Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nintendo's new Gameboy Micro - Minitokyo

Nintendo's new Gameboy Micro

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

This just came to meafter so many PSP threads. Saw this awhile ago on another site, but apparently this new slimmed Gameboy Advance is going to be really small. It is also supposed to be customizable just likea cell phone. What do you guys think of this? Will you be interested in buying this? Or is this Nintendo's latst attempt to outdo Sony in the gaming business?

Oh here's the link to the site I found the article and pic.
http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=7122

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Witch Nintendo Hand Held are we talkeing about the
Nintendo GBA SP or the new Nintendo DS?

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Click the link there's a pic

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature

GothicMike

Night Shadow

It's called the Gameboy Micro and I've been looking in on this a little its suppose to be customizable like you said and also almost the size of a Ipod now as of visual wise im not 100% sure what it's going to be like I can't help ya that much on this one =P but I'll look into it and let ya know =P

as of Nintendo last chance I don't think so =) all they have to do is team up with Sega and they will rule the gaming world haha

and as of buying it I will eventually on em all but it wont be one of my first todo list

~Mike

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Thanks now I can change the thread title lol. SIz of an Ipod wow that's small definatley hads my interest now Thanks GothicMike

Signature

GothicMike

Night Shadow

np man

Games and Computers are 2 things I know alot about =P so questions I'll try to answer =)

~Mike

I think its screen might be too small. The GBA already has me seeing cross-eyed after I look up after playing it for awhile. x_x

KingTobo

Scribbleh

I think it's a cool idea to have such a small gameboy. Seems to me, though, that it would be hard to see and control with everything so small!

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by KingToboI think it's a cool idea to have such a small gameboy. Seems to me, though, that it would be hard to see and control with everything so small!

Same ting I'm thinking seeing as how the cartridge is placed and the istance from the cartridge to the buttons is pretyy short. Although if what Gothic mIke says the scrren should be around the size of your average cell phone.

Signature

Yeah its cool that Nintendo have came up this cool idea but I think the screen might of been a little small. I think that Nintendo shold creat a handheld that uses those mini dvd cd like the one that the Sony PSP uses so that way Nintendo can catch up with the Sony PSP.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

i have seen a real size, and the screen is tiny!
just go with the psp, its all screen

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Quote by Spystreak Will you be interested in buying this? Or is this Nintendo's latst attempt to outdo Sony in the gaming business?

It won't work. Sony invented the DVD. They are the Master's in many things. Nintendo just can't do it. They really can't. It's a desperate business tactic. I know it as "The Last Move." I call it that because I play chess and I know what move is my last. I'd move some piece then next turn the guy infront of me says: "Checkmate. Good game."

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

Perrin

Perrin

From what I saw this Gameboy Micro is just another Advance gone even smaller. I like it but will stick with my SP as I don't trust the holes I have in my pockets with the Micro.

Why are they doing this, why would nintendo waste time making the micro. Work on the DS damn it, we need games good game and where is the promotion. I never see an add on tv, I don't watch tv that much but when I do PSP is all over the place. How do they plan on competing with the PSP is no one knows about it. The touch screen was a revolutionary idea, i just wish they would put it to better use.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by sundewzerWhy are they doing this, why would nintendo waste time making the micro. Work on the DS damn it, we need games good game and where is the promotion. I never see an add on tv, I don't watch tv that much but when I do PSP is all over the place. How do they plan on competing with the PSP is no one knows about it. The touch screen was a revolutionary idea, i just wish they would put it to better use.

Nintendo owns the cheap hand-held market. The GameBoy is the second most popular console with the PS2 being first. That means the GameBoy is doing better than the GC or the XBox. Nintendo wants to keep that market. The PSP isn't a threat to that market because it's too close to the consoles. The same is true of the DS. Nintendo doesn't do too well with the big consoles so they are likely to drop the DS, I fear. They'll always place effort into the GameBoy first as it's where they shine.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by sundewzerWhy are they doing this, why would nintendo waste time making the micro. Work on the DS damn it, we need games good game and where is the promotion. I never see an add on tv, I don't watch tv that much but when I do PSP is all over the place. How do they plan on competing with the PSP is no one knows about it. The touch screen was a revolutionary idea, i just wish they would put it to better use.

Maybe they gave up on the DS. Plus you have to consider it takes time to develop games. Plus we don't really know whenthe Micro is going to come out so there is still hope for the DS

Signature

Well I would have to say that this looks nice and stylish. While I won't be getting it as it's only a matter of time before somebody writes a good GBA emulator for PSP and then I'll be able to play all the games on a nice big screen.

I dont like it is just too small for me

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I think it's really pointless because I've been hearing the cost of it is not going to be reduced. My SP is portable enough, and already I have a whopping 3 games for it, because all the others are either junk, cheap knockoffs of PS2 or GC games, or rediculously overpriced for portable gaming *cough* classic series *cough*

HTML Coding Hates Me...

So now Nintendo has three editions of the GBA...and people wonder why Nintendo is falling.
Also...

Quote by ultimashowerI think it's really pointless because I've been hearing the cost of it is not going to be reduced. My SP is portable enough, and already I have a whopping 3 games for it, because all the others are either junk, cheap knockoffs of PS2 or GC games, or rediculously overpriced for portable gaming *cough* classic series *cough*

You are SO right!The Classic series is ridiculously overpriced! Who's gonna pay $20 for a 15 year old game??

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by cannonspike3So now Nintendo has three editions of the GBA...and people wonder why Nintendo is falling.
Also...

Quote by ultimashowerI think it's really pointless because I've been hearing the cost of it is not going to be reduced. My SP is portable enough, and already I have a whopping 3 games for it, because all the others are either junk, cheap knockoffs of PS2 or GC games, or rediculously overpriced for portable gaming *cough* classic series *cough*

You are SO right!The Classic series is ridiculously overpriced! Who's gonna pay $20 for a 15 year old game??

People that really like the games when they came out :cough My Dad cough: Some people just are crazy. I mean look at how much some bid on ebayf ro stuff like this

Signature

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Quote by SpystreakPeople that really like the games when they came out :cough My Dad cough: Some people just are crazy. I mean look at how much some bid on ebayf ro stuff like this

Bingo. I mean, I wouldn't mind if they included more than one game on the cartridge (which can easily be done) but they don't. Then there's the more up to date compilations like Mother 1&2, which I wouldn't mind paying for, and they don't release them over here!

HTML Coding Hates Me...

Me? I don't care about Micro, who needs another GBA? Seriously. I do like the customizable part, though, but I see no point in buying a new handheld just for that reason alone.

DS=Die Sony

So, I suppose Micro is trying to outdo Sony too. But Nintendo needs competition in the handheld dept, so in that sense PSP was a good thing.

Either way, I'm sticking with my DS. Seriously, why do they need another gba?

make A NEW gameboy already dammit! (DS isn't a GB system..., to which I say, WTF?)

Nintendo is starting to confuse me. Oh well, like I care, I like them anyway. XD

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Whoa. Spiffy.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.