Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ghost in the Shell - Live-Action Film - Minitokyo

Ghost in the Shell - Live-Action Film

Tagged under Ghost in the Shell

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Does anyone know if there are plans for a Ghost in the Shell live-action film? Who would you want to direct? Who would you cast?

I dont know if there will be one
We just have to find out

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Let's hope not, I don't want GITS to end up like G-saviour. But the upcoming Transformers looks promising though, what do u expect? Spielberg is involved!
And btw, Voltron is going live too!

Signature

That's good to hear, Z. I had heard rumors of the Transformer movie and I was quite worried. I'm curious to see how Spielberg is going to explain how Megatron transforms from a two-story tall kill-bot into a Walther P-38 that's roughly the size of a tennis racquet. Voltron could be cool too.

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Quote by WRATHputinThat's good to hear, Z. I had heard rumors of the Transformer movie and I was quite worried. I'm curious to see how Spielberg is going to explain how Megatron transforms from a two-story tall kill-bot into a Walther P-38 that's roughly the size of a tennis racquet. Voltron could be cool too.

That's the wonder of a cartoon as compared to a live-action. Some things are better left unexplained... ^^ Maybe there will not be a Megatron, but Galvatron??

Signature

jeremym1978

jeremym1978

Meh \0/

yeah, let's pray there isn't a live action gits.. just think back (or go rent) the live action version of Fist of the North Star.. starring Mario and Melvin Peebles and Down Town Judy Brown x_x

DAoC, SWG, Planetside, Guildwars accounts all on vacation
Lineage 2 - LadyMidori the monk on Erica
House Masamune - Clan Shinsen Gumi
Sony Bitch for life
Collector of all things anime (long as my wallet doesn't die)
Signature

Katherinemoon

Katherinemoon

Come with me

Where did you guys hear all this from?

Call me Princess!!

Oh crap. Mario Van Peebles was in that movie? Wasn't he in Juiced or New Jack City? Crap! They shouldn't make a GITS movie just in case they want to break Jennifer Lopez into sci-fi. Although, it might be worth it if Gary Busey was cast as Batou and Chuck Norris as Togusa.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by Zeliard

Quote by WRATHputinThat's good to hear, Z. I had heard rumors of the Transformer movie and I was quite worried. I'm curious to see how Spielberg is going to explain how Megatron transforms from a two-story tall kill-bot into a Walther P-38 that's roughly the size of a tennis racquet. Voltron could be cool too.

That's the wonder of a cartoon as compared to a live-action. Some things are better left unexplained... ^^ Maybe there will not be a Megatron, but Galvatron??

Weren't they planning to make him something else instead of a gun. I mean that was the reason he wasn't reissued as his toy self in the states. Ghost in the Shell live action I don't know about that isn't that going to be a bit hard. They'd have to do alot of CG work and well blending CG and live action doesn't always work.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

NO Gits movie, I'm already sick to my stomach because of live action eva comming out. I'm sure that one gonna be great(yeah right)

Quote by Spystreak

Quote by Zeliard

Weren't they planning to make him something else instead of a gun. I mean that was the reason he wasn't reissued as his toy self in the states. Ghost in the Shell live action I don't know about that isn't that going to be a bit hard. They'd have to do alot of CG work and well blending CG and live action doesn't always work.

I can't imaging that GITS would be more difficult than doing a live-action transformer movie or Spiderman for that matter. The good thing is that much of GITS takes place at night it seems and darkness is the best friend of CG.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by WRATHputin
I can't imaging that GITS would be more difficult than doing a live-action transformer movie or Spiderman for that matter. The good thing is that much of GITS takes place at night it seems and darkness is the best friend of CG.

Yeah, not all Live action is bad. Initial D live action was not bad.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Somewhat.... if they won't make it better than the anime series, it'll be bad anyway. It'll be good only if they'll surpass the original story... in GiTS language "if the movie becomes a SAC".
Personally, I woulnd't want to see it any time soon...

To fly beyond ones dreams ...

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

If they do try to convert it into a live action I think they should get the Wachowski brothers (the Matrix) to direct. I think that the style from The Matrix would be very helpful to a live action version of GitS. Either them or Pete Jackson given his ability to delve into the depths of a project
As for actors that is a tough choice.
Motoko would have to be played by a very in shape actress that has a fairly commanding presence and I do not know of many actresses that could pull that off except maybe Jolie but I do not know if she would fit in that role.
Batou would have to look the part of a veteran and come across as very confident. Maybe someone like Brian Thompson
Togousa would not be Chuck Norris. I do not think that is a good fit at all. I am think more along the lines of a Gary Oldman given Togousa's introspective nature but ability to take quick action

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

the next one will be an anime

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

DOn't bump two year old inactive threads.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.