anyone who got anygood tips of what too buy since I'm a total newb of training eq :D

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Don't go too hyper and just start with light ones. Try asking for weights that are in proportion with your body weight.

Starting off with heavy ones can tire out your legs easily and even pull on some joints and cause minor wear on them. One thing you should remember is to always take them off when you're tired.

Also try doing some cardio workouts to improve the results. Once you get used to your current weights, shift to heavier ones to increase muscle mass or just stick to your curent one and just tone your legs.

Try asking your doctor if it's ok though, if you've got health issues, asking the pros for advice is best before proceeding with anything.

Quote by puKKaI've thought about doing the same thing.
Anyone who got anygood tips of what too buy since I'm a total newb of training eq :D

Try asking the local Sports supplies store. Every good store has 'em. Just look out for poor quality ones that rip easily.

Signature

Buy weights that are good to wear, so you can feel comfotable.
Also try to wear them as long as you can and if they`re hurting your legs, buy some bandage to cover you legs the the proper place.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

My friend actually tried this he got weitghts that were filled with sand or something. I think he was able to adjust the weight. It wasn't really big wither and you just strap it to your ankles

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Quote by jakulitoDon't go too hyper and just start with light ones. Try asking for weights that are in proportion with your body weight.
Starting off with heavy ones can tire out your legs easily and even pull on some joints and cause minor wear on them. One thing you should remember is to always take them off when you're tired.
Also try doing some cardio workouts to improve the results. Once you get used to your current weights, shift to heavier ones to increase muscle mass or just stick to your curent one and just tone your legs.
Try asking your doctor if it's ok though, if you've got health issues, asking the pros for advice is best before proceeding with anything.

:D I agree with u consulting a doctor is the best 4 this kind of thing is the best way n noe that starting with the lightest weights is the "right" way

Quote by SilentMasamuneThey do help build leg resistance so you are able to be more endurant while walking or jogging. No, your growth shouldn't be affected, nor should your muscles be strained, but as a forewarning, until you get used to working with the weights, you might feel a little sore. I hope everything is right based on my past experiences.

can i noe if they build up your jumping power cause i actually want 2 use them 2 train 4 a basketball compeition at round November n wanna increase my ability 2 get rebounds :D

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I beleive they do increase your hops but it must go along with some other equipments like a squat machine or the thing they call a "gravity belt", the thing that you strap on to your waist and it pulls you down when you jump.

Try jumping around while wearing one, it might help increase your vertical leap.

But I've got friends who're only 5'6" or so that can dunk and all they did to get hops was play basketball everyday.

Signature

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Quote by jakulitoI beleive they do increase your hops but it must go along with some other equipments like a squat machine or the thing they call a "gravity belt", the thing that you strap on to your waist and it pulls you down when you jump.
Try jumping around while wearing one, it might help increase your vertical leap.
But I've got friends who're only 5'6" or so that can dunk and all they did to get hops was play basketball everyday.

...Gravity belt? never heard of that. But its great since it increases my hops cause i can't play basketball so something passive would be useful
PS: can anyone tell me where to get the pic of the girl used in the background of the site if possible...

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

Get wrist weights insted of leg weights. legweights can mess up your back and wristweights cant. to get your legs stronger, strap the wrist weights and run a mile during the day and heat. also a way to get your legs stronger is to lay flat on your back and raise your legs(put your legs together) 6inches off the floor for a minute. also what you can do is do 40 yards and back of Lunges.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

About the girl in the bg, try using the string "who's sick of that big head" or part of it on the search box.

Signature

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

My advice is that if your not uses to leg weight be really carefull. You can damage your joints by wearing them durring athelic activities. I would recommend only walking and doing low level aerobics with them at first. You can build up your muscles that way without straining your joints as much. And as Jakulito said, stay light at first.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.