Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is the movie that most influenced you and how? - Minitokyo

Which is the movie that most influenced you and how?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

sandumirabela

sandumirabela

-Return to Innocence-

You might say that this is a stupid question or worst that I am crazy but I really believe that the things that we see have a big influence on us.Now this is already stated that what we see in media has a great influence on us and this isn't just becuase soem scientists said so it is a reality!
For the kids every movie that they see could influence them in good or in bad!I was looking a few days ago at a movie it was about a kid that was totally out of control,at a fragile age he had a dirty mind and also "dirty"hands and I was thinking:Ok,I reached an age when I can see such things without having problems but what if a kid sees that and he takes the example?Kids are the most free minded!
Anyway I won't bore you speaking about the impact that have vilont movies on kids ,I want to speak about the movies that I liked mostly and had a big influence on me.
One of the movies I enjoyed everytime to see was "Return at the blue lagoon" ,the movie impressed me not only because it was showing soem places that evryone would dream about but also because of its idea that maybe only far away,on a deserted island it will be forever peace and love will rule and that only the man brings with his deadly weapons ,the
war.Being on a deserted island the 2 protagonists hope that someday they will be find and come back in the civilised world.Their wish is about to become true but here the true bad things get to light so they prefer to remain in the end in the deserted island . The saying "In love and in war everything is allowed "is a reality.So the movie theched me that an ideal world,that the heaven on Earth could only be on a deserted island because usually we are our own enemies.The movie teached me that the ideal world could never exist when people fight,hate each other,are selfish ,start wars but the only thing that could bring you happiness remains and will remain forever love. -Pretty nice idea of the movie!
Another movie that impressed me is also about a deserted island-it seems that I have something with deserted islands-I don't remember very well the title now but the actor was Tom Hanks(very good actor I must say).So because nature can be many times dangerous for us,the his boat castsaway and he remains the only survivor.The movie is actually about adaptation,a return to innocence...I mean to the uncivilised person,to the cave men where you didn't have anything but had to invite and to manage to survive.Not having anymore the high technology apparatus he has to try to survive by remembering what our ancestors did for survival.This movie shows that the human being is very attached nowdays with the high technology but in very bad circonstances he has to reinvent everything-capability,fight for survival-another good idea for a movie.
And another movie that impressed me and that is a recent one is called "Two brothers"-it is a movie about tigers(my favourite animals) and not only about tigers it is also by people.
The movie shows that sometimes the wild animals aren't the real beasts and that people act more sometimes like beasts.The movie was actually created as a campaign for the protection of this animals,one of the many speacies endangered by extinction.The movie shows us the soul of the tiger,its real face-tigers kill people mostly because they fear them !For me was an emotional influence and also one in the way of seeing things different from how I used to see them.
Now it's your turn!Is there one movie that influenced you in good or in bad?Is their one movie that had a great impact on you and made you see things differently?What do you think is the message of that movie?How did they influenced you?
Bye bye!Kisses!I hope you will answer because for me it seemed an interesting topic!

-Return to Innocence-
Signature Image
sigi and ava made by dianas for Mira-chan ;)

Blade Runner (as my screen name implies)

Lost In Translation (making the best of a foreign setting is always good advice)

Akira (for its bold view of an apocolyptic neurotic youth)

Close Encounters (sci-fi brought to the forefront or today's world)

Lawrence of Arabia (Peter O'toole's opus about a man who gained the respect of those who would otherwise have turned him away)

spaimaFemeilor

spaimaFemeilor

atat de fragil,atat de trecator.

THE movies that influenced me are:
1.American History X.
2.Requiem For A Dream.
3.SIn Citty.
why and how i dont know,BUT trust me they have left their mark on me and my way of living
and thinking.
seen them?
NO!!!!
then what are u waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!!1

candva,totul ,va fi bine, iata speranta,acum,totul,este bine,iata iluzia...

Gloria...I do not know why but when I watched it 4 years ago I fell in love with this golden haired girl and continued collecting animes...Crazy!

Dirty

Dirty

too many steps ahead.

Memento [2000]

is fantastic piece of work. Let me begin to preach. Memento is a movie that runs completely back to front, you begin with the ending of the movie and attempt follow the trail of clues. Now it is a mentally stimulating highly original movie [rare these days]. We are positioned with Leonard Shelby, a man who's wife is raped and murdered, while he himself is assaulted. This results in Leonard losing his short term memory and that's all he can remember. After a short exposition explaining Leonard's life shattering event, the movie follows Leonard in his bid to unravel the killer's mysterious identity through detective-style clue linking. Leonard even tattoos himself with information he doesn't want to forget to overcome his memory disability. What's sad is that he constantly has to relive the traumatic event. I won't reveal anymore to avoid spoiling.

I found this really intriguing because psychological drama + mystery appeals to me. The movie depicted how vulnerable we as people are, without our memories. Ever thought of forgetting everything, every 5 minutes? How would you deal with it?

The movie will show short scenes and then Leonard will suddenly stop and forget what he's doing, e.g. running after a person he will just stop running and ask himself "Why I am here?" . You'll always be trying to guess what he decides he should do next. Leonard also commits himself to certain truths and follows through believing these facts. I think this is a great way of showing how people deal with circumstances relying solely on these facts which may not in fact be true.

Fundamentally we are individuals because of our experiences, what we remember, what we know and how this tells us how to act in future. It showed how fragile humans are when we lose our memories...forget our identity, what a fork does, who our family/friends are.

Attempting to escape the matrix...

Signature

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

the most movie influenced me is (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
i duno why really but it took my breath from me , theres the ring scene ,i swear when i saw it i cried like baby ..

RyuMizuchi

=Shameless Leecher=

For me, there were 3 of those. They influenced me in different ways...

Sixth Sense

A masterpiece of quality. You simply must watch this movie at least 2 times to catch the plot revealment. You will understand when you watch that movie. Great roles, actors, plot. I actually watched this movie 7 times and i still catch something new with each session. I really, really recommend it.

Green Mile

Another great movie about the fate that people force on us and circumtances that may lead to a terrible misunderstanding. This movie has almost no action, besides like 2 moments, yet the plot develops rapidly. This movie made me melancholic, and i couldnt shake it off for a very long time.

Sing-sing Prison (translated from polish, im not usre if its an originaol title)

Movie from the same regiseure as Green Mile. Again, character evolvement is beyond measure. This movie forces you to look from a little different perspective on people who end up in prison. Noone said they must be evil... maybe its their fate?

~~Kono youni shin no jyaku ga aruto suru naraba,
sorewa omaetachi ningen no kokoro.~~

~Dhaos/ Edward D. Morrison, Tales of Phantasia

Takuan

50x50 is too small!

Save the riot Ryon. Cos its realy shows @The face@ of the war. It realy might scare you. My grandpa always said to me that @God dot let another war happend@

Sorry for spelling!

saiyijinprince

saiyijinprince

Too tired to think....

Shawshank redemption <- great movie that tells a great story of hope.

Spiderman <- just because of its amazing special effects

A real friend stabs you in the front

darkelohim

darkelohim

~La Sonrisa de Karenin~

1.- Apocalipse Now! and The Last Temptation of the Christ
2.-Trainspotting
3.-Fight Club
4.-The Thin Red Line

"Teniendo en cuenta que mañana a estas horas podia estar muerto, el hecho de ser valiente o no carecia de importancia. En realidad, todo carecia de importancia, incluso la propia vida. El hecho de que mirara un arbol o no lo hiciera tampoco importaba. No le importaba al arbol, ni a los hombres de su compañia, ni al resto del mundo. Solo le importaba a el y, cuando dejara de existir, ya no le importaria a nadie."

James Jones
The Thin Red Line

Nephir

May the Light Free You

There are many movie, but I need to shout this part out to everyone...in the game (sorry) Shadow Hearts 2, Yuri says "I don't have any regrets because all my life, I know I've tried my hardest" Something like that. Ok, now onto my movie.
Batman Begins really stirred me up. It showed me to never give up. Not even if the world is against you. You must always fight at your best, and only when you lose can you stop the fight.
Another was The Day After Tomorrow....it made me think...that if I were in a sitiation like that...I'd be dead because I didn't have the skills or ideas they had...and it made me think about the end of the world...and how so many signs point to that. I'm no worried though...I mean, so what if we die? Just do your best here on Earth and you'll be somewhere better after death...Heaven. I know I'll be there...and after that, I realized I was truly a good person. This movie made a chain of thoughts that truly helped me realize alot about myself.
Another was Soul Plane...I'm not gonne get to detailed, but i saw it at a very fragile time in my life...and it showed me so many things only known to perverted grown-ups...
Well, that's all I can think of for now.
See you.

There is Nothing better than to be in the Darkness and to be saved by the Light...

Signature

But there is Nothing worse than to be in the Light
and to be taken by the Darkness...

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.