Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should old people be allowed to drive? - Minitokyo

Should old people be allowed to drive?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

winxfairykay

winxfairykay

Teenage Samurai

I know this is a very....odd fourm topic, but its something that I've been thinking about alot lately.

Most of us know the feeling..getting behind "one of those" people. The ones who go 25 in a 50. And it can get on our last nerves. So my questions to you are...
1. Should old people be allowed to drive?
If there is an age you have to be to drive, shouldn't there be an age when you can't be able to drive?
2. Young and Old Curfew?
Should there be a curfew for older people too? Isn't it hard for them to see at night?? I've heard that as you get older, your night vision gets worse.
3. Do you think old drivers are better or worse than other drivers?
Some people have diffrent ideas. Some say that they are better and more careful, while others say that older drivers are in the way..

What do you think?

I think that old people should be allowed to drive, beacuse they are my elders, and nobdy has a right to tell them not to drive. But at the same time, they are a danger to themsleves and other drivers. Maybe older people should have their kids drive them around.

Maybe an old people curfew would help. I don't see many old people out at night, but it would help keep them inside from the drunk drivers and those teens on their "joyrides".

Signature Image
Winx has currently gotten verrrry busy. Please email me if you really need me!

I sometime get annoyed when I see very senior driver driving below speed limit in freeway but as long as they could competently driver their car then they should be allowed to drive. Besides there are way too many younger drivers (me included) who driver way over the speed limit. ^_^'

Not all seniors are going to have night vision problems so having night curfew would be unfair to those who can handle driving at night.

i believe most seniors are much better driver than majority of younger one. I read an article where statistically the highest accidents rate in any age group is teen age drivers which I am not too surprised.

kouta84

kouta84

+ NeKo +

yes , if you can ^^

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

no ages at all. it should be based upon actual ability, not age.

I am invincible!

BGHughes

BGHughes

all who oppose me shall burn

Quote by BorisGrishenkono ages at all. it should be based upon actual ability, not age.

yeah i agree with him, dont matter how old ya are as long as ya can drive good

Signature
Kougaxgirl thanks for the awsome sig and avatar

Old people should get off the road as soon as possible. It's not like they got anywhere to go, anyway.

Be Free and Masturbate

babyck

babyck

>*|*< c o f f e e & t e a >*|*<

Quote by BGHughes

Quote by BorisGrishenkono ages at all. it should be based upon actual ability, not age.

yeah i agree with him, dont matter how old ya are as long as ya can drive good

it's the abilities/skills that matters
i've seen so much younger drivers and they drive super slow...ARGhHHh! yes..they get on my nerves...if they're old, it's different, they might have some difficulties but these are youth/twenties/thirties and they drive at snail speed..me gawD
sorry. no offence to those that love to drive slowly. i just crave for speed.

no they should not

Signature

when you look into the shadows you will find a friend

Thanks DREAM for the great sig

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

--)(the sinister genius)(--

it depends really on the type of driver .there are many old drivers who can drive a car in a much better way than any other driver . but i must say this and too bad for old granny that anyone above 65 must not be allowed to drive.(for their own safty).

*the man from jupiter*

nostyle118

nostyle118

Invincible under the sun

The topics in this forum are diverse. ^__^

Anyway, they should have a "AM I TOO OLD TO drive test?". Kinda like a practical exam where they could test if an old person still has the skill to sit behind the steering wheel.

"Heaven above, Hell below."

I think its risky letting an old person drive, because I have seen how they drive.

I agree with the idea that it should be based on ability... but since you have to take a test to get a license at a certain age you should also have to take a test to maintain your license...

that's just my opinion though ^^

I think that there should be a test at a certain age which is given every year to determine an old person's ability to drive......if they fail bye bye driver's licensce, if they pass well they get to keep on driving

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I get annoyed alot by elderly drivers.They seem not to know what a gas pedal is. Some don't even excede 20 moh hour anywhere. Addded to the fact that alot of eledrly drivers I have seen are shoirt and canbarley see above the dash board. So I'd have to say yes there should be an age limit to which you are allowed to drive say 60.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

I think once people reach the age of 65...or maybe 70, they should retake their driver's test.

Didn't your mom ever tell you that if you meet a strange man to protect your wallet and your asshole no matter what? ---Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

once people hit like the 50 mark, they should be tested more often to make sure they are able to drive.

I have almost been hit by to many of them cause they can't see

Signature

when you look into the shadows you will find a friend

Thanks DREAM for the great sig

Absolutely NOT! I understand there are varying degrees of oldness, but if you're the kind of old that tells you it's okay to make a new left-hand turn when you're in the lane to my right and I'm going straight, you should not drive and you should not be allowed to vote or push a cart around at the grocery store. You may be allowed to tell pointless, meandering anecdotes to your grandlarvae, but don't talk to people at random. You're just making them old too.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

i think that if that 'old' person can't see or think well, then no. but if that person is perfectly fine and has no vision or mental handicap...i think it's fine. old people can drive too. it's not that bad. but just for safety, that person should have someone else with them.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Old people should not be allowed to drive because their visions are not good enough, their reflections are not quick enough either, it's better to have someone else drive them.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

It's funny how lots of people complain of how they drive slow. Your not gonna get into an accident or get a ticket if your driving the limit or slightly slower. Most accidents are caused by excessive speed, and careless driving. Not to mention Alcohol. Seriously don't get all upset whenever your behind an elderly driver thats doing the limit. Just pass them and get along with the rest of your day. I like to think of their slow driving is a message to all the younger drivers on the road today to slow down a little.

How many of you people were passed by a young driver doin' 30+ km/h over the limit? Or how many of you see younger drivers turning or passing without any signals? Most old drivers I know, don't drive 30+ km/h over the limit, and most I know use their turn signals at every turn, EVEN in supermarket parking lots. Tho it is annoying when sometimes they forget that their signal is stuck on. :nya:

You have the right idea! You can be 80 and still be a competent driver.

Quote by dutchforceOld people should get off the road as soon as possible. It's not like they got anywhere to go, anyway.

Your really gonna hate it when your old and they take away your license just because of your age.

What should happen is for drivers that are 70+ They should be Educated and possibly re-tested whenever they're license is up for renewal. I'm only 22 but I can imagine that the rules of the road were a lot different back then, compared to the rules and regulations of today. You just can't discriminate people for being old.

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

Quote by dutchforceOld people should get off the road as soon as possible. It's not like they got anywhere to go, anyway.

LMFAO they drive too slow.

Not all older people are slow drivers, and certainly not all older people have bad eyesight, etc. Its a pretty huge statement to say that all older people shouldn't be allowed to drive/have a curfew time when the majority aren't all that bad, a lot of it is simply eggateration and impatience on others' part.

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

Quote by crsgNot all older people are slow drivers, and certainly not all older people have bad eyesight, etc. Its a pretty huge statement to say that all older people shouldn't be allowed to drive/have a curfew time when the majority aren't all that bad, a lot of it is simply eggateration and impatience on others' part.

My thoughts Exactly!

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.