Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why Pokemon Why Is It So Popular - Minitokyo

Why Pokemon Why Is It So Popular

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Why is pokemon so popular I don't get it. I mean there are tons of GB games plus a couple of bigger console games. There is a TCg game thats been around for awhile. Plus all the toys made. Don't get me started on the series itself. I think there is even a manga or something out there in Japan. My question is why is pokemon so bloody popular. The Tv show is so idiotic. Nothing that happens in the show would ever really happen. o I'm talking about the existance of Pokemon. I'm talking about the interaction of Ash and his friends with people they meet. It's so messed up. Then the games have the same exact prinicples. Sure add a pokemon here change graphics there but it's all the same. Catch Pokemon collect them all beat gym leaders. This question has been bugging me ever since reading about the new Pokemon GCN game coming out. So please can someone answer this questiona and put my mind at ease again

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

well its mostly popular with just the littler kids.
the show is so idiotic cause its meant for kids between the ages of 3-8 or something like that
when i was littler, probably like 7 or 8 years old i couldnt get enough of that crap! i have no idea what i liked about it though...
the games and such are just the attempt at trying to keep the pokemon fad going since it kinda died since it first came out to america.
well i hope that put your mind to rest at little bit!

Signature Image

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

Aye little kids are brainwashed easily by subliminal messages. Everyone was like that once.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

jotfif

jotfif

.:.bang ur all dead.:.

pokemon is < junk crap > pokemon is for lil kiddys i would have to say it would be a show for 2 years old to like 10 years odd the pokemon were made so chilish it is i say they showed replace pokemon with more gundam shows or mabe....um sum thing better...um .. well like ever one who watches it are lolkiddys and the big nurds that use pokemon

Signature
Im the great JOTFIF and U all know it

Pokemon was an original idea. That is why it became so popular, especially with young crowds of children starting all over japan, and soon into the america's. I mean, the sheer idea of the show, having these magical creatures with powers in which you could order around, brought people into the show. That why i believe it was so popular.

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

Pokemon should have died ages ago..... the only reason it hasn't is cause the creator decides to add 150 more of the little suckers when the series starts to die again.....

Signature Image

NegativeBahamut

NegativeBahamut

The Grim Angel

The TV show... blows. The games... are all the same. What is Nintendo thinking?! The series shoud have died two or three seasons ago, and instead of sending out Ruby and Saphire, they should have skipped to Emarald, which is like Ruby 2.0. I am sure many agree with me. But the reason Pokemon is popular is because there are people that still love that kind of stuff, you know, the upgrades, the new pokemon and all that.

Signature Image

It is my duty to pass judgement... the will of the gods is absolute." -Ledah

demonwerewolf01

the lone wolf has arrived

pokemon is popular for some unknown reason to me its like why is anime poopular?

hiya guys i play giuld wars and stuff and watch anime to death ^^

its all part of a government conspiracy to brainwash kids into wasting money on anything with pokemon on it.

Signature

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianPokemon should have died ages ago..... the only reason it hasn't is cause the creator decides to add 150 more of the little suckers when the series starts to die again.....

thats true...ever tiem a new game or new season comes out it has taken about 1 year...they keep making new stuff to the NEW children...if they whould keep showing the old stuff none of them whould look at it..all ways..and i mean ALLways they find out a NEW way to revive those sucking walking dolls or what the **** they are....

It is time for you to drown

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

It's not really popular anymore. ^_^;

maggothumper

maggothumper

Demon Eyes

i think the reason why pokemon is popular is because of its crazy immagination....
imagine your self having a pokemon... wouldn't that be awsome

Signature Image

dvx

dvx

Otaku

It airs on local television. That's one thing that got it to be popular. Not everyone has cable.

Signature Image
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Samix

You win a cookie. :)

It was a bit of an original idea, but for me, it died pretty quickly. The games were great at first and then died, just like the anime. Meh. I'm just guessing people love pokemon at first, then sometime later they suddenly don't like it. It loses what made it fun at first.

But it was one of the animes that didn't sound so bad in english and the 'gotta catch em all' idea was quite original at the time. Maybe that's why it was popular?

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

Quote by WindAlchemistwell its mostly popular with just the littler kids.
the show is so idiotic cause its meant for kids between the ages of 3-8
or something like that
when i was littler, probably like 7 or 8 years old i couldnt get enough
of that crap! i have no idea what i liked about it though...
the games and such are just the attempt at trying to keep the pokemon
fad going since it kinda died since it first came out to america.
well i hope that put your mind to rest at little bit!

i know its like we couldnt hate it! damn subliminal messages...

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

Limefreak

Limefreak

So many Limes so little time

Yeah,Pokemon really had gotten so rediculous Team Rocket would just try to steal either the pokemon of the "episode" or Pikachu.
ZZZZZzzzz...
The movies were somewhat ok and at times the graphics were cool but,other than that it's so history! ^_^' >.<

because chinpoke-mon never made it past south park

we are the sons of reach we may of lost or bodies but we will walk tword the light and sear the flesh of the devil, we are her ever fighting spartains.

You know what of the first thing that I like about Pokemon is that IMO it really helps making anime successful in the United States. I didn't really like the first game, but I've thougth that I had to buy it to know what all this fuss was about and I was quite disapointed, but oddly enough I really like Silver and Gold, but not Ruby. I think that collecting differents "pets" is quite appealing. And the game is quite easy, and now the gameplay is well-known.

And there are at least four mangas about Pokemon. And I still watc the anime cause it was one of the recent ones aired where I live and it is a perfect anime to clear/empty the mind (I guess that I spend too much time reading/watching news, so that's a nice change).

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

I liked pokemon at the beginning, and I still like the first two games, and a few episodes of the anime, but then they made more and more and it all got so senseless, which is why it isn't as popular anymore (except with my 2 year old cousin, but he's more into Spiderman anyway)

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

pokemon was good at first but in the next seasons it was boredoom it will always be the same thing no matter what they put the challenge will be catch pokemon beat gym leaders and go to the legue.

now how thwy put it is for lil kiddos the games can play it anyone if the like them but in japan pokemon is kawaii all the time.

staplefreak6

staplefreak6

I love Vincent!

hey....atleast it aint teletubies or w/e it is...those suckas are annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature Image

i luff u vinny!!!! ^_^

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

Teletubies own pokemon with an iron fist. Plus the animators are getting kind of lazy. Going back to my pokemon game, I sware there are like 5 different versions of pikachu, and yet they're differnet, and people dont seem to notice. The only thing they should be doing with pokemon is increasing quality of the games. I mean, when I'm bored, I go to play it a little, and somewhat enjoy it. Wouldnt mind something better.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

Berserker13

Berserker13

Azure Sky

Its still popular cuz of all the lil kids who r brainwashed into wanting it then the parents r suckered into getting it 4 their kids

Whoever created it could've retired A LONG TIME AGO WITH millions!!!

:angry:

Signature
"What should one be FIGHTING for?"
Pure is Impure~Impure is Pure~To live is to DIE~To Die is to LIVE

flclinutri

flclinutri

Evil Yaoi Fangirl

Well, speaking as a former little kid and a girl, most of the girls i think liked Pokemon because of the cute little creatures, such as Pikachu, and of course the other cute creatures. It stops getting cute after a while because they run out of Pokemon to create and look cute. For the guys i think, it's because they get to see how powerful the pokemon are. Plus with all the advertising and money they spend on Pokemon, It has to be popular. Non-cable Television cost so much that parents don't want to buy it and kids live off of saturday morning cartoons so yeah. Everyone starts out with Pokemon anime as a child.

~:You're going to hell where I'll be torturing you:~
[url =http://groups.minitokyo.net/japaneselover/]#JapaneseLover# [/url]

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.