Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever wonder why female anime characters are never fat? - Minitokyo

Ever wonder why female anime characters are never fat?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

you should look one female manga that very fun and i like it so much.
it's about a fat women that love a very beautiful guy. (he's really beautiful more than smart)
so she try to do everything to get her slim.
and when she slim she found that this guy love her when her fat so much and he thing she had died. (cause she change her name too)
so she try to fat again but that's very difficult more than when she want to slim.
that very funny for me.

mmm why? because they dont look so beautiful enough if they're too fat (some people opinion tough) and maybe they did'nt look so much, but i think they're still cute

hehehe you got a good point but its better when they hot anyway

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

anjo

nouqhou

yes ... i've wondered that too!! i guess they won't attract people ?? o_O lol XP

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

It's not just anime; it's the same with live-action stuff, probably for similar reasons.

I don't see a lot of fat women in American animation either. Show me one in X-Men Evolution.

Why are there no overweight females in anime? For the same reason that there are 14 or 15 year old girls with D-cup and beyond bra sizes in anime (possible slight exaggeration :D ). For the same reason that it takes just a little more or a little less than the opening credits to see a panty shot in anime. The bottom line is sex/sex appeal sells.

lol. ppl wouldnt want to watch fat anime girls =). besides u wont see any fat ppl in japan except for the sumo wrestlers (but i do have respect for their stature in japanese culture) . as previously said, the concept of overweight/obese doesnt exist in japan, unlike america which has a high population of overweight and obese ppl. to sum it all up, that concept doesnt transcend into anime content. correct me if i'm wrong though =)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sumisyo

sumisyo

Smile Ed

Yes, I do find it quite bizarre that there are very few big women in anime and manga. I have yet to find a hefty main character. But, it would be intriguing to see one.

Beccieboo

H e l l o . . .

some female anime characters are fat, but there also really ugly and old though ^^

Beccie XxX

I'm still here. . . all thats left of yesterday. . .

Easy. Who wants to watch anime with fat and non-beautiful women? = P

Quote by delphonic We're one of the
fattest countries in the world. Blame the Americans' love of greasy
foods if you must, but it's the unfortunate truth.

Hehehe...funny to that it turns out all those "diet" drinks with aspirtame (nutrasweet,yadda..)actually are habit forming,and can cause one to get fat.

Fuu from samurai champloo fat ... when she eat alot lol.

Do you people seriously watch anime for realism? If so then you are looking in the wrong place.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

It's weird that we see fat men in anime(ex. Choji and his dad in Naruto) but we don't see fat women. It's odd..

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Cute, sexy, and beautiful girls attract more viewers and are easier to draw. :)

~Absorb All Awesome Anime~

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Well, yeah, it is because no one would want to watch an anime with a fat girl in it. But what about guys. I can only think of two fat guys.

I've seen fat girls in anime (I can't remember which) and I've seen stocky tom-boy like girls too. But yeah, mostly people are not interested in that. Heroes are almost never fat either male or female. A lot of people watch anime to escape, who wants to escape to someone ugly or fat?

Signature

I was too under the impression that most of the japanese women aren't fat. Healthy life : soja, fish, vegetables, no heavy sauce... no wonder they live longer. I don't think it's that usual to see overweigth woman in japan. And what about american movies ? After all, the USA have the most important part of its population that's overweigth (I don't remember the percentage, but I think it was more than 20 %)

It could also be genetic. I know by example, that polynesians stock well the fat cause they were people who had to travel a long time without being sure to find food everyday.

I remember the nurse or doctor in Peach Girl and another character too...

I remember that

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Nope. I've never wondered why. After all, if you were going to draw the female form, wouldn't you idealize her shape?

yeah, there's a reason, of course but i dont know what that reason is! ^_^' i guess i'd hafta agree with some of you people ! seems very reasonable and possiblys true! :D

definately becuase the hot anime girls sell more.

John 3:17 - God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

A relationship with God is between you and Him. Don't worry if your pace doesn't please someone; it's all you. You're doing fine; He loves you just the way you are.

Quote by gpo1zephyranthesEasy. Who wants to watch anime with fat and non-beautiful women? = P

I second that. :)

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

There are some fat female characters, for example, Satsuki Yotsuba from Mahou Sensei Negima, she is pretty pudgy. There is also this very ugly woman in the anime called MAR who is kinda fat, I can't remember her name.
WARNING: SPOILER--------->>In Yakitate!! Japan, Pierrot's mother used to be so fat that she died. But then later he ate some bread that Kazuma made which made him go into the past. So then Pierrot changed the past so now his mother not dead anymore.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 48 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.