Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Friend Identifier - Minitokyo

Friend Identifier

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Is there a way of identifying a member if he/she is you're friend?

Because it'll be helpful in keeping in touch with people in the friends list. Maybe something like an asterisk or symbol above the persons avatar.

It'd be sweet if you could tell if a member is your friend right off the bat, because you'll sometimes forget who your friends are and you suddenly stop talking to each other.

Signature

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

I'm lost >_<

You got the friendslist, but you mean that since you dosn't only use it for "friends" but people who's work you want to have an lookout for you want to know who your "real" friends are or?

The easiest way to do that would be to add a border color for the avatar with colors depending on friend or not, or even better if you could choose relation when making a friend but that's some work to pull off so ^_^

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I'm actually too lazy to visit my own userpage.

I'm usually on the Forums, so something like what you said would be very helpful on keeping up with people.

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I too would like to see some kind of identifier. An avatar border perhaps, or maybe a different colour for their level meter or something. Subtle but easy to see.

I am invincible!

InSaNiTyRuLz

I'm not dead....

That would be a good idea, sometimes I lose track of where my friends are.

~And you were saying?~

Proud member of negaraku, getbackers and peacemaker

shulienne

shulienne

blue heart

I can't help you there with smart suggestions -_-

but all I can say is I share your problem and I could do with some of it m'self. ;)

Signature
thank you so much sakura-chan for my lovely yue!

I think the reason they placed the friendslist on your page was so that you should go and visit it. Otherwise, your own page would be less useful to you, while remaining useful to others. Just go there and find what you need.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by bladerunner2005I think the reason they placed the friendslist on your page was so that
you should go and visit it. Otherwise, your own page would be less
useful to you, while remaining useful to others. Just go there and find
what you need.

that makes it less useful though. the problem is not noticing that people are on the list at all. There are numerous forums that implement "on the fly " friends identifications. This really isn't that rare of a feature. Nobody is going to sit around swapping back and forth checking every name against their friends list as they read the forums.

I am invincible!

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

if you don't know who your friends are... I don't think you have understood the word 'friend' yet.

Haha. Identifier? That should only work for those who usually forgets their friends on MT because they have so many that they forgot whose WHO. Anyways, not too bad for a suggestion.

Just wanna ask..."kilala mo pa ba ako?"

Haha. :D

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

That would be really cool too!!! Then you could tell that someone is your friend. Though also apart of having friends on your friendslist is knowing who your friends are if they are on the list!!!^__^ Though I guess you can forget things at times. And it would still be cool to have! :) :D :pacman:

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by Sheqelif you don't know who your friends are... I don't think you have understood the word 'friend' yet.

Now the God himself speaks...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Quote by AkaikenNow the God himself speaks...

Well, he's right. I think the friendslist wasn't intended to rack up "friends points". I think they may have intended it to be, well, friends. Like the real people in your life you check in on from time to time. I go to my page, click on an icon, and see what's up in their life since the last time I checked in. You can easily see what threads they've been a part of, can't you?

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by Sheqelif you don't know who your friends are... I don't think you have understood the word 'friend' yet.

If you add a separate "watch list" people can stop using the "friends list" as a "watch list" and use the "friends list" for actual friends. Until then, people will use it as a watch list as well.

I am invincible!

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Boris is right. Managing something like a 500 person long list with people that you only added because you like their stuff is kinda hard.

I definitely know what a friend is and that's why I wanna reach out to them.

Signature

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

Quote by BorisGrishenkoIf you add a separate "watch list" people can stop using the "friends
list" as a "watch list" and use the "friends list" for actual friends.
Until then, people will use it as a watch list as well.

Yes, I believe that would be best but still, It's not just like you can make such a change easily.

Maybe half of my friendlist(or maybe more) is for wathing if they post new artwork. But for the moment I can still se who's my "friend" and whos my friend but I belive my list will grow larger and then you will probably only keep track of the ones that are most active.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by puKKa

Quote by BorisGrishenkoIf you add a separate "watch list" people can
stop using the "friends
list" as a "watch list" and use the "friends list" for actual friends.
Until then, people will use it as a watch list as well.

Yes, I believe that would be best but still, It's not just like you can
make such a change easily.
Maybe half of my friendlist(or maybe more) is for wathing if they post
new artwork. But for the moment I can still se who's my "friend" and
whos my friend but I belive my list will grow larger and then you will
probably only keep track of the ones that are most active.

I never said it was a quick modification, merely that it would be useful.

I am invincible!

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

BorisGrishenko: no, I never meant it to sound like you were saing it was easy. I was only agreeing that that solution would be an good option but that it would take time to make as with all changes at sites.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Well, I agree with Boris this time.

You can't interact with so many friends here just on yor friendlist. But puKKa is also right about that it's not easy for that to be done. That's only a good option for all of us!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Kudoki

C.A.P.T.A.I.N

UP 2 U!!but i think it'll be ok!although we doesn't know it!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Just add them to your messenger program and you're good to go.

Or visit the MT IRC channel.

or you could remove some friends so theres less to remember
but if you're not even going to remember, what kinda friend are you ;_;

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

Quote by Chopstickzor you could remove some friends so theres less to remember
but if you're not even going to remember, what kinda friend are you ;_;

Ha, well said! :D

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

First off, I do remember who all my friends are. I don't know where you pull your jokes but it's not helpin.

Thanks for the tips anyways.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.