Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Another Anime Ruined - Minitokyo

Another Anime Ruined

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Eebleguat

Eebleguat

"Ouch!"

I recently saw sCRYed and I was horrified by bad translations. " I believe in drastic my soul" still haunts me in my sleep. I couldn't bear One Piece's voices. Sanji's voice is by far the worst voiceover I've ever heard and my sister watches Nickelodeon. Why does Cartoon Ntework ruin so many great anime shows with terrible censors?Why would Sanji run around with a lolipop in his mouth? What did Yusuke do when he snuck up behind Keiko. I heard Ranma 1/2 was on there. I can't imagine how much censoring there was.

Signature
	Image New Stuff Coming soon!
check out http://kayashimagoof.deviantart.com for more of my art

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

It's because the US has different standards then Japan. Ir there was no censoring most Anime wouldn't even be seen in the US if you didn't buy the anime. Plus One Piece is shown on Saturday mornings when kids usually watch tv so no cigarettes for Sanji

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

While CN may ruin anime with their translations and censoring, it does have a good side in that it introduces many people to anime they may never have known otherwise. I never heard of sCRYed before it came on CN, but have started to really like the series. I haven't seen any of the DVDs yet, but after I get back from vacation and see the rest of Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins, I plan on adding sCRYed to my Blockbuster online queue to see the series how it is supposed to be.

Eebleguat

Eebleguat

"Ouch!"

I like how they're showing uncensored DBZ now. It's a lot better. If they minimized the censoring, that wouldn't make it not seen. Adult Swim has a lot more uncensored shows. When they censor it to the point that you don't know what happened, it's too much. Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin can easily be on Adult Swim without any censoring. One Piece is on CN at 10, so I don't see why Sanji can't have a cigarette. Futurama is on after One Piece.....enough said there. I just don't know why they take out a lot of things that would've been fine.

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by EebleguatI like how they're showing uncensored DBZ now. It's a lot better. If they minimized the censoring, that wouldn't make it not seen. Adult Swim has a lot more uncensored shows. When they censor it to the point that you don't know what happened, it's too much. Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin can easily be on Adult Swim without any censoring. One Piece is on CN at 10, so I don't see why Sanji can't have a cigarette. Futurama is on after One Piece.....enough said there. I just don't know why they take out a lot of things that would've been fine.

Yeah since Adult Swim is on so late it is unlikely that kids would be watching so CN is at more liberty to air uncensored shows like they are doing right now. I don't know why they don't show an uncensored version of One Piece I guess they are to lazy or something. YuYu Hakusho was censored though never knew that.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

EchoChan

EchoChan

The All Purpose Animal

I agree with Tettsuro-san. Just take what's shown on TV with a few grains of salt, and treat them like free samples, like you get at a supermarket.

Indeed, I never would have become an anime fan if I hadn't seen Sailor Moon on TV, badly dubbed and censored though it was. Same with Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Ghost in the Shell: SAC and Fullmetal Alchemist, among others.

I tend to take censorship of anime as a "semi-neccesary evil." Who knows? Some standards may change in the future... but maybe I'm being a dreamer.

Always remember that everyone is the hero of their own story.

well the problem with the shows before adult swim comes on is that 4kids has the rights to publish it and then lend it to CN so 4kids actually does the censoring and CN has to deal with it. It works the same way for a bunch of their previous shows.

p.s. does anyone know when the third Inuyasha movie comes out?

Quote by MJCCslave p.s. does anyone know
when the third Inuyasha movie comes out?

September 6th

adventchildvii

adventchildvii

Psychotic Soul

CN's anime translations stink, their dubbing stinks too, they sound so childish sometimes. I've seen the same show dubbed in the US and in Manila and they sound so much different, stupid CN dubbing. Lousy American dubbing is why i prefer to watch Anime in original Japanese with subtitles, even if i can't understand much of whats being said.

\"Is it surprising that prisons resemble factories and that schools, barracks and hospitals resemble prisons?.\"
God Didn\'t Create Man; Man Created God

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Quote by adventchildviiCN's anime translations stink, their dubbing stinks too, they sound so
childish sometimes. I've seen the same show dubbed in the US and in
Manila and they sound so much different, stupid CN dubbing. Lousy
American dubbing is why i prefer to watch Anime in original Japanese
with subtitles, even if i can't understand much of whats being said.

The Americans just want to have their way on helping children whats better
for them, watchin the anime that was fixed by the americans jus make it boring.

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

Quote by ad[quote=adventchildviiCN's anime translations stink, their dubbing stinks too, they sound so childish sometimes. I've seen the same show dubbed in the US and in
Manila and they sound so much different, stupid CN dubbing.

You know Cartoon Network doesn't actually translate or dub these shows themselves, right? The only thing CN is involved with is buying them to broadcast on TV.

If you knew that and are just speaking in general, then sorry and forget I said anything.

xkaleidostarx

xkaleidostarx

Smile! ^_^

Why do people continuously complain? -_- That's what I'd like to know.
If you hate the dubs so much, then just watch the subs and get over it. Not everything is perfect, you know. ~_~

Signature Image
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Eebleguat

Eebleguat

"Ouch!"

Yeah, YYH was censored a lot. It's hillarious unedited! When you get the real thing, you have to buy it or find a illegal, pirated version on the internet before it's closed down. 4kids is a terrible company, as I know from Saint Seiya a.k.a: Knights of the Zodiac. There are a lot of things that don't need to be changed, like songs and words. DBZ is so different in english that it gets confusing when you read the manga( ex: Super Saiyan=Super Saiyajin, Krillin=Kuririn). The anime on demand and the anime network should be in a normal package and not extra. It's crazy to pay 30$ for 4 episodes on a DVD. It just would be nice if they kept it as close to the original as possible. It's hard if you're not rich like some other people that can afford to pay 200$ for the first half of Ruorouni Kenshin.

Signature

sacredsky

sacredsky

Haunted by Ghosts

Quote by xkaleidostarxWhy do people continuously complain? -_- That's what I'd like to know.
If you hate the dubs so much, then just watch the subs and get over it. Not everything is perfect, you know. ~_~

Yeah, I agree with her. Alot of the anime that has sucky voiceovers and stuff like that was aimed at kids so they could get hooked on it and buy alot of merchandise and what not. If you're to mature for that, go get the unedited version.

Signature

Kuka-Manga

Kuka-Manga

Anime Lover

sCRYed isn't that great of a show to begin with, but yeah, good dubs are rare.

Quote by delphonicYou know Cartoon Network doesn't actually translate or dub these shows
themselves, right? The only thing CN is involved with is buying them to
broadcast on TV.

They don't buy. They make contracts.

I think Adult Swim needs to have it's own channel and have all the anime cartoon network's ever shown.

Eebleguat

Eebleguat

"Ouch!"

Quote by sacredsky

Quote by xkaleidostarxWhy do people continuously complain? -_- That's what I'd like to know.

Yeah, I agree with her. Alot of the anime that has sucky voiceovers and stuff like that was aimed at kids so they could get hooked on it and buy alot of merchandise and what not. If you're to mature for that, go get the unedited version.

How do you buy the show if you are broke. If the companies are going to edit that much, they should make it cheaper. Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken, and the other Adult Swim shows are so vile compared to anime. Most has a butt or a cigarette and some mild cursing. Companies should be more like how DBZ is now. They can show it like crap to start, but edit less when you repeat. I have a new liking to DBZ now because of the makeover they did on the show.

I definitely agree with the above. Adult Swim should be it's own channel. In fact, I only watch Cartoon Network for Adult Swim, now.

merged: 09-29-2007 ~ 08:21am
One Piece is pretty much a lost cause (now I see why so many people hate 4Kids TV). Cartoon Network has seriously redeemed themselves, now. A lot better anime, now. Bleach is done exactly the way it should be: just enough editing to be on TV. Blood+ is seriously under edited, though. Seriously.
I'm liking Geneon a lot, now. Gonzo and Sunrise are good, too. They don't kill anime.
Funimation is doing well, too. They even have their own channel, now. I was surprised when I saw that on my Fios.
I'm happy that all the shows on CN are pretty good, now.

Signature

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.