Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Kurosawa masterpieces - Minitokyo

Kurosawa masterpieces

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Squeaky-kun

The Grim Squeaker

I've recently been introduced to the wonder known as the cinematic masterpieces made by Kurosawa Akira. I'm just wondering who else out there might be fans of his work? If so what would you favorite Kurosawa film be? I'd have to admit right now my favorite is Ikiru (to live).

::insert spiffy-pretty-looking signature image here::

"SQUEAK"

what films has Kurosawa done???? i would like to know if possible so i can comment further on this...

Signature

hello i am a kurosawa fan he is a movie making legend from japan and he amde the most popular movies from japan ^_^'

mimi_mimsta

Squeaky-kun

The Grim Squeaker

I think his most well-known film is Seven Samurai. That's the one people say they've heard of the most.
However, a list of the Akira Kurosawa films I've already seen or currently have on my netflix list:
Rashomon
Ikiru
Ran
Throne of Blood
Yojimbo
Akira Kurosawa's Dreams
The Bad Sleep Well
Donzoku (the lower depths)
Dodes'ka-den
Tengoku to Jigoku (High and Low)

If you haven't seen any of his work I strongly recommend it. ^_^

::insert spiffy-pretty-looking signature image here::

"SQUEAK"

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

And there's also "Yumi ga Mitai" ("The Sea is Watching") - which was actually directed by his son, but written by him. (*^.^*) It was cute. My favorite has to be "Sanjuro," something of a parody of all his more serious films. It even stars Toshiro Mifune in his usual bad-ass role! (*~.^*) My imouto has had a crush on him since she was nine...

Signature

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

If you're into Star Wars, go watch "Hidden Fortress", George Lucas based his trilogy on that particular movie of Kurosawa's. It's hilarious, even in black and white, it was good laugh.

Personally, I liked all of Kurosawa's works... though Rashomon was a bit of a mind-boggler at guessing who exactly the culprit was... Ikiru and Ran had extremely boring parts which literally put me to sleep. But I must say, only his "jidai" type of films appealed to me the most. Shichinin no Samurai, Yojimbo, Sanjuro.... LOL! One thing's for sure, if you haven't gotten tired of seeing Toshiro Mifune in his films, it's commendable. Mifune's a splendid actor btw, even with all the crazy antics.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.