Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 ipod walls rant - Minitokyo

ipod walls rant

page 1 of 1 22 total items

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I've been seeing a lot of those 'ipod spoofs' popping up in the gallery recently. The first one done by Tama-neko was good because Mugen (from Samaurai Champloo) has a break dancing style. Some of the more recent ones have characters jsut standing there. If you've seen the ipod commercials, you'd know that the sillohettes of the people are never just standing there. Some of these wallpapers don't even have the arrow things that go across. It seems a very lame way to make a wall because you just need a character, turn it all black, add a random background colour, and draw in the ipod or ishuffle or whatever. The first one was OK because it was originial the person actually looked like he was in motion. The ones that came after it seem like they are lames copies of the first one.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Can't really say. I've never seen any of them except for maybe 2. I liked the ones that I saw so I don't know what to say really

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Some of them aren't even vectored. *shudders*
I mean, they were original when Tama-Neko started doing them, but people have whored her idea. >_>

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Quote by zephiris26Some of them aren't even vectored. *shudders*
I mean, they were original when Tama-Neko started doing them, but people have whored her idea. >_>

XD Sensei~ I agree with u, i've saw a few that wasnt even Vect out just cut out and change all into black.

kauriswings

kauriswings

skrzydla jej serce

There is one in Tsubasa that has sakura dancing with a blue background, it sorta looks like she's in motion.

I'll never forget the day you told me you loved me,
i will always try to forget the day that you said you didn't love me...

I've seen a number which the forground character is hard to distingish as an anime or manga character. Those are prety poorly done.

Yeah and besides...iPods suck. Why would anyone make a wall for them?

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by PhoegonYeah and besides...iPods suck. Why would anyone make a wall for them?

I'm not saying iPods suck. If you want to find an iPOD wall that doesn't suck, then go check Tama-neko's gallery. I'm ranting about how unfair it is that some people who spend 15 mins on a wall get the same amount of fame as a person who spends 3 hours or more.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image

So Tama was the first one to do an iPod wallpaper? Didn't know that.
Well yeah most of them are crap cause the maker just don't know what he/she wants and then makes a random iPod wall. The iPod walls need some work to be put into them too.

I wouldn't even make one if didn't have an iPod, but I do have a shuffle. I have a plan to make an iPod wall that will revolutonize iPod walls...well that is in the future and also off-topic.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by drellSo Tama was the first one to do an iPod wallpaper? Didn't know that.
Well yeah most of them are crap cause the maker just don't know what he/she wants and then makes a random iPod wall. The iPod walls need some work to be put into them too.
I wouldn't even make one if didn't have an iPod, but I do have a shuffle. I have a plan to make an iPod wall that will revolutonize iPod walls...well that is in the future and also off-topic.

I'm not sure Tama was the first one but Tama made the first popular(and good) one. By the amount of favourites and popularity it got, it probably caused people to think that it was an easy way to make a wall.

Signature Image

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Whoa relax man. You're making this sound like a personal problem to you.

Yeah, other than Tama's work, most of them are pretty dull but I have no problem whatsoever about this. If you do a search on Photoshop tutorials, you'll see one on how to make an iPod style ad. It's pretty common actually. Some of them probably took that and applied it to their works.

Quote by drell
I wouldn't even make one if didn't have an iPod, but I do have a
shuffle. I have a plan to make an iPod wall that will revolutonize iPod
walls...well that is in the future and also off-topic.

Has the world gone crazy? hongrbori is right...people need to stop buying iPods and making walls about them.

Well I do think that it's waller's decision if they want to do it or not and it is us, the members of the MT community to judge and give comments about them. Now if they make a low-effort wall (turning it black and adding the necessary objects w/o even bothering to vector) then I don't see the point of letting it slide from one of Minitokyo's submission policy.

Quote by MinitokyoHow is the quality and effort of my wallpapers evaluated?
Actually, effort is more important than quality, especially for new members. These are four points that, if followed, will greatly increase the chances of your wallpapers staying on Minitokyo.
1) Extraction.
2) Cleaning.
3) Layout.
4) Quality and effort in designing the background.

Please refer to the submissions and submitting part of the faq for further details.

I have seen iPod walls that can be said as low-effort in nature such as those mentioned above. For that, I would like to introduce wallers with the Pen tool. Of course they should pick a suitable image beforehand. I personally like the idea of iPod walls. They look cute but you can't have too much of a good thing. Go against the flow and start discovering your own personal style.

I feel that from hindering the use of these walls (especially those who are new to the subject) must also be acceptable to those cliche walls too such as the moon and grass ones. That would be like taking a whole step from a staircase. In my opinion, wallers must be considerate of Minitokyo's space and goals. Wallers must not submit walls just for the sake of submitting but also to join the community and make MT a better place.

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by white-zeroWhoa relax man. You're making this sound like a personal problem to you.
Yeah, other than Tama's work, most of them are pretty dull but I have no problem whatsoever about this. If you do a search on Photoshop tutorials, you'll see one on how to make an iPod style ad. It's pretty common actually. Some of them probably took that and applied it to their works.

It kind of is a personal problem because I am a waller myself and some of these bad iPOD walls are getting more favourites than my walls just because the waller has like a billion friends on their friendslist.

Quote by Phoegon

Quote by drellI wouldn't even make one if didn't have an iPod, but I do have a
shuffle. I have a plan to make an iPod wall that will revolutonize iPod
walls...well that is in the future and also off-topic.

Has the world gone crazy? hongrbori is right...people need to stop buying iPods and making walls about them.

I'm not saying to stop buying iPODs. iPODs are great-i admit that i want one myself....but the amount of thses walls being made is too much. It doesn't take too much time and effort to make a bad one.

Quote by kaiser47Well I do think that it's waller's decision if they want to do it or not and it is us, the members of the MT community to judge and give comments about them. Now if they make a low-effort wall (turning it black and adding the necessary objects w/o even bothering to vector) then I don't see the point of letting it slide from one of Minitokyo's submission policy.

Quote by MinitokyoHow is the quality and effort of my wallpapers evaluated?
Actually, effort is more important than quality, especially for new members. These are four points that, if followed, will greatly increase the chances of your wallpapers staying on Minitokyo.
1) Extraction. 2) Cleaning. 3) Layout.
4) Quality and effort in designing the background.

Please refer to the submissions and submitting part of the faq for further details.
I have seen iPod walls that can be said as low-effort in nature such as those mentioned above. For that, I would like to introduce wallers with the Pen tool. Of course they should pick a suitable image beforehand. I personally like the idea of iPod walls. They look cute but you can't have too much of a good thing. Go against the flow and start discovering your own personal style.
I feel that from hindering the use of these walls (especially those who are new to the subject) must also be acceptable to those cliche walls too such as the moon and grass ones. That would be like taking a whole step from a staircase. In my opinion, wallers must be considerate of Minitokyo's space and goals. Wallers must not submit walls just for the sake of submitting but also to join the community and make MT a better place.

I agree. I myself am a newbie waller. I've have done the moon and grass things. But those take at least a bit of effort and creativity to make. If walls are rated on MT like you said, that would be great. But people with a billion friends will sometimes (or most of the time)get more comments and favs than a person who spent real effort and time (and creativity) to do a wall but with onli like 5 firends on their list.

Signature Image

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Quote by hongrboiIt kind of is a personal problem because I am a waller myself and some of these bad iPOD walls are getting more favourites than my walls just because the waller has like a billion friends on their friendslist.

Well, that's the fact, man. No use in debating about it. A gallery with favoritism in mind is always a bad thing.

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Quote by hongrboiIt kind of is a personal problem because I am a waller
myself and some of these bad iPOD walls are getting more favourites
than my walls just because the waller has like a billion friends on
their friendslist.

That sounds like a personal grudge...i make ipod walls,so hate me,say that is easy...try to make one...not easy at all...

K I R A B O S H I !

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by white-zero

Quote by hongrboiIt kind of is a personal problem because I am a waller myself and some of these bad iPOD walls are getting more favourites than my walls just because the waller has like a billion friends on their friendslist.

Well, that's the fact, man. No use in debating about it. A gallery with favoritism in mind is always a bad thing.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But that's what the MT community uses to measure how good a wall is and i can't change the way the whole MT community thinks.

Quote by Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Quote by hongrboiIt kind of is a personal problem because I am a waller
myself and some of these bad iPOD walls are getting more favourites
than my walls just because the waller has like a billion friends on
their friendslist.

That sounds like a personal grudge...i make ipod walls,so hate me,say that is easy...try to make one...not easy at all...

I know it is hard to make agood one. But some of them make the sillohuette figures by just selecting the image and filling it with black. No vectoring. If i knew how to vector, i could make an iPOD wall. I don't want to just fill it with black.

Signature Image

That's another discussion. For me, MT is not a community for showing off the number of the favorites you got. Minitokyo is not a popularity contest. It's for interaction through the means of digital art and social discussions. If you would want to have as much comments as possible, then I think that making friends is a normal thing to do. Think about it and it's also applicable in real life.

As for favorites, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.", as they say. It's just that friends tend to be biased among each other. You can't remedy that. I hope that people will become better friends by giving honest feedback.

Edit: Also, I think that the favorites system is the best system for MT. That way, people will feel special because of the number of those who love their works. On the other hand, people viewing a gallery item may give suggestive comments and wallers may use the update button. I don't know but I really think that it fits MT the most. Rating system would bring much more complication as enemies of a person may give a wonderful item a bad score.

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Really great answer kaiser ^^,nothing more to say...is a really smart and mature answer

K I R A B O S H I !

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by kaiser47That's another discussion. For me, MT is not a community for showing
off the number of the favorites you got. Minitokyo is not a popularity
contest. It's for interaction through the means of digital art and
social discussions. If you would want to have as much comments as
possible, then I think that making friends is a normal thing to do.
Think about it and it's also applicable in real life. As for favorites,
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.", as they say. It's just that
friends tend to be biased among each other. You can't remedy that. I
hope that people will become better friends by giving honest feedback.
Edit: Also, I think that the favorites system is the best system for
MT. That way, people will feel special because of the number of those
who love their works. On the other hand, people viewing a gallery item
may give suggestive comments and wallers may use the update button. I
don't know but I really think that it fits MT the most. Rating system
would bring much more complication as enemies of a person may give a
wonderful item a bad score.

*claps* The whole level business really adds fuel to that fire... It certainly does seem like a popularity contest with not enough focus on the other important things, like discussion and review. It'd be nice if there were some sort of rating system for reviews...

As fot the iPod wallpapers, I had thought about it long before I first saw Tama-neko's work. I first stumbled upon it at DA! before I saw it on MT. The iPloo one was her most recent work, with many others coming before it. It might be a good "first project" for someone learning to vector... like me :)

Quote by kaiser47Rating system would bring much more complication as enemies of a person may give a wonderful item a bad score.

This also works in reverse and doesn't completely fix the problem. I see it as a step in the right direction though.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by kaiser47That's another discussion. For me, MT is not a community for showing off the number of the favorites you got. Minitokyo is not a popularity contest. It's for interaction through the means of digital art and social discussions. If you would want to have as much comments as possible, then I think that making friends is a normal thing to do. Think about it and it's also applicable in real life.

I think you hit on the point.
There are too many threads on "How do I reach LV 10" or "Who's the most popular member in Minitokyo", it really starts to make you wonder as to what Minitokyo is made for. People become preoccupied with levels and not concerned as to how they can contribute to the site

that being said, the level system is what makes Minitokyo so popular.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I'm not really concerned about getting favourites to get experience. But the number of favourites subtly represent how good a wall is.

Quote: As fot the iPod wallpapers, I had thought about it long before I first saw Tama-neko's work. I first stumbled upon it at DA! before I saw it on MT. The iPloo one was her most recent work, with many others coming before it. It might be a good "first project" for someone learning to vector... like me

I'm not complaining to the people who actually spend time on it. I'm complaining about the poeple that take just select the iamge and fill it with black.

Quote by kawaiiguy
Edit: Also, I think that the favorites system is the best system for MT. That way, people will feel special because of the number of those who love their works.

I agree that the people will feel special about it but it shouldn't depend on how amny people are on your friendslist. I also think MT needs a new rating system...but I'm not sure how...so for now, I guess the best is favourites.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.