Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 prob with parents - Minitokyo

prob with parents

page 1 of 1 15 total items

being the average teen that i am, i hav probs with my parents just like any other. But wut's buggin me is that i'm not use to be like this. Sometime is like im possesed or something-_- i noe it sounds werid or like i've been reading too much HP, but still. I use to get along with my parents very well. But now everything they do is bugging me; well it's not like that wut they r doing is NOT annoying, it's just that i never had a prob with it before. sometime i freak myself out, i get pissed over the tiniest things. I guess im just tired of them keeping on walking all over me like that. I find myself arguing back more and more often. im like a totally different person. i mean i can still be called nice and all it's just i find it harder to controll my anger.

ps. when i was in grade 8 there's this guy told me that i should take "anger management" courses which was meant for a joke, but now im thinking that he had a good reason to say that. i wonder to myself sometimes saying: wut's wrong with me. when i was little im always known for how a goodie goodie i am n' everyone likes me. Even thou no one notices but i can c myself changing, and i don't like it.

GothicMike

Night Shadow

when you are younger you find things that your parents to cute and ammusing but as you get older and mature it kinda gets old and if you are a only child or the first born they don't know when to stop or what not.It's really just your patience or low tolerance at your age which is completly normal.

its fine alot of people go through it =) just bite your tongue alot and let them say what their gonna say or do what their gonna do and don't say a word about it and eventually they'll stop

and if you are the only or first born parent dont know how to act when your older(teenage years) so it tends to get annoying.

im hungry gonna go make some food =P sorry if its confusing I can't think straight right now have food on the mind =P

~Mike

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Meh your not the only one. I've got similar probs wiht my parent s aminly my dad. I just try to think of other things you know to preoccupy my mond so I don't focus on all the things they do that annoy me. Then when i'm alone I releease this tension thorugh video games. Pick the most violent one set it on easy and take out all my aggression on CG characters. It's worked for me thus far. Have a pretty healthy reletionship with my mom. Dad's another story non realted to this topic.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

aw! :( im sorry to hear that! its a stage that i think we all go through, for me though its vice versa. i used to never get along with my parents after they divorced, but then when i turned 12 i started to get along super well with them. but i guess for different peeps, in different situations, its a totally different story for them, like you. but this phase will pass eventually, but for now i would try to do whatever you can to build up your relationship like it used to be.

but the guy in 8th grade that said you need to go to anger management should beware cause im going to bust up his nose if he's not careful! XO but anywho i hope my 'advice' (if that is what you call it) :nya: helped! XD hope all is getting better with ya! ciao!

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Everybody has disagreements with their parents when they begin to think for themselves. Back when you were little your parents advice and control wasn't really a problem, but now you have your own experiences and can make certain judgements for yourself. It is really annoying and stressful to have your parents continuing to treat you as if you are only 10. Your best bet is to remain calm. Just try and remember that the problem is that your parents still see you as their little child. They still want to advise you and ensure your safety. You have to demonstrate that you are a responsible person (which is why it is so important that you do not just yell at them and ignore everything they say). Do your chores and make a point of discussing your school work around them. Show them that you can think by going to bed earily before a big test or two and you will help them let go of some of the control. You may want to sit down with them and just explain that you are feeling stressed out and need some breathing room. And there is one thing to remember, even though you are prefectly capable of deciding your own fate, your parents do have alot more experience than you. They really may know best occassionally. Don't just ignore them. They care about you.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I'm in an extremely similar conundrum. It's like a win-lose situation, a situation in which my parents win all the time and I end up losing. My parents just will not let me prove that I'm old enough to be responsible for my own actions; though parents generally have concern for the development of their sons and/or daughters, they also have to know when to let go of their children because eventually, persistent concern or possessiveness may lead to the children becoming spoiled, and I know you don't want that.

Most of the time, I'm forced to do things I may not even want to do, such as babysitting, shopping for food, and keeping the house clean (which is something I do, but I'm forced to pick up after their mess anyway). Most of the time, I'm forced to give in to their decisions and ways, such as when they selected the college I should go to based on tuition and fees, and how they buy the cheapest of products (yeah, those low quality products and with more quantity...I despise quantity over quality), such as a low-definition mono television or a Celeron computer.

I think you should talk it out with your parents and tell them what you think is wrong with what they are doing in your perspective, which are the things that are seemingly correct in their perspective. Behave and converse with them calmly so your parents don't think you're rushing into wanting things more so your way. Grasp each other's expectations at this point since you think you're more grown-up and have matured some. If they end up telling you that you're still under their wing, don't get upset about it; just prove to them for a while longer that you can handle yourself and maybe they'll free you of some of the restrictions set by them.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

thankz a lot guyz ^^ im glad that ppl actually responded n' didn't flame this thread.

anywayz, it seems that a lot of u hav prob with ur parents cuz they treat u like kids but its different with mine - my mom to b exact.

One min she treats me like a 5 yr baby -"it's ok, you don't have to do the dishes. it's late i'll do them", when she's like that it seems like i can get away with anything! n' when my friends r over she always act like that. it's believable that she'll walk an extra mile just to get a candy for me.

-_- now "where's the problem in that?" you ask? Well she have these mood swings n' she can flip just because i said a wrong word when im calling MY firend. She cares too much. N' since we moved to Canada from China they r also not aware of the cultures here. the ways ppl handle things, and their childern. wut's more is that when she flip on me she often say how "spoiled" i am when she's the one who made me like that! OMG i don't want to be like this.

i mean don't expect my mom and i to be like the "Gilmore Girls" but when i watch those Teen shows i always wondered wut it would be like to have a mom that i can talk to with her turning the subject into something completely different.

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Must be p.m.s. Obviously that means you've grown...probably. Personally, my Dad respects my interests and opinions. I think it's because I'm smart.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

You need to get a Hobby that help you channel that anger the problen is not yo parent's it that you yourself are getting more older and more adault like and have a strong sense of your own opinion's and you parent's still treat you like a child but to them you are a child it haed for some parent's when there children grow up it sem's so fast but now here you are more mature that you were a few year's ago and you strong sence of self is what's making you feel this way that's why most kid's move out as soon as they are old enough it that sence of Independence that you want so be patient it will all work out and you will be closer to you parent's again someday soon.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i think part of it is that you are growing up and that your mother doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that you are. i had a few problems with my parents like that, but then my brother started getting in trouble a lot, so i became the "good" child. XP one thing i do to keep from exploding at my parents when they get on my nerves is take a deep breath. then when i exhale i let all that anger out with the breath. (or i stomp out of the room, so that i don't yell at them) well, i hope that things with your parents improve. :)

Signature Image

shizuki

shizuki

--by my side--

Awww T_T
I know exactly like you too ='(

But what I believe is the reason is that:
- we grew up so our way of viewing stuff changed
- we wanted to "grow up" so that our parents won't bug us as often
- we hope that we can be more "individual" (?)
- we are just sick and tired of parents complaining about us when we want them to be happy (?) ...weird i know lol...

How should we fix it?
- do more things that we like (even if parents don't want us, then do it secretly)
- spend more time with friends (! like me !)
- tell parents to go and read those "parenting books" so they can understand how to treat kids
- do something fun as a family!!!!! (i did it last night by playing monopoly)
- talk to each other... (about your feelings and stuffiez)
(- leave them!!!) <-- jkz obviously..
- make some promises like "if i get 90% avg, never bug me again!!!)
- go outside (away from your parents) and calm your mind (lol)

Ehh, that's all the ones that I can think of... lol hope that helps!!
I gotta follow these too XD

------------"A Passage of Hope"------------

Signature

xx. Does Your PARENTS Watch Anime?
xx. Picked Up Any Bad Habits From Anime/Manga?
xx. Have You Ever Dreamed About Anime?

------------"A Heart of Wonders"------------

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

You're a teenager and you're growing up. It's natural for them to annoy you and for you to annoy them. You were designed to feel this way as you got older so that you would move out and spread your family genes. The best course of action is to remember that it's not all their fault and to try to be in the best possible place so that you can move out when it's time and live successfully on your own.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

There was something that happened in England not too long ago.

I boy murdered his parents, stole their credit cards and started spending like hell with his girlfriend.
Some nerds said this boy had a disorder called...

"Narcissistic personality syndrome"

I'm not insulting you, but you sound like you could one day become like him.

It's probaly your hormones making you angry.

Well its good that you know you're changing and that you don't like it but I think what you need is to try something new thats good for you. Or maybe go out more and refresh your head a lil bit. Do more activities outdoor such and such. That might help you a lil. =)

*Oh and I suggest you try talking to your parents about it but do it calmly. And when you feel the urge to get mad, punch a pillow instead. And when you feel like yelling.....ummm....don't really know what to say to that but try to hold it back.

Quote by SonicWindThere was something that happened in England not too long ago.
I boy murdered his parents, stole their credit cards and started spending like hell with his girlfriend.
Some nerds said this boy had a disorder called...
"Narcissistic personality syndrome"
I'm not insulting you, but you sound like you could one day become like him.
It's probaly your hormones making you angry.

wow dude, slow down. Its understandable to say that im changing and the hormones are acting up- but FYI i-am-NOT-insane!!!

Quote by NeoXarchYou need to get a Hobby that help you channel that anger the problen is not yo parent's ...quote]

heheh... sometimes i think i have too much hobbies. And my mom's buggin me on how i won't have much spare time anymore cuz of school n' stuff n' she telling me to give up something.. T-T can't stand that since i love all my hobbies so much.

Quote by KuzainYou're a teenager and you're growing up. It's natural for them to annoy you and for you to annoy them. You were designed to feel this way as you got older so that you would move out and spread your family genes. The best course of action is to remember that it's not all their fault and to try to be in the best possible place so that you can move out when it's time and live successfully on your own.

trust me if i can i would-_-''

Quote by eclipsegurl012Well its good that you know you're changing and that you don't like it but I think what you need is to try something new thats good for you. Or maybe go out more and refresh your head a lil bit. Do more activities outdoor such and such. That might help you a lil. =)
*Oh and I suggest you try talking to your parents about it but do it calmly. And when you feel the urge to get mad, punch a pillow instead. And when you feel like yelling.....ummm....don't really know what to say to that but try to hold it back.

lolz ur right... i should go out more^^
*inner me: NOO but i can't leave my computer!! T___T
nvm that...^^;

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.