Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Impossible concepts/ideas - Minitokyo

Impossible concepts/ideas

page 1 of 1 21 total items

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

This thread is one for those who love to think about things that have no answer and come up with impossible ideas and concepts. I would like to put forward the idea of a perfect crime. A perfect crime can't exist can it? If it were a perfect crime then it wouldn't have actually been a crime. I've also heard my friend say that the worlds greatest hacker wouldn't exist. If he was the worlds greatest then there shouldn't be any trace of his existance right???
Anyways a fun little thread to get ya thinking (CAUTION: thinking about these ideas for more than 10 minutes may cause irrational thought and screaming)

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Dirty

Dirty

too many steps ahead.

Nice topic though I think what you are referring to is in fact a paradox. Not too sure what you are hinting at with the perfect crime idea, care to elaborate? Is your meaning similar to the statement "It's not cheating if you don't get caught?"

Don't really agree with your hacker idea since hacking is gaining illegal access and has nothing to do with elusiveness.

God created everything, who created God? Nothing exists without a creator you say?

Attempting to escape the matrix...

Signature

yakushi-meikin

yakushi-meikin

:Professional Nerd:

hmmm... interesting topic... :o

impossible ideas...

discovering everlasting life on earth? you'd have to test for it forever, right? :)

what else...

i'll drop by again as soon as i think of something better than everlasting life... (don't you think that that's too common?)

You're never fully dressed without a smile! ;)

Signature Image

Only in the mysterious equations of love can any real logic be found."
- A Beautiful Mind

Acknowledgements to alexiel01 for my userpage skin and signature image!

an idea i came up with is one i've had for a wihle either taking over the world or taking the world for ransom or well atleast a state or something like that but u would have to have acces to nuclear weapons

I can't think of any.

VKei

VKei

Yuki & Ai

The universe, the meaning of the "infinite" word , the "nothing" word and the existence of a creative being of all the things, those are inaccessible ideas for the human mind and causes headache try to find a sense that fills the mind to us, because the "mind" is only another of the concepts that we can't assimilate.

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

As littlejonny100 said, the perfect crime can not exist, neither can the perfect hacker.

The human is not perfect, (not even close :sweat:). It would be impossible for an imperfect being to do/create a perfect thing, don't ya think?

babyck

babyck

>*|*< c o f f e e & t e a >*|*<

Quote by cifirynAs littlejonny100 said, the perfect crime can not exist, neither can
the perfect hacker. The human is not perfect, (not even close :sweat:).
It would be impossible for an imperfect being to do/create a perfect
thing, don't ya think?

yaya..i so agree with you ^^

do you guys think there's really a special someone for everyone?like a soulmate?hmmm...

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Quote by babyckdo you guys think there's really a special someone for everyone?like a soulmate?hmmm...

Nop. I think that is a stereotype or "ilusion" people like to believe in...
I find it pretty impossible to believe that everyone has a "special someone" or a soulmate out there, it's just "too fairy tale-ish" for me >_<

There are a lot of people that do not need a soulmate to live happily, which means that not everyone has to have a soulmate... but then again that's just how I see it...

Quote by DirtyDon't really agree with your hacker idea since hacking is gaining illegal access and has nothing to do with elusiveness.

That's a cracker. Hacking is merely getting into the internals of software and hardware, it can be in any application and for any purpose.

Isn't a perfect crim the one where the culprit isn't found ?

a paradox :
Is God perfect since he can't create a thing so heavy that he can't carry it ?

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

vode

vode

Banned For Inactive

Quote by littlejonny100 If it were a perfect crime then it wouldn't have actually been a crime.

say someone did a 'perfect crime' of stealing a load of bread or wateva i dont care the bread shop would know they lost a load of bread and the guy who steal it did steal the bread so its crime if u get wat i mean =S

--o'.'---o

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

To make every day objects idiot proof.

It's impossible, because when you make things idiot proof the world just builds a better idiot.

Did that fit into the topic?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

shague

shague

sexy hair

I got one. In algebra, I always get confused when I have a problem (such as quadratics) that come up with multiple answers, and one or more of them don't work. How can you solve a problem and then one or more answers not work?
I also don't get numbers devided by zero. It has to equal something.
Some of my friends and I got together one day and tried to define any number devided by zero. We defined it as kac. If you have 17/0, you have 17kac. I think it may work along the same rules as i, the square root of -1. It is complicated and really confuses me and my friends. I also have a friend who claims he can make any number equal any other number using kac.

The only geeks that are allowed to have tans are band geeks, and they hate it with a passion.

#JapaneseLover#

Dirty

Dirty

too many steps ahead.

Quote by minebann

Quote by DirtyDon't really agree with your hacker idea since hacking is
gaining illegal access and has nothing to do with elusiveness.

That's a cracker. Hacking is merely getting into the internals of
software and hardware, it can be in any application and for any purpose.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hacker

hack·er1 Audio pronunciation of "hacker" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hkr)
n. Informal

1. One who is proficient at using or programming a computer; a computer buff.
2. One who uses programming skills to gain illegal access to a computer network or file.
3. One who enthusiastically pursues a game or sport: a weekend tennis hacker.

Anyways the point which you completely didn't answer, is why should the world's greatest hacker not exist? Linking elusiveness with hacking skills doesn't seem fair.

Quote by cifiryn It would be impossible for an imperfect being to do/create a perfect thing, don't ya think?

Perfection is subjective, your perfect ain't my perfect.

Attempting to escape the matrix...

Signature

well.. ionno if this is a good example of an 'impossible concept/idea' but.. try to imagine everything around you is an endless space filled with colorless liquid. its kinda hard since.. ur mind will tell u it has to end at a certain point and ta a certain color *.*

It's not impossible, I guess, but it's near impossible to comprehend....

What if no one had, or needed, names?

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I thought up a good one. The Earth we live on is circular (please oh god please agree to that) and gravity is a force which pulls everything to the center of the Earth, hence holding us all on. If you could bury a tunnel that went straight through the center of the Earth to the other side and jumped down it what would happen.
once you fell down to the middle you would cross the middle of the Earth hence reversing gravity which means you would be falling up......eventally you would have to fall down again to the center but what happens when you finally reach the center.....would you float of be pinned to a wall??? (this is assuming that the pressure doesn't crush you to a pulpy mass....but even then what would the pulpy mass do)

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Ooo. nice topic there johnny100, i got one, its kinda lame...

Is it really possible to answer a question by a "educational guess"? I think not.

Oh and for the earth/gravity thing..i'll go and grab a science textbook about the planet earth..*yoink

Signature Image

Groups.....::Minitokyo-Australia::. .::Chibi-Fest::. .::KpopFans::.

- from patients comes perfection, although patients has it's limits -

vode

vode

Banned For Inactive

--o'.'---o

yakushi-meikin

yakushi-meikin

:Professional Nerd:

Quote by andRox thing..i'll go and grab a science textbook about the planet earth..*yoink

I've read a quote somewhere:
"Gravity does not exist, the earth simply sucks!"

You're never fully dressed without a smile! ;)

Signature Image

Only in the mysterious equations of love can any real logic be found."
- A Beautiful Mind

Acknowledgements to alexiel01 for my userpage skin and signature image!

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.